Home Cigar 101

What are you folks using for coller organization?

avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
I have a bunch of boxes but then 5 cedar trays for a lot of my singles. Lately I am running out of space and I feel the trays are wasting space however I don't really want to toss everything into ziplocks as that just makes going through everything too difficult. Any of you have any other suggestions to look into?

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    When things get tight, I use these.

About $20 @ walmort. 28 quarts. (Will probably, very neatly, accept all five of your cedar trays.)
    If things get tight again. Repeat.

Then, if your C.A.S. proplem persists, I recommend another one of these.

About $40 @ walmort. 70 quarts.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Yeah I'm in a 70 qt right now. But that other one if it would hold all the cedar trays it would be easy to toss a few bovedas in there and be good. Also make a good Travel Humi!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    I too have a cooler with a couple of trays that I use for singles that don't make it into one of my humidors, then the other is just for boxes. Nice and organized.
    avengethis:
    Yeah I'm in a 70 qt right now. But that other one if it would hold all the cedar trays it would be easy to toss a few bovedas in there and be good. Also make a good Travel Humi!
    My trays stacked in there really well in the 28 quart, with a little room to spare. I had enough room left over to slip a slim cigar box on it's end down beside the trays on one side and the same with another slim box on one end. My trays are 12 & 1/2" long x 7 & 1/2" wide x 2" high.
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    My trays stacked in there really well in the 28 quart, with a little room to spare. I had enough room left over to slip a slim cigar box on it's end down beside the trays on one side and the same with another slim box on one end. My trays are 12 & 1/2" long x 7 & 1/2" wide x 2" high.
    Where they the ones from a site about inexpensive cigar storage?
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Probably, Don't recall exactly. It's been a few years. I just now took those measurements myself. some of the online deals offer different dimensions.
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Probably, Don't recall exactly. It's been a few years. I just now took those measurements myself. some of the online deals offer different dimensions.
    Yeah those match the dimensions of the ones I have so I will have to go check one of those out. Not sure how I tell my wife I need a 2nd one.
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Bob Luken:
    avengethis:
    Yeah those match the dimensions of the ones I have so I will have to go check one of those out. Not sure how I tell my wife I need a 2nd one.
    Good luck with THAT! LOL
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I bought some custom trays for my first cooler. They are great but it took twelve weeks to get them. I do have a cooler full of plastic bags and it is a mess. I'll be getting some trays from amazon or wherever in the near future.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    These things work great.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I've got something similar to those sterilite containers, but I don't really like it. I have some of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Container-Large-Rectangle-2-Count/dp/B003UEG7SW/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1426939752&sr=8-19&keywords=ziploc+containers

Poke some holes in them for ventilation and I think I'll like them better. I used them as temporary tupperdores before and I like the clear sides. NOT too deep and about the perfect size. Can hold a robusto going across the width and anything bigger fits lengthwise.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    rsherman24:
    These things work great.

I have a bunch of those sitting empty in my closet. Used them for poker chips and other silly things. Guess I will re-think throwing them out or giving them to the lids. Thank you.
    I went through and organized my boxes and a few boxes where almost empty so I just pulled them out and put the sticks in trays. I made room for my incoming purchases here but I think it is inevitable. I might just need to go with the 120qt and give me the room I need then.