Home General Discussion

Air purifiers anyone use one?

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
Hey any of you guys use a Air purifiers so you can smoke inside? I'm guessing they don't work that well. thought id ask if anyone had any experience.

Comments

• First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    I use a exaust fan mounted in a double hung window.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    When I was an Army recruiter we all had one at our desks. They worked somewhat, look for one with a "5-pin ionizer" as a component of the system if you get one. I'd also put some kind of cool mist humidifier in the room, though not aimed right at you.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    There's a lot that can factor in to how well a purifier can work. Some like ozone, some don't. Depends on how ventilated the room is and if stale smoke just sits... also if theres carpet curtains, etc. I think overall an air purifier can help, but it isnt a one stop miracle smoke and odor remover. Ive considered getting one, but im sure nothing beats some kind of vent or fan to suck the smoke out before theres an odor.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Exhaust fan works great if practical for your smoking area. I was finishing my basement and building a bar so I put a $60 exhaust fan in behind the bar. I put the ashtray near the fan while smoking, and I can't smell the cigar odor at all (and the acid test, the wife has never complained)