Home General Discussion

Coffee

beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
Has anyone tried the coffees sold on here and other cigar sites...I love my joe and am curious if they are any better than what I drink with my sticks now.

Comments

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Best coffee I ever had was at one of my ex-gf's house. Her mom gets it from Trader Joe's. Absolutely the best.

• beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    Do you remember the type... Trader Joes has lots of coffee.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Trader Joe's actually has a number of very nice coffees. I have never had the "cigar brand" coffees, but they are much more expensive. What type of coffees do you like?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    If you like strong but super tasty rich coffee, try Trung Nguyen Trung Nguyen
    One2gofst:
    Trader Joe's actually has a number of very nice coffees. I have never had the "cigar brand" coffees, but they are much more expensive. What type of coffees do you like?
    Yeah they have some very good coffee, I tend to like strong black with lots of flavor. Turkish or Lebanese coffee are probably my favorites to sip on but a big cup-o-dark roast is great as well...don't like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts...but as a Canadian I am sort of honor bound to enjoy a cup of Tim Hortons on occasion. Yourself?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I used to drink Starbucks, as I got it free from a girl I dated a short time who worked there. Not the best, but good enough for free. I generally like medium to full flavored coffee, although there are lighter coffees I like as well. The peaberry from trader joes is interesting. I am on a pretty tight budget and trader Joe's "Joe" coffee is tough to beat for the price, but not up to the same level as others they carry.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    I've "bean" (everybody groan) drinking Peets coffee for a long time and haven't found a roaster that comes close.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    I drink Trader Joe's "Columbia Supremo" whole bean coffee. It is a medium roast that is sweet and rich with good flavors.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    My dad got me hooked on a a coffee from New Mexico called Pinon. I think it is sold at Trader Joe's and since I started drinking that all the over roasted sludge they sell at Starbucks hasn't tasted the same.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Everyone here always talks about "Trader Joe's" and I feel a large amount of Suck-titude for having never been here and having no freakin' idea what the hell it is......

Jerks
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    It's where old people and hippies used to shop before Whole Foods got big. Now its just old people and guys who have an unhealthy infatuation with coffee.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    It may be a So Cal thing.............
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Garen B:
    It's where old people and hippies used to shop before Whole Foods got big. Now its just old people and guys who have an unhealthy infatuation with coffee.
    Sounds like a good place to pick up pedophiles...
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    We don't have Trader Joe's in Texas. We have a Costco and Wal-Mart on every corner though.

Any of you ever had Arabic coffee? It's basically syrup, and will keep you up for three days.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Matt Marvel:
    We don't have Trader Joe's in Texas. We have a Costco and Wal-Mart on every corner though...
    Yeah, ditto. I looked up Trader Joe's to see why I had never heard of it...nearest one is about 271 miles west of here in New Mexico.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    We got her in the wasteland (d.c.)... now I'm going to have to pick up a couple roasts.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Lasabar:
    Everyone here always talks about "Trader Joe's" and I feel a large amount of Suck-titude for having never been here and having no freakin' idea what the hell it is......

Jerks
    Don't feel bad. I had never heard of it either until I moved to Massachusetts. They're all over the place here. Still have never been in one though
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    beardedcanadian:

Nope don't remember which one it was. I've never been in a Trader Joe's either, i just remember the coffee was really good, and that it was from that place. If I saw the can again I might be able to tell if it was the same or not.

bacon.jay:
    beardedcanadian:

Nope don't remember which one it was. I've never been in a Trader Joe's either, i just remember the coffee was really good, and that it was from that place. If I saw the can again I might be able to tell if it was the same or not.

I am heading there today, I will pick up one or two different kinds and let you know which ones I like. Cheers.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Garen B:

Hit the nail on the head.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Trader Joe's has pretty darn good beer also....love that place
    tankbonnies:
    . . . . Have you tried thier version of Corona, they have a dark and light version...pretty good and pretty sweet price as well...but Can't beat 2 buck chuck either... . . .
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316

I purchased the single serve Breville coffee maker a few months back.  Have to say, I love it.  I can make just one cup of hot coffee at a time.  I like the Emeril Big Easy Bold flavor.  You can also make hot cocoa or tea.

I love the ritual of  of brewing up a cup in the cool stainless machine while firing up a Graycliff or some such, I'm all over it.

• tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    beardedcanadian:
    tankbonnies:
    . . . . Have you tried thier version of Corona, they have a dark and light version...pretty good and pretty sweet price as well...but Can't beat 2 buck chuck either... . . .
    No..I haven't ...but will....Their Dunkelweizen beer is pretty damn good
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Garen B:
    My dad got me hooked on a a coffee from New Mexico called Pinon. I think it is sold at Trader Joe's and since I started drinking that all the over roasted sludge they sell at Starbucks hasn't tasted the same.
    Yumm love some Pinon coffee. We just went through some Chocolate Pinon coffe and it was outstanding!

Peace, Nick
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I only drink super premium coffee like Folgers or Maxwell House.
    smbrink:
    You know I have heard that the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup...and I have to agree, the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup...not mine. ;-)
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    beardedcanadian:
    smbrink:
    You know I have heard that the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup...and I have to agree, the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup...not mine. ;-)
    :)