Home General Discussion

and a question about swag...

p.aulmartinp.aulmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
As mentioned in a previous post, I intend to go on a sort of bucket list vacation pretty soon. Up to this point I have no cigar travel case. I think it's about time to add a piece of swag like that to my 'kit.' I'm a sort of retro-traditionalist wanna be when it comes to stuff like this. I'm thinking about something leather that holds 3 or 4.. maybe up to 54g Churchill length, tho usually I'm more of a 50g Robusto guy. [just thinking this would allow for a mixture of sizes]
These sort of have a 'my grandfather's day' look/appeal to me, but on the other hand I don't want to overlook functionality questions/issues/concerns.

Thoughts?

Paul

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Maybe get a nice leather case for your pocket but when traveling go with a herfador. Solid, air tight, your sticks are extremely well protected. Transfer to the leather case before you hit the beach, dinner, club or whatever. There is a nice 5 count herfador that is inexpensive and a few deals where they come with cigars. I have 3 and I use the heck out of them almost daily.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jsnake:
    Maybe get a nice leather case for your pocket but when traveling go with a herfador. Solid, air tight, your sticks are extremely well protected. Transfer to the leather case before you hit the beach, dinner, club or whatever. There is a nice 5 count herfador that is inexpensive and a few deals where they come with cigars. I have 3 and I use the heck out of them almost daily.
    Exactly this. The leather case won't keep them humidified properly, but definitely looks better when you head out the door for the night. And if you want a touch of modern in your traditional leather case, Diesel makes one.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    A nice soft three finger leather case on here is the Wassergas Leather 3 finger. That might be up your ally
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Gonna +1 the reco on the herf-a-dor. The the 3 finger cases are nice for the golf course or anytime you're going to smoke soon after loading them up, the herf-a-dor is for the long haul. Same advice as a humi though...buy bigger than you think you'll need!