Home Cigar 101

just a few questions to better enjoy.

2»

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    i wonder if thats true. I know that nicotine can enter the blood stream through the walls of you cheeks, but this isnt as fast as it gets there in your lungs.

100-400 times... thats seems that it could be right. i guess it could be true, if your lungs get nicotine to your lungs at a rate that is 400+ times faster than your cheeks. otherwise we would all be physically addicted to cigars at the end of our first few puffs.

is there a clinical psychologist with a specialization in drug interaction and absorption into the body in the house? ... oh wait, thats what my father does... ill get back to you guys. maybe he will have a bit of insight into it.
    Hey Kuzi, I'll be waiting to hear about this one. I once heard that there is more nicotine in one cigar than a pack of cigarettes so 100-400 makes me think Holy C***, that is a lot, more like 20 packs ! I know that people who chew, get the nicotine hit from absorbing through the cheeks, and probably become addicted to that habit so we must get the nicotine this way too. Maybe that is why I sometimes get a buzz and feel ill after a strong powerhouse cigar, nicotine overload.
  • angrymanangryman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    Since cigars are 100% natural, do you think non-smokers would accept us more because we are going "green"? ;P
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    lol, perhaps. I haven't met anyone who "needs" to fix from a cigar. cigs though, I have a few friends who need it every hour or so. I still stand on that it's more mental than anything. Though if I was addicted to cigars I would be very broke...
  • nudienudie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 112
    This is polly the most helpful thread to a novice (6mo) like myself... read it like a book
    angryman:
    Since cigars are 100% natural, do you think non-smokers would accept us more because we are going "green"? ;P
    or accept us cause we're awesome?!.... I </3 Chemicals in my smoke
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    this is quite an interesting thread, great read, wmaxham...why does your girlfriend hate cigars so much? I know my wife doesn't looove the smell when I come in, but I always try to do something nice for her when I come in from a cigar, foot rub, back rub...something that makes her look forward to me coming in from a smoke...kinda works to my advantage. She's great with it now, bought me a new humidor for christmas!!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    letsgowithbob:
    this is quite an interesting thread, great read, wmaxham...why does your girlfriend hate cigars so much? I know my wife doesn't looove the smell when I come in, but I always try to do something nice for her when I come in from a cigar, foot rub, back rub...something that makes her look forward to me coming in from a smoke...kinda works to my advantage. She's great with it now, bought me a new humidor for christmas!!
    wmaxham Hasn't posted since 2008. Allow me to illustrate the what has happened here...

This is not intended offend, only to be humorous.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    yeah I guess I should have looked at the dates..lol
    letsgowithbob:
    Im bad at that cause i just search forums for what i wanna talk about so i dont start another useless thread... i am jesus.. resurrecting threads on the 3rd day
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    nudie:
    letsgowithbob:
    Im bad at that cause i just search forums for what i wanna talk about so i dont start another useless thread... i am jesus.. resurrecting threads on the 3rd day

I don't remember reading that Jesus was funny or ran around naked all the time, the bible must be WAY more entertaining than I thought!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Who keeps reserecting these old a$$ posts .......
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Grave digger!! I still learned something - Kuzi has an odd, but potentially awesome way of lighting a cigar.

kuzi16:
    get out your torch lighter. i hold the cigar in my left hand and the lighter in my right hand. I light the lighter and slowly start bringing the flame twoards the foot of the cigar. when there is a first hint of smoke i stop moving it. i rotate the cigar to get an even toast on the foot. when the toast is even i stop and let the cigar cool for about 20 seconds or so. at this point the cigar is still not lit. then i repeat the same thing with the lighter but this time i let it start to glow. the flame should never actually hit the foot of the cigar. when the entire foot glows i try and make one more quick pass over the edge of the cigar to make sure all of the wrapper is lit. I put the cigar in my mouth and gently blow out once. i let the cigar sit for 30 seconds to a minute. then start puffing.
    TatuajeVI:
    Grave digger!! I still learned something - Kuzi has an odd, but potentially awesome way of lighting a cigar.

kuzi16:
    get out your torch lighter. i hold the cigar in my left hand and the lighter in my right hand. I light the lighter and slowly start bringing the flame twoards the foot of the cigar. when there is a first hint of smoke i stop moving it. i rotate the cigar to get an even toast on the foot. when the toast is even i stop and let the cigar cool for about 20 seconds or so. at this point the cigar is still not lit. then i repeat the same thing with the lighter but this time i let it start to glow. the flame should never actually hit the foot of the cigar. when the entire foot glows i try and make one more quick pass over the edge of the cigar to make sure all of the wrapper is lit. I put the cigar in my mouth and gently blow out once. i let the cigar sit for 30 seconds to a minute. then start puffing.
    this is how i was taught a year ago at the B&M... works great for me