Home General Discussion

Done any international shipping recently?

HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
Hey guys, question for you...

Have any of you done any international shipping (cigars or otherwise) lately, namely to continental Europe? The cigar selection here is really short on non-CC stuff, but the CC stuff gets expensive (and buying 100% in a B&M makes it difficult to fill a humi)... but I was just looking up tentative shipping costs from the US to here and the cheapest I got for a 10oz package was almost $15; a 2lb box was like $45. Anybody have input on this? If these are actually the prices I´d be looking at then that idea basically goes out the window :-( .

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Hays, if you'd like to ship to me I'll foot the bill to get em out to you. #worldwidebotl
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Rain:
    Hays, if you'd like to ship to me I'll foot the bill to get em out to you. #worldwidebotl
    Hey bud, I appreciate that offer. I´ve benefited far too much from BOTL generosity to date, though, and I´m trying to put together something that might work on an ongoing basis.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I shipped some cigars to Wayne in Canada and it was way cheaper to ship in a big padded manilla envelope than it was to ship in a box. Around $8 I believe. Not sure if that would apply to Europe or not, although $15 for shipping seems fairly reasonable given that it's usually around $10 bucks for anywhere in the US.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    I know that I was researching a Europe only cigar(non Cuban) and to ship a box to me was 52 USD. Ouch!
    blutattoo:
    I shipped some cigars to Wayne in Canada and it was way cheaper to ship in a big padded manilla envelope than it was to ship in a box. Around $8 I believe. Not sure if that would apply to Europe or not, although $15 for shipping seems fairly reasonable given that it's usually around $10 bucks for anywhere in the US.
    Do I know you? From Sacramento... I'm from there, hung mostly at Perfecto in Roseville, but I know everybody from TRepublic to TRoad (and some of the blokes at Briar Patch). Anyway, I think shipping to Canada would probably be cheaper as it's overland, whereas to Europe....well..

In any case, I actually found a possible solution today thanks to Jamie here on Ccom (thanks again buddy - come visit and we'll smoke some of those cigars you asked about...as long as you don't hit on my Spanish wife!). Not sure yet whether I really want to foot the bill for an extra $15+ in shipping every time I want to order cigars, but my wife wants some stuff from the US too so I think it'll probably happen.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Hays:
    blutattoo:
    Do I know you? From Sacramento... I'm from there, hung mostly at Perfecto in Roseville, but I know everybody from TRepublic to TRoad (and some of the blokes at Briar Patch). Anyway, I think shipping to Canada would probably be cheaper as it's overland, whereas to Europe....well..

In any case, I actually found a possible solution today thanks to Jamie here on Ccom (thanks again buddy - come visit and we'll smoke some of those cigars you asked about...as long as you don't hit on my Spanish wife!). Not sure yet whether I really want to foot the bill for an extra $15+ in shipping every time I want to order cigars, but my wife wants some stuff from the US too so I think it'll probably happen.
    I like Perfecto a lot, but I don't get out that way much. I live close to downtown so it's pretty far from me. I do go to Tobacco Road and Briar Patch every couple months, but I generally do my B&M shopping at Tower even though they don't have a lounge. The owners are awesome and very reasonably priced.

What the heck took you from Sac to Seville?
    blutattoo:
    I like Perfecto a lot, but I don't get out that way much. I live close to downtown so it's pretty far from me. I do go to Tobacco Road and Briar Patch every couple months, but I generally do my B&M shopping at Tower even though they don't have a lounge. The owners are awesome and very reasonably priced.

What the heck took you from Sac to Seville?
    Sure, downtown to Perfecto is pretty far so I can understand that. I heard that Briar Patch opened up a new lounge in downtown though (and I'm pretty sure Joey's still in business at Fat Man's, eh?), but I know what you mean about Tower - John's a great guy, but I've only met his son a couple times. Anyway, travel is what brought me here - quit my job in Roseville, sold all my stuff and took a backpack and a one-way ticket to Germany. Had a plan for a full round-the-world trip, but after a few months I met a beautiful Spanish lady and, well, we just got married this past April! (Mind you, we've since traveled around the world together, haha) She'd be living in the States in a heartbeat if we could, but for now our business is here and it provides a good life for us, so the States will be in a few years - I miss the cigar culture there.