Home General Discussion

Live chat option

docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
I wish this site had a live chat option. It would be much more informative and enjoyable.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Some of the regulars on another forum all hooked up with Skype and did their live chat that way.

Marty

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Some are on BlackBerry messenger too and talk everyday. If you have a BlackBerry you can join us.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    craigslist.org has a live discussion forum. There's no "cigar" forum, but we could use either the "open forum" or "sports" or "food forum"........ It requires a log in, but we could just use our screen names from here.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    this would actually be pretty cool.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I dunno. This would only enhance the experience and drive our message board addictions further!
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    jsnake PM sent
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I will tell you have instant chat and getting to know guys from here better is a ton of fun. No commitment and for me it doesn't take away from here. We really enjoy it.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    jsnake:
    I will tell you have instant chat and getting to know guys from here better is a ton of fun. No commitment and for me it doesn't take away from here. We really enjoy it.
    I'm one of the members of the BBM group, and I have to agree with Jake here - it's great to talk live and get to know members better, but it's still a totally casual group
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    I have a ventrilo server, if you guys mean real live chat. Headphone/mic required.
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    I would be up for a live chat...are the models nude?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jlmarta:
    Some of the regulars on another forum all hooked up with Skype and did their live chat that way.

Marty

getting us all on at the same time would be difficult as it was over there. in theory id be on board. in reality, i never could get on when others were.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    beardedcanadian:
    Maybe but would you really want to see Hays, Lassy or Kuzi nude?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Garen B:
    beardedcanadian:
    Maybe but would you really want to see Hays, Lassy or Kuzi nude?
    LMAO... Whaddyou trynna say here pal???
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    Wow! My first posting and it was actually read and generated some great response. If we could get a consensus on the best option that was available to most everyone I'd like to give it a try. In the meantime we still have e-mail and the forum. Welcome your response in either format. May be a generational thing, but for me it like texting when you can talk. (I do understand there is at times a convenience and privacy factor.) It's like giving up the telephone to use the telegraph.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    docedwards:
    Wow! My first posting and it was actually read and generated some great response. If we could get a consensus on the best option that was available to most everyone I'd like to give it a try. In the meantime we still have e-mail and the forum. Welcome your response in either format. May be a generational thing, but for me it like texting when you can talk. (I do understand there is at times a convenience and privacy factor.) It's like giving up the telephone to use the telegraph.
    I sent a suggestion to craigslist.org to set up a cigar aficianado discussion forum.........

Maybe they'll respond by 2011.....
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86

For live chat couldn't we just send "smoke signals"?

• angrymanangryman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    beardedcanadian:

For live chat couldn't we just send "smoke signals"?

That's too funny. But the BBM group is for the uber elite.... Waiting for the flame to light my stick with. :P