Home General Discussion

CAO Cameroon Anniversary

ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
Has anyone had this stick before? I smoked one the other day that had been in my humi for about 3 months and it tasted horrible. Do you guys think it needed more aging? Or is this just not a very tasty stick? (I thought about calling cabinetmaker to see if I could lick his dogs ass to get the taste out of my mouth....)

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    ScottU:
    Has anyone had this stick before? I smoked one the other day that had been in my humi for about 3 months and it tasted horrible. Do you guys think it needed more aging? Or is this just not a very tasty stick? (I thought about calling cabinetmaker to see if I could lick his dogs ass to get the taste out of my mouth....)
    I have no answer for you, but that seriously made me laugh my ass off
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I had one of these a while ago and was rather nonplussed by it. I thought the draw was way to loose and it didn't have much in the way of flavors. It wasn't horrible, but also wasn't worth the 7 bucks or so I paid for it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Yeah this was one of my first smokes... and I have to say it was gross.
    If you want a good cameroon try the oliva serie g.
    Honestly I think a lot of CAO stuff is kinda meh at best.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I have a few of these I got in a trade. I have had only one of them so far but i found it enjoyable. The draw was a bit loose, but not too terrible. I'll have to light one up here soon and see how they are doing.

I do agree that most of the CAO stuff is overrated, but I enjoy the Anniversary line and the Brazilia is pretty good, as well as the "X" line.
  • tedescotedesco Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    I also like the Brazilia but I realy didnt like any of the other CAO blends ive had. I thought they were kinda flavorless
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I had one a few months back and it was quite good. A nice mild smoke with a toasty bread taste. But it was right out of the B&M's humidor, so I have no idea how long it's been there. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it but it was decent for a mild smoke and the price.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Off topic... I smoked a CAO Anniversary Maduro a few days ago and was really impressed with it. This came as a surprise to me for two reasons, 1) I'm not a fan of CAO cigars, and 2) I'm not the biggest fan of maduros either. It had been in the humidor for 18 months or so, don't know if that did anything one way or the other, but it was pretty good.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    It's been quite a while since I had one of these but I remember them as being tasty. Maybe it's the cameroon wrapper you don't like?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    j0z3r:
    Off topic... I smoked a CAO Anniversary Maduro a few days ago and was really impressed with it. This came as a surprise to me for two reasons, 1) I'm not a fan of CAO cigars, and 2) I'm not the biggest fan of maduros either. It had been in the humidor for 18 months or so, don't know if that did anything one way or the other, but it was pretty good.
    I love the maduro! It's prolly my favorite maduro wrapped cigar. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these soon!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    I had one about 6 months ago and I really enjoyed it. Of course, I also really like cameroon wrappers and CAO.