Home General Discussion

Cigar.com Premium Grab Bag

roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
Just saw this under the clearence selection. 10 cigar variety for $20.
Anyone tried it?

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Looks like a great deal. I like the concept of blindly getting 10. Gives you a chance to try some sticks you wouldn't ordinarily try.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I'm skeptical. But I'm curious. If anybody gets one of these deals, please post pics.

I'm betting there are two Gurkhas,....... minimum.
    Ok I just purchased. Will report back in a few days with my loot.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Wife got me one as an add on to another gift. We got a vanilla Tatiana mixed in with the other cigars. I got a couple of different Torano's, a LaPerla, and some different Victor Sinclair.

Photobucket won't upload the pic. Grrr.

1 Torano Dominican 1 Torano Noventa 1 Hoyo Excalibur 1 Baccarat 1 La Aurora 1 Cusano 18 1 La Perla Habana 1 Victor S. Triple 1 Victor S. 555 Maddie 1 Tatiana Vanilla

But what you get will vary. Expect similar ranged cigars, I imagine.
    I told photobucket to rotate that image. Stupid interwebs.

Now it's showing the right way in my browser. What the. I blame stupid photobucket.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Martel:
    Wife got me one as an add on to another gift. We got a vanilla Tatiana mixed in with the other cigars. I got a couple of different Torano's, a LaPerla, and some different Victor Sinclair.

Photobucket won't upload the pic. Grrr.

1 Torano Dominican 1 Torano Noventa 1 Hoyo Excalibur 1 Baccarat 1 La Aurora 1 Cusano 18 1 La Perla Habana 1 Victor S. Triple 1 Victor S. 555 Maddie 1 Tatiana Vanilla

But what you get will vary. Expect similar ranged cigars, I imagine.
    Better than I expected. I may grab one of these if I buy anything else.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    MorganGeo:

Send me that new address. I have a Grab-Bag for you
    rsherman24:
    MorganGeo:

Send me that new address. I have a Grab-Bag for you
    im not down with playing grab ass. lol. Only with women in yoga pants.
    For 2 bucks a stick it's about what I expected. Fast shipping though!image
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    And the winner is Eric. Sorry Morgan, but I think Eric got the better grab bag.
    Tyland64:
    I know. That Ana cigar was so dry it just crumbled in my mouth. That one flavored vanilla cigar sucked bad. Learned my lesson!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    MorganGeo:
    Tyland64:
    I know. That Ana cigar was so dry it just crumbled in my mouth. That one flavored vanilla cigar sucked bad. Learned my lesson!
    You know your not supposed to smoke whats in the bag when its left burning on the porch right?

Aj
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    If they paid me $20....I MIGHT consider it.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    The HDM and the Padilla were probably the best one out of each bag and I know it's only $20 but still a pretty loose use of the word Premium. For me would honestly rather get a fiver of something I knew I liked or had gotten some strong recommendations here for slightly more than what you get with something like this.
    jimmyv723:
    The HDM and the Padilla were probably the best one out of each bag and I know it's only $20 but still a pretty loose use of the word Premium. For me would honestly rather get a fiver of something I knew I liked or had gotten some strong recommendations here for slightly more than what you get with something like this.
    I hope my wife learned her lesson. She likes flavored cigars but will stick to the CAO line after that Tatiana. I'm sure I'll smoke some of the others at some point, so they're probably worth a couple of bucks to me. But if I had a choice, this isn't how I'd spend $20.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    MorganGeo:
    For 2 bucks a stick it's about what I expected. Fast shipping though!image
    I'd msoke that VS55 and the Cusano. That reminds me. I've still got a Cusano Rare 59 in my locker somewhere...
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    its always nice to have some yard gars laying around the house!!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Martel:
    jimmyv723:
    I hope my wife learned her lesson. She likes flavored cigars but will stick to the CAO line after that Tatiana. I'm sure I'll smoke some of the others at some point, so they're probably worth a couple of bucks to me. But if I had a choice, this isn't how I'd spend $20.

It's just great that you, like so many others here, have a wife that shares the hobby with you. Something like this though is more for when you're looking to find what you like but I just think using the work Premium in the title overshoots what it actually is.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    MorganGeo:
    I like the concept of blindly getting 10. Gives you a chance to try some sticks you wouldn't ordinarily try.
    ^^^^ Takeaway line of this thread. :^)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    on a positive note... the more i think about it... 20 bucks for atleast handrolled cigars isnt bad. One could easily spend 20 bucks on machine mades! Its not a bad deal really, particularly if you have alot of moochers around. these are excellent give away sticks.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    on a positive note... the more i think about it... 20 bucks for atleast handrolled cigars isnt bad. One could easily spend 20 bucks on machine mades! Its not a bad deal really, particularly if you have alot of moochers around. these are excellent give away sticks.

Aj

Agreed on this. I came to update this thread because I did a short review on two of these sticks over in the ratings section. The La Perla Habana and the La Aurora both passed the test of being worthy enough to give away without causing embarrassment. They might even be good enough to smoke again, for myself. Certainly not overpriced at $2.