Home General Discussion

Finally!!!! Got a man cave goin!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
It's not much but it keeps me dry and it's somewhere to smoke! Eventually I'll get a few little windows in it so I can smoke with the doors closed but for now it works :)

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Nice. I can dig it. Love the chair. That's the most important item to a great mancave. Right?
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Bob Luken:
    Nice. I can dig it. Love the chair. That's the most important item to a great mancave. Right?

you got that right :) nice comfy chair and a decent dry place. Can't conplain now. :)
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Perfect, Bob's right, it's the chair and cigar that counts.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    That's awesome, Chris! Love it! Picturing a cold day... you've been missing for a couple of hours... the doors open and you step through a huge cloud of smoke. Haha! I'm totally jealous!
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Hellya gratz man, wish I had a smoking room!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Very cool! I was at Home Depot today and had this vision that I would build a tree house smoking room. Now just to convince the daughter (who has been asking for one for a couple of years) that I do still love her if I build a tree hose for me first.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Nice shed bropicklespear. You just need a TV & minifridge out there and you won't ever have to leave :-)
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    Man that thing looks fantastic, congrats! Get a small space heater for winter as well and your set!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Very nice! Take away that awesome chair, and several dozen cubic feet, and you have Morgan's old closet!
    Thanks guys! It's a far cry from my carpeted insulated studio I had. But it gets the job done! I already have a killer little space heater that will make that she'd nice and toasty :) with a few little things here and there it will be quite nice :)
  • aschwendt13aschwendt13 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    I gotta disagree...my mancave only has a stool, my lawnmower and my bike to sit on but i love it....although i do like that chair..haha
    Bob Luken:
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    That is AWESOME man! I freakin love the chair, even more for the juxtaposition. You should totally get a fancy old rug (easy find at flea markets) for the floor and some classical decorations, so when you open the doors it's like "BAM welcome to my mini-mansion".
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    I can dig it, just sit back and relax.
    Gotta scrub it down. Lol it's kinda dirty. Lol install some rain guards on the edges and the top of the door and should be good. Not wet in there... Just a little damp. Don't want the floor to rot
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Hays:
    That is AWESOME man! I freakin love the chair, even more for the juxtaposition. You should totally get a fancy old rug (easy find at flea markets) for the floor and some classical decorations, so when you open the doors it's like "BAM welcome to my mini-mansion".
    And a butler. Just to stand there. Or is that creepy? I used to have a "mint-man" from a movie theather. Wooden guy dressed like a butler holding a bowl for mints. I used it for keys and spare change and hung my coat on the guy. The wife made me ditch him long ago. Now I have ideas and might have to make my own.
    Martel:
    Hays:
    And a butler. Just to stand there. Or is that creepy? I used to have a "mint-man" from a movie theather. Wooden guy dressed like a butler holding a bowl for mints. I used it for keys and spare change and hung my coat on the guy. The wife made me ditch him long ago. Now I have ideas and might have to make my own.

That neat! I want one of those! :)
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    LiquidChaos66:
    Martel:
    Hays:

It was kind of like this, only with a bowl. I like the tray better.
    http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/Creative.jpg
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I spend more time in my shed/cave than my house. In here now watching the Bruins. Congrats

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    For years they've been telling me I need to get my shed together. Now I know why.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I feel so sorry for you guys that have to take it outside.

A little hint from "Mike Holmes", wipe down the whole interior with Clorox. Any bad mold that may have grown will die.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Nice so far brother.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Martel:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Martel:
    Hays:

It was kind of like this, only with a bowl. I like the tray better.
    http://www.collectorsquest.com/uploads/blog/Creative.jpg
    I love this idea. I suggest also searching yard sales and craigslist for old framed "Anglo-centric" portraits like this.

And a floor lamp would be cool if you could pick one up at a yard sale. (Even if you don't have the shed wired for electricity. You could tape a small flashlight under the shade.)