Home Non Cigar Related

Kids these days...

2»

Comments

• BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    kuzi16:
    Garen B:
    I second that. I'm actually a bit ashamed of how badly our generation's social skills have become because of the internet.
    i actually heard a server in my restaurant say "BRB" to someone.
    i was amazed.
    Were they speaking to a fellow worker or to a customer?
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    BStayer:
    kuzi16:
    Garen B:
    I second that. I'm actually a bit ashamed of how badly our generation's social skills have become because of the internet.
    i was amazed.
    Should it matter? I'm just hoping that we don't get to a point where L33t speech is going to be taught as an actual language.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Garen B:
    Should it matter? I'm just hoping that we don't get to a point where L33t speech is going to be taught as an actual language.
    Absolutely agreed
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Garen B:

We're closer than you may think:
    http://www.ps3news.com/General-Off-Topic/noob-to-be-one-millionth-english-word-added-to-the-dictionary/
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I finally watched this video at home.... can't watch youtube on NMCI computers. This kid has some problems. I would not say that his behavior is indicative of a generation. While kids these days are kinda weird, what generation in their youth isn't in comparison to the previous generations. This kid just has some serious emotional and psychological issues. I mean, anyone who breaks down sobbing and starts punching walls until they break their hand has some serious emotional issues, let alone of something as simple as a video game.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Garen B:
    BStayer:
    kuzi16:
    Garen B:
    i was amazed.
    To a restaurant owner/manager, yes, it most absolutely would matter. Obviously this isn't a way to speak to someone and is indicative of our socially inept and rather techno dependant culture. My point was that if this was to a customer, then Kuzi very well may have pulled this waiter to the side and had a little chat with the person. It would be rather crude to speak to a customer in such a fashion. However, if it's just to a fellow worker, then the ridiculousness of it is all there is to this story then.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    clearlysuspect:
    I finally watched this video at home.... can't watch youtube on NMCI computers. This kid has some problems. I would not say that his behavior is indicative of a generation. While kids these days are kinda weird, what generation in their youth isn't in comparison to the previous generations. This kid just has some serious emotional and psychological issues. I mean, anyone who breaks down sobbing and starts punching walls until they break their hand has some serious emotional issues, let alone of something as simple as a video game.
    Since I started the whole thing about "generations" with my initial reply, I'll try and see if I can't explain what I meant. It is true that what this kid is doing is not necessarily indicative of a generation, that was a broad generalization on my part, but it seems to be that this kind of behavior is becoming more common. It might very well be that when I was a kid (I say that like I'm not still young) there was no youtube so every dumbass who wanted to make a ranting video couldn't just point, shoot and upload. Kids are probably no worse than ever, they're just finding new ways to prove how hideously stupid they are...I know I went out of my way to prove I was an idiot when I was a kid, so....:)
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I'm just 23, so I'm part of this generation, but when I was a kid we acted stupid in other (read more dangerous) ways. We blew stuff up. We made different types of guns: potato, pumpkin, 20 oz bottle. We tried to see how big of a tree we could run down with our pick ups. But in small town Arkansas it took awhile for the internet to move in. We still had party lines when I was in high school...
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    BStayer:
    Garen B:
    BStayer:
    kuzi16:
    Garen B:
    i was amazed.
    To a restaurant owner/manager, yes, it most absolutely would matter. Obviously this isn't a way to speak to someone and is indicative of our socially inept and rather techno dependant culture. My point was that if this was to a customer, then Kuzi very well may have pulled this waiter to the side and had a little chat with the person. It would be rather crude to speak to a customer in such a fashion. However, if it's just to a fellow worker, then the ridiculousness of it is all there is to this story then.
    I need to clarify myself, I meant that as, should it matter; She is speaking in a text abbreviation instead of normal speech. My bad.

@joe The only great part about youtube and those idiots is that we can now laugh at them while they punch a wall and rant.