Home General Discussion

Do you ever...?

SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
Some times I prefer to break one cigar into several smoking occasions. For example I may light one up on Friday afternoon and not finish it till Sunday or Monday evening- often splitting the smoke breaks into 2--4 settings. Just wondered if anyone else does this & what is the longest lapsed time between first and last smoke of said one cigar?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    no
    never
    ever

ever

i allocate enough time to finish it in one go.

a relit cigar never tastes the same unless it is re-lit a minute or less after it goes out.

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    no
    never
    ever

ever

i allocate enough time to finish it in one go.

a relit cigar never tastes the same unless it is re-lit a minute or less after it goes out.

Same here. I've had to come back to a cigar later due to interruptions once or twice, but I really don't like having to do that. It's just not the same.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Never, More than a half hour cold, and it is done. I will re-light if it goes out, but as soon as it gets that bitter taste when smoking, it becomes an unlit " Chomper" .
  • selapointeselapointe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    I dont enjoy re lighting the cigar.. for me it changes the taste, a little like ash. So if i stop smoking it half way or a quarter its done.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I do not like re-lit cigars. To me it just takes something away from it that you cannot get back. I actually get pissed if my cigar goes out and I have to re-light it in the same sitting.

That said I have a friend at work that I have gotten hooked on cigars. I gave him a little 4.5" Gurkha perfecto and somehow this fool manages to make it last 4 days. WTF?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I've relit a couple times, but I don't like to. if I have to, i cut off the lit end slightly back from the ash and come back to it later. never the same though
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    jsnake:
    I do not like re-lit cigars. To me it just takes something away from it that you cannot get back. I actually get pissed if my cigar goes out and I have to re-light it in the same sitting.

That said I have a friend at work that I have gotten hooked on cigars. I gave him a little 4.5" Gurkha perfecto and somehow this fool manages to make it last 4 days. WTF?
    hahaha.

I remember when I first got into cigars I didnt have a humi yet and I smoked a couple inched of a toro cut off the cherry and put in in the bag with a couple other cigars and the next day they all smelled and tasted like an old ashtray :( never again
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I've never re-lit... That's kinda like having sex and then getting just right up to climax... then stopping.

Right after all you can think about is the sex and how you wish you had more, and then whence you go back you just are kinda miffed at that you had to stop earlier... plus it smells a little in the room too
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    Lasabar:
    ... plus it smells a little in the room too
    Awesome. I don't like to come back to a cigar but have before if something pulls me away from it. Before I leave it I let it burn out give one puff outwards to clear smoke and then cut the cigar a little ways behind the ash. Seems to work decently. But still it's never the same.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I did it just once but never again! Tasted like week old ash tray.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I can't stand the taste of a cold relit cigar. I have tried a few times over the years for various reasons, but it never ends well.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Ya know, I've tried this a couple times. The best success I've had is when I've cut off the cherry all the way to the point of no more black tobacco on the foot - to where it looks like a freshly cut stick. Then I blow through the cigar gently a few times to push out old smoke. Works pretty solidly when I need to hold off on a stick for a few hours, but if I wait overnight it just gets nasty.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I've never realy done it.

A question for those who have; what do you use to cut the burnt portion off? I have a Palio cutter, but for the cigars I smoke (usually robustos, torpedos, and toros in that order) it won't fit around the body of the cigar.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    it has been my experience that a cold relit cigar tastes more like the ashtray than the cigar I was smoking. also, no offense meant, but I have noticed the people that relight cigars in this manor are quite content to smoke the cigars you find at the gas station next to the slim jim sausages. there is also a strange correlation between liking these kinds of cigars and bud light, more research is clearly needed.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    jihiggs:
    it has been my experience that a cold relit cigar tastes more like the ashtray than the cigar I was smoking. also, no offense meant, but I have noticed the people that relight cigars in this manor are quite content to smoke the cigars you find at the gas station next to the slim jim sausages. there is also a strange correlation between liking these kinds of cigars and bud light, more research is clearly needed.
    classy!
    I did the relight thing a few times back in my noob days
    never again,
    jihiggs:
    Hey, I drink Bud Light. I consider it the Macanudo of beers. ;-)
    And I am dumb because I just looked more closely at your avatar.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    4bob4:
    I don't like to come back to a cigar but have before if something pulls me away from it. Before I leave it I let it burn out give one puff outwards to clear smoke and then cut the cigar a little ways behind the ash. Seems to work decently. But still it's never the same.
    Thanks! I will try this little tip some time!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    One2gofst:
    And I am dumb because I just looked more closely at your avatar.
    LOL too funny!