Home General Discussion

Cigar Magazine

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
I am not sure how many people here actually subscribe to this magazine, but I love it. It's actually a cigar magazine about cigars, go figure! Anyways, the way they do thier ratings/tastings is they pick a subscribers at random and send them a sampler of cigars, well, I just got picked! I am quite excited about this. I can't wait to see what cigars taste like.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cool, I was sent an issue with an order one time. I enjoyed the mag.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I don't subscribe, but I've bought a few issues off the news stand. It's definitely a good cigar mag. There's another decent one out there as well, but the name escapes me at the moment.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Krieg:
    I am not sure how many people here actually subscribe to this magazine, but I love it. It's actually a cigar magazine about cigars, go figure! Anyways, the way they do thier ratings/tastings is they pick a subscriber at random and send them a sampler of cigars, well, I just got picked! I am quite excited about this. I can't wait to see what cigars taste like.
    that's so cool Krieg. Are you gonna get to right any type of review? Let us know if you're name pops up in there magazine!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    I am not sure how many people here actually subscribe to this magazine, but I love it. It's actually a cigar magazine about cigars, go figure! Anyways, the way they do thier ratings/tastings is they pick a subscriber at random and send them a sampler of cigars, well, I just got picked! I am quite excited about this. I can't wait to see what cigars taste like.
    that's so cool Krieg. Are you gonna get to right any type of review? Let us know if you're name pops up in there magazine!
    Well, from what I've read, they will print a written review on each cigar, and then a few quotes from other reviewers. I will let you know if any of my stuff gets printed.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I like that they use random people to do the reviews, unlike Cigar Aficionado, where the reviews seem like they came out of a black box.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    That is awesome. Congrats man.
    One2gofst:
    That is awesome. Congrats man.
    Thanks! I think this is going to be really fun, I can't wait.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I can only imagine your review; it had notes of tobacco, and subtle hints of smoke!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Krieg:
    I am not sure how many people here actually subscribe to this magazine, but I love it. It's actually a cigar magazine about cigars, go figure! Anyways, the way they do thier ratings/tastings is they pick a subscribers at random and send them a sampler of cigars, well, I just got picked! I am quite excited about this. I can't wait to see what cigars taste like.
    That is awesome! Let us know what you end up getting. I think I need to check this magazine out. Sounds like a great one.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I subscribe to it. I only have one issue so far but I loved it. I also really like how they do the reviews. I read a great article about tobacco laws and a cigar festival held in the Dominican Republic. It is a really great magazine and fairly inexpensive for a subsrciption.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I found a mag that I will be getting a subscription to very soon!!! "Cigar Snob!!!" It is cross between a cigar magazine and Maxim! Some of the hottest women in the world smoking cigars... Life doesn't get much better than that!
    PuroFreak:
    I found a mag that I will be getting a subscription to very soon!!! "Cigar Snob!!!" It is cross between a cigar magazine and Maxim! Some of the hottest women in the world smoking cigars... Life doesn't get much better than that!
    hot naked chicks smoke cigars!!!!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Rob1110:
    I don't subscribe, but I've bought a few issues off the news stand. It's definitely a good cigar mag. There's another decent one out there as well, but the name escapes me at the moment.

I've read Cigar Magazine and I really like it. Another one I really enjoy is called Cigar Press. It's only released 4 times a year though. Maybe that's the one you were thinking of?

PuroFreak:

I like that one as well 8D

bacon.jay:
    Rob1110:

I've read Cigar Magazine and I really like it. Another one I really enjoy is called Cigar Press. It's only released 4 times a year though. Maybe that's the one you were thinking of?

Cigar Magazine is only released quarterly as well by the way
    ejenne87:
    bacon.jay:
    Rob1110:

Cigar Magazine is only released quarterly as well by the way

Is it? Didn't know that....

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have been following Cigar Snob Magazine on Twitter and have seen what they have in store. I think it is going to be a great magazine to look out for.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Press and snob both sound familiar. Think I have at least one issue of each. And I'll admit, I MAY have bought snob for the pictures of hot women as much as for the cigar info. MAY have.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Nice ! Some guys get all the luck.
    kaspera79:
    For anyone who subscribes to the magazine, you can actually send an email to say you're interested in reviewing some cigars (according to thier website anyway). You never know.
    Krieg:
    kaspera79:
    For anyone who subscribes to the magazine, you can actually send an email to say you're interested in reviewing some cigars (according to thier website anyway). You never know.
    I know that anyone that subscribes is "pre-entered" in to the drawing for the review cigars. But, it can't hurt to send them an email and let them know I am interested. I'll be doing this today!
    ejenne87:
    Krieg:
    kaspera79:
    I know that anyone that subscribes is "pre-entered" in to the drawing for the review cigars. But, it can't hurt to send them an email and let them know I am interested. I'll be doing this today!
    Cool, let us know if you hear back from them.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    PuroFreak:
    I really like this mag for many reasons....my main being that my local B&M gets 2 coppies and they give me one for free.....Hot naked chicks smoking cigars for free!!!!
    I got a reply from Cigar Magazine first thing this morning. They said that they have already sent out their ratings packs for the summer issue but I am near the top of the overflow list for the next issue. I should hear back from them in March I was told in regards to the fall issue ratings. Hopefully this works out and I can get some free cigars to rate.
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    I really like this mag for many reasons....my main being that my local B&M gets 2 coppies and they give me one for free.....Hot naked chicks smoking cigars for free!!!!
    So, I subscribed to this magazine last night becuase of the great things you all have said about it. I also have been getting my email inbox spammed like crazy today. I don't know if this has anything to do with Cigar Snob, but it is the only web site I gave my email to recently...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    So, I subscribed to this magazine last night becuase of the great things you all have said about it. I also have been getting my email inbox spammed like crazy today. I don't know if this has anything to do with Cigar Snob, but it is the only web site I gave my email to recently...
    Cancel your subscription and I will send you the slightly used magazines once I'm done reading them....as long as you don't mind a few pages being stuck together.
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Cancel your subscription and I will send you the slightly used magazines once I'm done reading them....as long as you don't mind a few pages being stuck together.
    bad images are stuck in my head now... Thanks Tony.

I will cancel it and we can work something out! Thanks for the hook up brother
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    I hope you enjoy it the magazine as much as I do. Only draw back is it only comes out once like QTR.
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    HA, I was waiting for that....
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Ccom tossed in a free Cigar Mag on my last order and I was amazed at how good it was. I am used to reading about watches and such but this so much better.