Home General Discussion

I cant get it up!

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
One of my humidors is lacking in the humidity area and I was wondering how often you guys feel the need to reseason your humidors. In the past it has been a very stable humidor but now I can't get the RH up past 59. Should I just reseason it?

Comments

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Very interesting and timely post. I had noticed recently that each of my humidors seemed a bit "dry" on the inside...just the wood part the humidity was 3-6% below what I like and I didn'y really want to add more humi devices. On one site last night one guy was talking about reseasoning his humidor and that he does it just before the winter season. That said, I am in the process of reseasoning each of my humidors...each one will take several days but I think it may be worth it in the long run. Not ready for the little blue pills....yet!!!
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    It could be that you need to re-season your humidor or invest in some more humidification power. Or it could be that your hygrometer is lieing to you and everything is fine. I've learned to trust my sticks themselves rather than my hygro, and if everything feels the way it should, then everything is the way it should be. I don't even have a hygrometer in my humidor anymore.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive never re-seasoned my humidor. the RH in my house is about 25% and the Rh in my humidor is always at 65%. beads are a wonderful thing.