Home Ratings & Reviews

Vegas 5 Series 'A' Archetype

Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
Ok I'm a complete newb, but I'm really wanting to immerse myself in the Cigar experience, so I thought I'd try a review.

The draw on this cigar was pretty good, with no real issues. The first third seemed very smooth, with hints of chocolate and coffee. The second third started off with quite a lot of spice, especially through the nose, then settled back into more of the chocolate and coffee. I'd compare it to a nice medium roast. The last third started to bring back more spice, and added a new flavor that I can't quite put my finger on..possibly toasty but I'm not sold on that :).

The cigar seemed to have trouble hanging onto it's ash after the first inch to inch and a half, but it did burn evenly throughout. The official review says it's medium to medium full, but It was fairly mild to me, maybe mild-medium. I unfortunately have quite a strong resistance to nicotine so can't comment on it's punch.

Oh well, hope that wasn't too far off the mark for a review.

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I have been smoking quality sticks a long time and I have yet to taste leather, toast, cedar, nuts, spices, etc in my smokes. What I taste is the unmistakeable flavor of quality tobaccos. I can tell you if it is rich or not and if it has body, everything else is just words. Back to your review, this is an awesome stick, rich, sweet flavor definitely a medium to full. IMO it is the best of the 5 Vegas line.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    A solid review. Seems you pick up many of the flavors I do as well in that cigar. One of my favorites from the 5 Vegas line.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    fla-gypsy:
    I have been smoking quality sticks a long time and I have yet to taste leather, toast, cedar, nuts, spices, etc in my smokes. What I taste is the unmistakeable flavor of quality tobaccos. I can tell you if it is rich or not and if it has body, everything else is just words. Back to your review, this is an awesome stick, rich, sweet flavor definitely a medium to full. IMO it is the best of the 5 Vegas line.
    Hey gypsy, I know what you mean about the " flavor" thing. Some times it's hard to place a name on what you are tasting. Of course smoke won't taste exactly like toast but reminds you of it in some way. The taste of coffee/bean or chocolate are the most defined in my opinion, try this while smoking... think of all the terms you hear Leather, nut, wood, earth, ( that's a good one that covers a lot of ground ) and think do I taste that ? and start to narrow down what it reminds you of. Some taste like just tobacco... and that is good too. Also have you tried the 5 Vegas Limitada 09. My new favorite Vegas.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    All cigars taste like tobacco just like all beer tastes like beer, but there is a huge difference between Schlitz and Guinness and cigars are the same way. The Series 'A' is a great smoke that really hits the spot when I'm looking for something dark.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    bigharpoon:
    All cigars taste like tobacco just like all beer tastes like beer, but there is a huge difference between Schlitz and Guinness and cigars are the same way. The Series 'A' is a great smoke that really hits the spot when I'm looking for something dark.
    Actualy, there is a brew house near where I live that brews a beer that doesn't taste like beer at all. It actualy tastes just like chocolate flavored coffee beans, it's pretty wild! If you are ever in NC let me know and I will treat you to one. It's from a place called The Mash House, and the beer is their brown porter.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Actualy, there is a brew house near where I live that brews a beer that doesn't taste like beer at all. It actualy tastes just like chocolate flavored coffee beans, it's pretty wild! If you are ever in NC let me know and I will treat you to one. It's from a place called The Mash House, and the beer is their brown porter.
    Yumm...that sounds great! Porter is a really good beer and I'd love to take you up on your offer if I'm ever down that way. I used to work in Highlands and have a lot of friends in the Chatooga river watershed (which is actually S. Carolina).
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    bigharpoon:
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Yumm...that sounds great! Porter is a really good beer and I'd love to take you up on your offer if I'm ever down that way. I used to work in Highlands and have a lot of friends in the Chatooga river watershed (which is actually S. Carolina).
    I'll be home in a month, just let me know when it on!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Wow, a month? That's awesome! I thought it wasn't going to be until Feb/March for some reason...

Speaking of Porters... I just bottled my home brew porter on Sunday. We'll see how it turns out in a few weeks. :)