Home General Discussion

Hey, Hays...

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
Yo, David. Just checking to see if you received that package I sent you? You should have gotten it by now since I sent it Priority Mail on 10/20.

On another subject, I treated myself to one of those Black Dragons yesterday for my birthday. It was the 2nd one I've tried and it's a pretty fair smoke. Not the best I've ever had, but good. It's a long smoke, too. I lit up this puppy at 12:49 pm yesterday and finally laid it down at 3:11 pm. About 2 hours and 22 minutes, if my math is right.

Anyway, my point is that, if and when you get the ones I sent, I recommend letting 'em rest in your humi for a few months to hopefully restore some equilibrium, moisture-wise. Even though it took a long time to smoke, both of the ones I've tried have been somewhat dry - to the point of developing a crack in the wrapper up near the head where it gets moistened by saliva and swells (I think) causing it to crack. Other than that, they had a good, even burn and lotsa smoke.

Of course, that dry condition seems to be part of their reputation at TC, doesn't it?

Please keep me posted on whether you receive the package. It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to cloud up and rain all over the Postal Service again.

Marty

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    EDIT: Should've checked the mail first. You've got good timing buddy... just came in today. Looking beautiful - ya gotta love these gorgeous tubos! Sure wish that box would've come through for me too, but I'm all good. Thanks for these two friend - I really appreciate it.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Great! I'm glad they got there. The gal in the post office was trying to stay just over the line from asking me if they were sticks of dynamite or a bomb, or whatever, but I caught the inference and stupidly said,"No, they're just a couple expensive cigars", not thinking that maybe her spouse might be a cigar lover. Had they disappeared, she'd have been the first person I'd look at. Yuk, Yuk.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Enjoy, my friend.

Marty