Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Triple-A Feedback

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Anybody try one yet? I would be curious to see what everyone things. I have been digging the PA Broadleaf Maduro wrappers lately. Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A and La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte have been in constant rotation.

Comments

• nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I haven't seen them anywhere but on CI's site. How long till they're put on Ccom?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I remember asking about these a couple months ago, and I still haven't seen them available for purchase. Are they a phone-call-only cigar or something?
  • ashley12ashley12 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    i just ordered some i've never tried a vages. The excitment is about to kill me
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    The A was really nice, I didn't actually know the AAA was Penn, and I agree, it's a fantastic leaf rivaled only by the Habano 2000, so I think I'll be trying some soon.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    So far they have been in a few sampler packs. I will get the singles up today. Boxes have still not come in but I expect them in a week or so. I will also make sure we feature these in a daily cigar deal sometime soon so you guys can try a few without breaking the bank. I would be very interested in what everyone thinks. IMHO, best 5 Vegas yet although I do really love the Miami.
    Being the best 5 Vegas yet is a pretty big claim. I'll order two of the 5ers on daily deal off your word though, lol.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Alex Svenson:
    So far they have been in a few sampler packs. I will get the singles up today. Boxes have still not come in but I expect them in a week or so. I will also make sure we feature these in a daily cigar deal sometime soon so you guys can try a few without breaking the bank. I would be very interested in what everyone thinks. IMHO, best 5 Vegas yet although I do really love the Miami.
    I have to second the love for the 5 Vegas Miami. But these AAA's are supposed to be better? I'll definitely be jumping on that deal when it comes out!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Thanks for posting and telling us a little about these Alex. I asked about them a while back on here to try to see what was different from the regular Series A. I am looking forward to trying them and will be watching for them on the daily deal!
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Put me down for two of the 5 Vegas AAA daily deals if the price is right
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Thewelder:
    Put me down for two of the 5 Vegas AAA daily deals if the price is right
    +1
  • GarheadGarhead Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    Alex Svenson:
    Anybody try one yet? I would be curious to see what everyone things. I have been digging the PA Broadleaf Maduro wrappers lately. Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A and La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte have been in constant rotation.
    //////////// Just had a 5 Vegas Triple A.  Absolutely NOTHING like the regular 'A' series.  Much more dense, strong and complex.  Very spicey, full, oak and leather.  Very very nice! Reminds me of a Pepin blend....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Got a few in my hands today, so it looks like I have a Triple A to burn now. I'll report back when I finish it.
    Still planning on running a daily deal on these?
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    alienmisprint:
    Still planning on running a daily deal on these?
    I sent Jeff an email about it, asking if I could get a couple fivers on DD price with my last order since they take so long to get here, but he just said to look out for the DD. Hope I can get some when they go on.
    Yeah, I've been waiting to put in an order for the Triple A daily deal, lol. I'm gonna get 2-4 of the 5ers, depending on price.
    As was the case with the Diesel, I was underwhelmed with the Triple A. It just didn't do it for me.
  • TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    j0z3r:
    As was the case with the Diesel, I was underwhelmed with the Triple A. It just didn't do it for me.
    ~~~ As it stands right now I like the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte the best among the three (Diesel and 5V AAA being the other two)... having said that I really think the 5V AAA might have the most potential to age out and improve... time will tell as i have all three sittin on cedar :)
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    ~~~ As it stands right now I like the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte the best among the three (Diesel and 5V AAA being the other two)... having said that I really think the 5V AAA might have the most potential to age out and improve... time will tell as i have all three sittin on cedar :)
    I feel the same about how they stack up, right off the bat the La Herencia is my favorite. And I do agree that the 5 V will probably do the best with some rest, hence I'll be revisiting it in a month or so and see where it's at.

I'm wondering if I just had really high hopes due to the hype and now I'm more let down than I should be.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    I know this is an old thread but I just had to make a post. I would say that the 5 Vegas Triple A is a cigar that absolutely needs a good deal of rest. I picked these up when they were fairly new at the beginning of the year and I didn’t think much of it. I smoked one right out of the pack and was very unimpressed. It was harsh and unpleasant. I tried another one about 2 months later and still didn’t like it. Over the next few months as I got new cigar they worked their way to the bottom of one of my humidors and I forgot about them. I recently took part in a few trades and as I was looking through my stash for some smokes to send I rediscovered these little beauties. I just smoked one now…and it was a home run; strong thick smoke with a good taste of leather and unsweetened espresso. It’s been about 30min since I finished and I still have a great espresso taste lingering. After about a year of resting this is one killer smoke.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I'll have to dig one of these out and try it soon. I tried 1 out of the 10 I bought and was disappointed. It wasn't a bad cigar by any means, but it was heavily hyped and I was expecting a lot.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I smoked one and hated it especially compared to the A. I think I have 2 resting so maybe I will revisit this one.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    my fav. 5 vegas!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I really like them but I agree on the long rest.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    The AAA was far superior to the A IMO. Not even close.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I don't like the draw on the A, the Triple A on the other hand is right up my alley...
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    i had the a the other day on little rest and was disappointed i am a huge 5 vegas fan and this is the first one i wasnt impressed with. I have a triple a resting how long should i let it rest before firing it up?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Christian_Sapp:
    i had the a the other day on little rest and was disappointed i am a huge 5 vegas fan and this is the first one i wasnt impressed with. I have a triple a resting how long should i let it rest before firing it up?
    Give it a month or few...these I consider a daily type of cigar, not something I would really age so a month or few they come in to their own...I have a coupleboxes on the way maybe I will let one rest long term...
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    Just finished my revisit and it was much better.
    It's been so long since the first one, I'm wishing I took notes. Maybe it was because of earlier high expectations vs. no expectations, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 6-8 months of resting I wanna say.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I've really liked every one I've had from little rest to lots. I will agree they get better with time though. I have a box dated Jan 09'. I'm waiting till they are 2 years old to try one from that box but I'm confident they will be really good!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    fla-gypsy:
    The AAA was far superior to the A IMO. Not even close.
    +1