Home General Discussion

Crap...don't make my mistake

matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
By taking your favorite cigar torch lighter with you on a plane. Had to dump both my favorites!!!! Matches it is.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    matkn293:
    By taking your favorite cigar torch lighter with you on a plane. Had to dump both my favorites!!!! Matches it is.
    yeah, i had that tip from a couple people that the only way to bring torches on a plan is by burying it in your luggage and hoping no one goes through your stuff.

when i went to punta cana i was lucky and brought 3 of those cheapo torches in my luggage completely full and that got me through the week.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    matkn293:
    Damn sorry man, if you need a replacement cutter and lighter you just let me know and I can send you a few replacements. Not super high end but they are reliable and will work.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    sorry to here that at least they took it my dumb ass left it when I went fishing last week sucks
    Retircs1:
    sorry to here that at least they took it my dumb ass left it when I went fishing last week sucks
    My offer is also extended to you too Retircs1... I have a spare cutter and lighter I can ship you with a few followers if needed bro.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    matkn293:
    That really sucks. I'll definitely keep this in mind next time I fly!
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    90+ Irishman:
    matkn293:
    Damn sorry man, if you need a replacement cutter and lighter you just let me know and I can send you a few replacements. Not super high end but they are reliable and will work.
    I appreciate it guys. I have 2 more lighters at the house. Have not used them yet. Hopefully they are as good as the two I lost.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    matkn293:
    90+ Irishman:
    matkn293:
    I appreciate it guys. I have 2 more lighters at the house. Have not used them yet. Hopefully they are as good as the two I lost.
    what kind did you lose?
    Just had a Bugatti 2002 that I got from ccom in the first month of CoTM and a Alec Bradley triple flame soft torch I got for free at the B&M. I still have a Xikar single flame and a another I am anxious to try. I am all good here.
    matkn293:
    Just had a Bugatti 2002 that I got from ccom in the first month of CoTM and a Alec Bradley triple flame soft torch I got for free at the B&M. I still have a Xikar single flame and a another I am anxious to try. I am all good here.
    No worries Matkn, still sorry that happened though doesn't make it any less of a heartbreaker.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    I have a friend who forgot he had his favorite knife in his pocket when he went through airport security. He got stopped but the folks doing the search gave him a padded mailer and he was able to send his knife home. Nice folks are hard to come by but they are out there.
    at one point when I traveled a lot and working in the field I got a rather large knife through STL. They searched my bag and couldn't find it. I forgot I even had it. I drove to assignments a lot and just happened to forget it was in my bag. then going through security in a Little ole airport in Kearney Nebraska, they found it. The type of airport that the check in lady was the security lady. I usually have my 15ct herf a for and will just stick it in that and don't have much of an issue except security ripping my bag apart and going through my cigars. This time I decided to grab my 5ct and put it in my my carry on. Lighters were in there and immediately pulled my bag for search. I thought it was the herf. Can only imagine what a plastic box with sticks in it looks like. Why is it you can take a zippo but not a torch lighter? Fuel under pressure is the only thing I can think of.
  • JackusafJackusaf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I flew to Portland from Houston and ended mailing my lighter home! Hey all I'm a noob cigar guy! I bought my first humidor and realized I have no idea how to keep them! But I'm hoping to learn from the professionals!