Home General Discussion

Do you share a similar experience?

2»

Comments

• havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    The second largest cigar store in my area is in the "bad neigborhood". I think the owners put it there to sell more lottery tickets (my chosen B&M is in the "upscale" neighborhood and they don't sell anything but tobacco products). Anyway, I used to check out the downtown B&M occasionally, until I had one of "those experiences". First of all, the walk in humidor is locked! You have to ask to be let in, as if you're entering a jewelry vault. The guy with the key will follow you, and if he doesn't have help at the couter, he clearly wants to hurry you up. As I browsed with all the time in the world, he says "Do you know what you want? I have customers out there at the counter." (one guy with a Pepsi) I said "You can go take care of him, I might be a while." So he sticks his head out of the humi and yells to the guy "I'll be out there in a minute sir, I have a customer who can't make up his mind." I don't intend on going back, ever.
  • bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    While I wasn't treated rudely, I was turned off when i walked into a local B&M and people were smoking cigarettes!!  Not exactly the experience I am looking for, definitely won't be going back there.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    "Well I'm glad your not a leper because you are such a GIANT *** that It'd be ashame of it to fall off"
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Lasabar:
    "Well I'm glad your not a leper because you are such a GIANT *** that It'd be ashame of it to fall off"
    LMAO
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130

Duder2:
    Wow, sounds like you handled that well. I have only been to a few "real" B&M's around here (lots of head shops) and both have been great. The one close to my house in south Everett is run by a guy and his wife and they are both really nice and welcoming. I was referred there by a friend and have since sent others there and all have had a good experience and have sent their friends as well. In the last month or so they have gained at least 3 or 4 more loyal customers due to good hospitality as well as great selection and very fair prices. Just goes to show how good word of mouth can make or break a small business that is service oriented.

What's the name of the shop? I'm from Seattle and good B&Ms are hard to come by.