Home Ratings & Reviews

Love the Gurkhas

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    you crafty son of a gun. Ok, then its gremlins... Gremlins account for the remainder of thread derailments that are not caused by you. :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Its the buffalo, damn evil buffalo.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    madurofan:
    Its the buffalo, damn evil buffalo.
    well, if the buffalo buffalo stop buffaloing buffalo buffalo, we wouldnt have a problem.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I think that goes without saying.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Wow those Gurkhas sure are a fine cigar..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    kas we're talking buffalo here, don't try and bring Gurkha into this and throw the discussion off track. :)
    kaspera79:
    He's tried to herd the buffalo.
    But these buffalo won't be buffaloed.
    I think if we buffalo the buffalo they would buffalo the buffalo herder!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Not of they're Buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo only tend to buffalo Buffalo buffalo, even when buffaloed by non-Buffalo buffalo.
    Geez, duty, do you always point out the incredibly obvious?
    What he said^^^
    dutyje:
    Not of they're Buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo only tend to buffalo Buffalo buffalo, even when buffaloed by non-Buffalo buffalo.
    Screw it, Buffalo, Buffalo Gurkha Buffalo.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Screw it, Buffalo, Buffalo Gurkha Buffalo.
    Try to speak in grammatically correct, complete English sentences, kas. ;)
  • LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    I have to say, I am newer to cigar smoking myself, and although I have tried quite a few brands in my short time smoking cigars, nothing quite beats a Gurkha for me. I am indeed a new Gurkha fan. There is just something about the smoothness of the smoke, no matter how strong the flavor is, that in my opinion, is the best cigar brand I have smoked so far. I'm not saying that there aren't better smokes out there, but I haven't tried one yet.
    LCar:
    I have to say, I am newer to cigar smoking myself, and although I have tried quite a few brands in my short time smoking cigars, nothing quite beats a Gurkha for me. I am indeed a new Gurkha fan. There is just something about the smoothness of the smoke, no matter how strong the flavor is, that in my opinion, is the best cigar brand I have smoked so far. I'm not saying that there aren't better smokes out there, but I haven't tried one yet.
    Keep searching.. Nothing wrong with Gurkhas I agree they are fine cigars, There are so many great cigars out there I know you will find many more that bring equally enjoyable experiences. I have been smoking cigars for over fifteen years and still I find new sticks that make me say WOW !
  • MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    I'm with the rest of you Gurkha fans. I had never smoked a Gurkha before I found cigar.com a few weeks ago. I figured I couldn't pass up the Grand Slam deal and picked one up. So far I've had the Reagent, which was a nice stick to add to the "every day" rotation, the Legend perfecto, which was amazing, and last night I finally had the courage to try a Titan. That was the first time I've ever spent 90 minutes with a single cigar and wished it would last longer. Wow! I'm glad I decided to throw down for the 5 titan deal the other day because those have just replaced the Ashton Aged Maduro as my favorite "luxury" stick.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I actually got into Gurkhas for the Royal salute. I ordered a few with some buddies of mine, all of who have already smoked theirs and mine has been resting for a "special occasion." I'm also a sucker for packaging, and when it comes to cigars, Gurkha takes the cake for pretty looking cigars. My favorite so far was the Legend Aniversario Perfecto. Something about that cigar that I really enjoyed. Some day I'll get around to smoking that Royal Salute, but until then, I have some more to plow through (just picked up the royal brigade, park ave and sherpa). So, in short, I'm with all you Gurkha fans, just don't be too narrow minded. There are plenty of other great cigars out there that you don't want to miss.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    i hear soooo many good things about the Gurkhas i cant wait to try one, none of the local shops where i live carry them so it will be awhile before i buy one evil bills ... but i hope im not hyping my self up too much!
    they are good, but just know right now that they are just cigars. many people dont even like them. I reccomend starting with the regent. i think its a good beginners gurkha. I think its one of the more universally liked gurkhas.
  • sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    i have five regents in my humi, waiting for the right time. i passed up the titans for the 10 $ cheeper pack of regents and i think i might regret it later... but mabye it'll be my favorite cigar, you never know...
    i like the regents.

... the nepalese warior isnt bad either. its the same blend but a cameroon wrapper.
  • sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    do you think kuzi... that the titan is better.... it def a better deal, 5 titans for 30... or 5 regents for 20... that extra 10 would off broke my bank
    well... i re buy regents every time i can but very rarely do i try and buy titans. If that helps at all.
    sackerma:
    do you think kuzi... that the titan is better.... it def a better deal, 5 titans for 30... or 5 regents for 20... that extra 10 would off broke my bank
    Hey sak go to the home page and check out the One Day Deal. It includes Titans today ... As well as Rocky Patel 1992, two of my favorites.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    DiasFlak:
    i hear soooo many good things about the Gurkhas i cant wait to try one, none of the local shops where i live carry them so it will be awhile before i buy one evil bills ... but i hope im not hyping my self up too much!
    You'll have found the Legend in your package by now... let us know what you think!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Gurkha makes one of my favorite cigars, the gran reserve churchill. The beauty is on the top of the list as well. As far as RP goes, I had one a while ago and liked it but can't remember what it was..
    phobicsquirrel:
    Gurkha makes one of my favorite cigars, the gran reserve churchill. The beauty is on the top of the list as well. As far as RP goes, I had one a while ago and liked it but can't remember what it was..
    Well 'ya better be prepared to smoke a whole lot of sticks to find it again .. Patel has more than a few great cigars in his line.. I'd suggest starting with the Vintage line 1990, 1992, and 1999, ( my favorite is 1992 ). But also try the Sun Grown , Edge, Fusion, Olde Worlde, Signature, R4, and I Press. To name a few.. Check for some Patel samplers you are bound to find something that you will like. That should confuse you enough to start.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well 'ya better be prepared to smoke a whole lot of sticks to find it again .. Patel has more than a few great cigars in his line.. I'd suggest starting with the Vintage line 1990, 1992, and 1999, ( my favorite is 1992 ). But also try the Sun Grown , Edge, Fusion, Olde Worlde, Signature, R4, and I Press. To name a few.. Check for some Patel samplers you are bound to find something that you will like. That should confuse you enough to start.
    lol, yeah that's not very much.... Yeah I wish I knew what it was, I've tried a few sticks and haven't found it yet. The guy who gave me the cigar didn't know what line it was from either. I wasn't complaining at the time though since it was free and I was smoking on the job in his living room. The guy even offered me some cognac; which was very hard to turn down as I was working. What about the 1992 makes it stand out for you, if you don't mind me asking?
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, yeah that's not very much.... Yeah I wish I knew what it was, I've tried a few sticks and haven't found it yet. The guy who gave me the cigar didn't know what line it was from either. I wasn't complaining at the time though since it was free and I was smoking on the job in his living room. The guy even offered me some cognac; which was very hard to turn down as I was working. What about the 1992 makes it stand out for you, if you don't mind me asking?
    I had been smoking cigars for many years and when I tried this one, it just made such an impression on me with it's almost full body and excuisite taste. The flavor to me, is exactly what I want in a cigar. This is the cigar I would smoke over any other every day. I always keep a sealed box out of fear that they will be discontinued. I have smoked so many of these ( hundreds ) and never been disappointed The Ecuadorian wrapper is my personal favorite which this cigar carries. In fact, it is probably the one that converted me to the stronger cigar lines on a regular basis. I enjoy the box pressed shape, the construction and draw always good, To me a great everyday cigar. ( Mr. Patel, if you are reading, you have a fan for life. )The short answer to your question flavor,flavor,flavor.