Home General Discussion

milestone moment

twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
well tommorrow marks the day my youngest sons odometer hits 7,665 days or 183,960 hours or more commonly called his 21st birthday!!! so was figuring he would want to go out carousing with some of his buddies and do it up.when i approached him about his plans and ready to lay down some parental concern and guilt when he says"oh yeah iwas figuring you and i would go to that cigar bar you and mo like!!!" i almost cried...he figured it be cool if just he and i could grab some drinks and smokes together.i was very happily surprised.just yesterday he came home from work all singing and happy ,when the wife asked why he said "cause me and dad are going out thursday and doin it up!!"so what should his first real cigar be??and what should his first drink be??

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Something you enjoy, try not to over think it. Whatever you have will be special because you're together. Enjoy the night, my father passed when I was 19 and we never really had a chance to bond.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    That will be a special day. I would say a Padron. Always solid smoke and he can always remember it as his first and be a reliable go to down the road.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    I am sure he has never had a beverage before cough cough cough. Ask him what he likes. The stick him with a good cigar, maybe pull a special one to you out of the humi. I am sure the B&M will understand. Then get yourself One That will special to you one day down the road.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    twistedstem:
    "so what should his first real cigar be??and what should his first drink be??
    My son's first request for a cigar was a Torano 1916.
    Over the years he'd seen me have box after box of them and decided that since they were my favorite, he wanted one.

So what I'm saying is, if there is one cigar that is your favorite and he's seen you smoke it time and time again, that would be the one I'd go for.
    Same with the drink.

He is more likely to want to have what you are having to start with, I would think.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    0patience:
    twistedstem:
    Over the years he'd seen me have box after box of them and decided that since they were my favorite, he wanted one.

So what I'm saying is, if there is one cigar that is your favorite and he's seen you smoke it time and time again, that would be the one I'd go for.
    Same with the drink.

He is more likely to want to have what you are having to start with, I would think.
    ^^^^This.

Enjoy the moment, brother!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Puff_Dougie:
    0patience:
    twistedstem:

Same with the drink.

^^^^This.

^^^^^^This too..............
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    That's awesome and definitely agree to share a favorite of yours with him as his first smoke. Just don;t go for something too full in the strength department because don;t want him turning green his first time.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Well done Vance!! My son turns 21 in January and wants to spend it with me too. It's like... Wow, he really does like me! I like the idea of sharing your favorite with him.
  • Big'nBall'nBig'nBall'n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    That's awesome I remember the first time I had a drink with my old man nothing special but still a right of passage!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:
    0patience:
    twistedstem:

Same with the drink.

^^^^This.

Yep. ^^^^^^ Me too. Congrats Vance. Enjoy the evening.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Well done. Seriously incredible. Is it too early to start PMing you for tips? Mine's only about at the 300 day mark lol
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Go with a 4 horsemen shot and a fresh opus x..TOTALLY KIDDING he'll be high from the nic overload and one strong drink. Maybe a Caldwell eastern standard and a vodka martini....shaken not stirred. :)
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I suggest an old fashioned for the drink if you don't have a favorite he'd really want to try.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Bob Luken:
    bandyt09:
    Puff_Dougie:
    0patience:
    twistedstem:

Same with the drink.

^^^^This.

Yep. ^^^^^^ Me too. Congrats Vance. Enjoy the evening.
    ^^^^ totally agree with this Vance! Congrats my friend, you should be proud that you raised a son that loves you that much. I would totally cry as well! Hey if you drink natty light, coors, whatever, he will see it as you accepting him as a man. So give him what you like and he's seen you enjoy over the years!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    It sounds like he'd be happy with bread and water because he would be hanging out with you. Sage advice was already given. Congratulations and have fun!!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    well last night went great!!!son and i stepped out after dinner hit my favorite cigar bar,place was busy but not crowded.so we sat and ordered of course logan got carded.waitress wished him a happy birthday and told him first drink was on her!!so he wanted some thing light and sweet.went with a fuzzy navel.i bought 2 my fathers to start with ,hit up there walkin and let him pick another.he touched smelled asked alot of questions.he picked out a tabak especial.so we smoked and he drank(lol)was 2 fuzzynavels/a whiskey flight (kahlua,baileys and disarrano.)finished with a fat tire on tap.we talked laughed and at one point he started singing along with the music!!!was an excellent evening.thank you all for sharing it with me!!heres a couple pics i took with my crappy phone camera. his first real cigar! logans stogie photo 4ca48dbd-1a43-4f24-ad2f-b842310c454d_zps8a625612.jpg his empty flight photo Photo0007_zpsd32eab6e.jpg and his first beer (so he saiys) logans 1st beer photo b3f7a3a3-a1f4-450b-a1d7-3da27ff28c09_zps6163a5e5.jpg
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Looks like you two had a great night on the town. Congrats, Vance.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Vance, your'e a lucky man. i was 35 before I became good friends with my dad.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Sounds like a perfect night Vance. I hope you have many more
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Right on. Thats amazing.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Fantastic. Sounds like a great evening! Hope you enjoy many more.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Very cool bro!