Home General Discussion

Black Friday Box Bedlam

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
Holy smokes, anyone check their e-mail? Trying to be frugal here and this comes, damn you for tempting me CCOM.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The freebies cool --- but those prices aren't much of a deal IMO (pretty sure they're about normal prices). can definitely get most of those brands for less $$ if you're patient and do a little searching.
    freebies not tempting enough for me, sorry ccom. Pass.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    The3Stogies:
    Holy smokes, anyone check their e-mail? Trying to be frugal here and this comes, damn you for tempting me CCOM.
    Do you even Black Friday bro?
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    jgibv:
    The freebies cool --- but those prices aren't much of a deal IMO (pretty sure they're about normal prices). can definitely get most of those brands for less $$ if you're patient and do a little searching.

Hate to say it but felt the same way. As I was looking through the list of boxes in the sale the prices just seemed either at or just below their normal prices. I think I remember before where they did something similar but the prices weren't listed properly so maybe that happened again because they just don;t seem like a Black Friday deal as it stands now.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Yeah. Seems like saving five bucks, if that, and getting some free cigars, most of which are just okay. Still another five count herfador, lighter, and an Armada are worth something. Would feel better if the boxes themselves were a bit more of a discount.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    These Black Friday deals are way weak compared to some of the stuff they did in the past. There was one year the did a forum Black Friday, dear god what amazing deals.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Jetmech_63:
    These Black Friday deals are way weak compared to some of the stuff they did in the past. There was one year the did a forum Black Friday, dear god what amazing deals.
    that would be cool.
    Just checked for the hell of it and both the Diesel Shorty and Wicked are the same price they normally are. They've got the high MSRP next to each one instead of the price they normally have them at. Definitely a disappointing BF Sale and the regular email deals throughout they year are much better.
    jimmyv723:
    Just checked for the hell of it and both the Diesel Shorty and Wicked are the same price they normally are. They've got the high MSRP next to each one instead of the price they normally have them at. Definitely a disappointing BF Sale and the regular email deals throughout they year are much better.
    So are the Oliva V Melanio. Same as usual.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    jimmyv723:
    jgibv:

Hate to say it but felt the same way. As I was looking through the list of boxes in the sale the prices just seemed either at or just below their normal prices. I think I remember before where they did something similar but the prices weren't listed properly so maybe that happened again because they just don;t seem like a Black Friday deal as it stands now.
    Yep same here
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    If it were the Melanio Torpedoes or Figurados for a similar price, I'd be all over it.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Not to add to the negativity but...that sampler isn't worth $200. :-(
    Echambers:
    Not to add to the negativity but...that sampler isn't worth $200. :-(

The Gurkha is worth that by itself

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Bigshizza:
    jimmyv723:
    jgibv:

Yep same here
    yup, and sister next door has stuff today that was same prices just seemed to be getting free shipping,
  • kingofallbackskingofallbacks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 93
    Hope no one buys the Ave Maria "deal"... $5 MORE than their normal price.
    Wow, that's crazy.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Damn, you guys are right, what was I thinking. I will not post before my coffee, promise.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Cyber Monday has a few good looking deals.
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    I've started to do most of my cigar shopping elsewhere. Better price year round without the unnecessary freebees I usually could care less about. Just wait until internet taxes kick in. Prices will go up even more. It seems to me that cigar.com and its sister site have not had really good deals in a very long time. The sprint sale site is pathetic. Was supposed to be something special. NOT! Folks here a very nice, but if I can save money, I'll shop elsewhere.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Always do the math...
    Just seems like stuff that is usually up on the Daily Deal at one point or another for about the same price. Was hoping to get some stuff and show some support to CCom between the BF and CM sales but there just isn't anything really that great this year. Something like a straight across 20% would have been a better option.
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Or have a 50% off a premium box every hour. Just wont know which box and it would only last 2 minutes each hour. But only on superb cigars. No bundle or dogrockets.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    jimmyv723:
    Just seems like stuff that is usually up on the Daily Deal at one point or another for about the same price. Was hoping to get some stuff and show some support to CCom between the BF and CM sales but there just isn't anything really that great this year. Something like a straight across 20% would have been a better option.
    +1
    jimmyv723:
    Yeah, and these don't get free shipping. There are a couple on there I like, but the prices don't seem great. Just okay. I would love some more Armada, but haven't tried the War Horse, and I won't pull the trigger at that price without trying one, first. I am out of Tat Havana VI, though I suspect I can find it cheaper if I dig around.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I'm sure that if there were to be something on there you like, but are hesitant, and you were to email Tim what you want and ask for a better deal, that you would get it. That's what I do. That's what I get. The only time he can't is if you are using paypal to pay. That has to be done from their website only. Not email or phone orders (which is what our email orders come out to be).
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Jetmech_63:
    Always do the math...

Right, and drink your coffee first, checked my account and paid much less for the Limitada's when I ordered them back in May. Couple of others as well