Home Non Cigar Related

Computer Problems!

ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
Hey Guys. I know a couple of you on here are computer wizzes, so maybe you can help me out. I am having trouble viewing a good number of videos recently and I don't know why. They don't come up as broken but there is an empty box where the video would be and there is a small icon in the upper left hand corner that is a small page with colored geometric figures on it. Anyone know what this is about?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    It could be any number of things, missing codecs, plug ins, etc...but the most common is no flash plug in is installed. Just go to www.google.com and type in "download flash for...name of internet browser" let us know results.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Krieg:
    It could be any number of things, missing codecs, plug ins, etc...but the most common is no flash plug in is installed. Just go to www.google.com and type in "download flash for...name of internet browser" let us know results.
    My recommendation as well!
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    figured it out. If you are running XP and upgrade to windows explorer 8 then you need to upgrade to the newest Adobe Flash player, since WE 8 is designed for Vista. You will not be prompted to do so at any time unless you do it yourself as I have had this issue for going on 1 month now.
    Thanks for the help anyway guys
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Yup. It depends on your computer, I've seen some browsers prompt for it, others not. Either way glad you fixed it.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    post a link to one of the videos that wont play and we can go from there.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    lol, I guess jason was the last one to log onto this forum from this laptop, that last message from duder2 was me.