Home General Discussion

Wedding Smokes

kev41042kev41042 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
Daughters wedding coming up and I would like to have 100 cigars for friends. Can you guys recommend a mild stick with a good draw for guests that may not smole many cigars ? Economical is a plus....she already spent my money !

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    if you can find someone where you live or maybe go into a local shop they may know of a hand roller that will come to the reception and hand roll a desired amount of cigars for you . That was what my wifes wedding present to me was. 100 hand rolled cigars were 550.00 and they rolled for 3 hours. if they all dont got the groom gets some smokes to take home. I only got to take 10 home as we had 250 + geusts and alot of people smoked. But if you cant find some one 5Vegas gold or gurkha park avenue would be an all around tasty mild smoke that most people would enjoy. Also keep an eye open on the daily deal ..... you may be able to find a hell of a deal on there that would blow away most prices.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I second the Daily Deal on here... that would be most economical, and i'd add to the 5 Vegas but change it up...

I have "Created" 3 smokers of great cigars with 5 Vegas Serie 'A'... It says med-full, but what most people get is TASTY
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I second the 5 Vegas Gold, but instead of the Gurkha Park Avenue, try the Gurkha Symphony. They are more pricey regularly than the Park Avenues, but they are far superior smokes IMO. They do have them on daily deal quite a bit, and if I were you, I would call Ccom and see if they can get you 20 five packs for daily deal prices since you are buying that many, lol.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Do they have any particular color scheme going on with the wedding? Most of us guys don't really think about this type of things but I know the girls go nutts over it. It might be cool to find one with a wrapper that matches the color scheme. Just one more thing your daughter will love you for. There's enough good cheap cigars to choose from so I'm sure you could find one that matches.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i bought some ITC 10yr seconds on here for 45 which is $3 a stick. mild, economical, good overall stick. they don't have bands though.
    if you are thinking about making a big purchase, call customer hotline and tell them what you're doing and see what deals they can make
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    For a mild, economical cigar I second (or third or fourth, whatever) 5 Vegas Gold. Also ITC 10th seconds is a good idea too.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I would go with a 5 Vegas Gold or CAO Gold. I really think out of everything mentioned your best bet without breaking the bank is 5 Vegas Gold and they are very good cigars. It should please everyone.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I'd agree with the 5 Vegas Gold (plus it's got a gorgeous band), or the Gurkha Park Avenue.

DO check out the Daily Deals though - the last time I wanted to buy cigars for an event, 5 Vegas Classics came up on Daily Deal and I bought 20 for all of like $26.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Ya know i'd definatley throw the ITC 10th Anniversery in there and ccom has the robusto or lonsdale boxes at 59 per 20 .......... thats a great deal ........ i paid 69.95 a few months back for a box and thought that was a deal......... just give one of the boys a call and say ....... the boys on the forums said to hook you up
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I have to add Nica Libre and Sol Cubano Connecticut. The Nica Libre is a medium-bodied smoke, but in my opinion it is the best value for the money. A box is $50-60 but they are better than most stick with a box price twice as high. The Sol Cubano Connecticut is a decent smoke at a fair price, rolled in the Oliva factory, so you can't go wrong with that one.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    If you're looking for a good mild stick that smokers and non-smokers alike would apprciate, I would say the Cigar.com Purple label can't be beat for the price. Probably a bit cheaper than some of the ones mentioned already. I've only had a couple, but construction was great and they were fairly tasty for a mild stick.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    Ccom House blends.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Oliva G Cameroons...thats what I used at mine. Mild and Flavorfull, can't go wrong with them and the prices isnt too bad.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Bad Andy:
    Oliva G Cameroons...thats what I used at mine. Mild and Flavorfull, can't go wrong with them and the prices isnt too bad.
    why not half cameroon and half maduro?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    kuzi16:
    Bad Andy:
    why not half cameroon and half maduro?
    I could go with that...the G maduros are very tasty.
  • bforresterbforrester Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    What about these primeros i see on ccom. Has anybody given them a whirl. Pretty cheap buck twenty five to a buck and a half a stick, give or take.
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I've smoked through the 5 of each sampler. They're decent sticks for the money, but you can get some of the vegas just as cheap, and they're a step above (or 3 or 4 steps)
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Wow so many good ideas out there. I would say go with a variety or a couple of different cigars. Just like on this forum everyone has different tastes. If it were me I would probably go with 5 Vegas Gold's, Nica Libre, ITC, CCom blend, or primeros....in that order. Each has a distinct taste, size, look, feel, and smoking time. Yummy thinking about the Nica Libre for a morning smoke tomo.....opps tend to drift sometimes. On the other hand I am also a fan of the KISS ASSH (Keep It Simple Stupid And Sh*t Shouldn't Happen) principal. So you could just go with one and I know that if I went I would just be happy that there were free sticks!!! Anyway if there are any leftovers don't forget your BOTL that gave you great advice!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    they don't have bands though.

A perfect opportunity to photoshop and print your own custom bands!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    you can also order custom bands online. that would be so cool
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    dennisking:
    you can also order custom bands online. that would be so cool
    Yeah, but it's so easy and inexpensive to do yourself.