Home General Discussion

Beads

bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
I am thinking about buying bead for the first time and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the beads sold at cheaphumidors.com?  If so are they any good or should I just go straight to Heartfelt?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The ones from cheaphumidors work great for half the price. I picked up 2 pounds a few weeks ago and they're holding my humidity nicely.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    The ones from cheaphumidors work great for half the price. I picked up 2 pounds a few weeks ago and they're holding my humidity nicely.
    Yup. Same here two pounds and they work VERY well, at half the price, Museum Quality Beads.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    Yup. Same here two pounds and they work VERY well, at half the price, Museum Quality Beads.
    When I looked at the prices It looks like heartfelt has 1 lb for $31 vs. $28 from cheaphumidors. Less expensive, yes. Half the price, no. What am I missing?
    I must not have bought from Cheaphumidors, maybe premium humidors.
    Aha, bargain humidors. Link

Buy these if you want to pay half.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    j0z3r:
    Aha, bargain humidors. Link

Buy these if you want to pay half.
    Ah ha! that is what I was missing. Thanks
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    The question is - will the folks at these cheaper places take care of you as well as the folks at CCOM take care of us?? Dave, at Heartfelt Industries will most certainly take care of you as well.

Marty

I don't know Marty. I got my full order in a timely fashion, all was as it should be. So in my case, there was nothing to be taken care of, but I suppose it is a valid point to make.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jlmarta:
    The question is - will the folks at these cheaper places take care of you as well as the folks at CCOM take care of us?? Dave, at Heartfelt Industries will most certainly take care of you as well.

Marty

You have brought this up before.
    We have made our orders, I was dealing with a fellow named Nik. He was friendly, courteous and cut me a break on shipping which was $10 for 2 lbs. of beads at half the price of Heartfelt and they are Museum Quality beads.
    So yes they take care of customers GREAT.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    If anyone is still on the edge, I found this on Cigar Weekly forums:
    ConservaGel is our brand name for:

Salt treated, conditioned silica gel. They are engineered to maintain either 65% or 70% with a variance of +/- 2%. There are 14 companies worldwide that manufacture these crystals. We now use a slightly different supplier than other people due to the better supply, decreased cost, and very stringent manufacturing process.

You can find EXACTLY the same product listed as:
    Climmax Premier Media
    Heartfelt Beads

Thank god I found this thread, I was just about to order some Heartfelt beads.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I use UltraPet Ultra Pearls cat litter. They're exactly the same thing, but i only paid like $18 for 6lbs.

My humidor is at 70% +/- 2% Rh, and I haven't had to recharge them since I put them in there back in March-April. I'm very happy with them. Got them at Kroger.