Home Non Cigar Related

Why I'm boycotting Ink Master

youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
Tonight they kicked the best artist in the house off the show because they found out he smoked some reefer while he was there.
The other artists only acted incensed because they knew Josh was the man and they could never beat him without making this a big deal (in order to get him kicked off the show for breach of contract.)

MY question is this: What, if any, advantage was gained by his pot smoking? How is this a performance enhancing drug?

AND while we're on the subject, why are we still fining pro athletes for this? I loved playing basketball against guys who smelled like weed in school because I knew I could outwork them if they we're blazed.

Thoughts? Or screaming into a cave. . .

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    The episode doesn't even air for another hour and half, where I'm at. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm positive that it didn't provide him with any kind of advantage. The producers probably had to remove him because it's a liability for them if he were to injure a client or botch a tattoo. It sucks, he is kind of a ***, but he is a talented artist.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    youngryan216:
    Tonight they kicked the best artist in the house off the show because they found out he smoked some reefer while he was there.
    The other artists only acted incensed because they knew Josh was the man and they could never beat him without making this a big deal (in order to get him kicked off the show for breach of contract.)

MY question is this: What, if any, advantage was gained by his pot smoking? How is this a performance enhancing drug?

AND while we're on the subject, why are we still fining pro athletes for this? I loved playing basketball against guys who smelled like weed in school because I knew I could outwork them if they we're blazed.

Thoughts? Or screaming into a cave. . .
    Depends on the strain and person wether theres an advantage. Sativas can definitely be an advantage...indica..not so much.
    Show has been rigged since season 2 anyhow.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    wahooschock:
    Reality show rigged? Say it ain't so!!!!!! :(
    Bob Luken:
    wahooschock:
    Reality show rigged? Say it ain't so!!!!!! :(
    Lol right. They said who the favorite was at the beginning. Then he sucked and should have been kicked off several times . They kicked off th e best one over nothin ..at least he got a show out of it. Then the ahole wins!! Screw that. Thats why I dont run a shop anymore. Inks become to clicky and trendy. Ill stick to my friends. All 2 of em lol.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    I've been on the Josh bandwagon since last season and he was clearly the best tattooer on the show this season. Artistically, there are better talents around, but I remember an episode when a judge said it looked like the tattoo was put on with a lazer it was so perfect (ornamental day I think). I was pretty awed by it.
    Even Aaron's tat from last night was cool, but the judges sent the best tattoo home. They even said it's the first time the best ink of the day had been eliminated.

The strain argument is odd because every type effects the individual differently. What might make you euphoric, might make Josh lethargic and vice versa. He could have been smoking reggie, could have been dank, shoot -- he might have been vaping shatter. None would be an advantage in my opinion.
    Also, we don't know he smoked before doing tats. I was under the impression it was a nightly stress reduction ritual. I'm pretty butthurt about this if you haven't already noticed. Think I might go to his shop and have him do a pot leaf on my buttcheek.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Dude...spoiler alert? Argh.
    youngryan216:
    I've been on the Josh bandwagon since last season and he was clearly the best tattooer on the show this season. Artistically, there are better talents around, but I remember an episode when a judge said it looked like the tattoo was put on with a lazer it was so perfect (ornamental day I think). I was pretty awed by it.
    Even Aaron's tat from last night was cool, but the judges sent the best tattoo home. They even said it's the first time the best ink of the day had been eliminated.

The strain argument is odd because every type effects the individual differently. What might make you euphoric, might make Josh lethargic and vice versa. He could have been smoking reggie, could have been dank, shoot -- he might have been vaping shatter. None would be an advantage in my opinion.
    Also, we don't know he smoked before doing tats. I was under the impression it was a nightly stress reduction ritual. I'm pretty butthurt about this if you haven't already noticed. Think I might go to his shop and have him do a pot leaf on my buttcheek.
    lol if you don't see an advantage you haven't experienced enough/the right buds yet. ya cant rust street crap anyway. they say its "this" but it aint got any of "this" in it. unless ya grow or n know a grower you don't know what ya have. anyhow lol. ink master is garbage. yay back on topic.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    They lost me with all the "drama" why cant they just have an strait up show? like the Rib cook off shows?
    Just watched last nights episode. I don't think the judges actually wanted to send him home. It sucks that he was eliminated for something that really provided him no advantage in the competition. It was his fault, though. He knew that it was against the rules of the competition and did it anyway. Maybe, he'll be back next season. He did have some of the best artwork of the competition.
    Big''nBall''n:
    They lost me with all the "drama" why cant they just have an strait up show? like the Rib cook off shows?
    +1
    youngryan216:
    Big''nBall''n:
    +1
    They have way to much contact with each other not to have drama. If you were locked in a house for weeks, with little outside contact, with an ongoing competition it would be hard not to have disagreements.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Never been too crazy about tattoos but if you put a gun to my head I'm thinkin' the DE undercrown logo is pretty cool.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Seeing how his "rival" has anxiety issues and he told the dude to man up and get control of himself it seems pretty shitty that the whole time he was medicating himself to manage his own anxiety. He is really talented, but violated the rules and had to go. In reality he will still reap almost all of the benefits of being on the show. Even the crappy artists can go home and charge exorbitant fees just by saying they were on that show. Mike or Clean Rock One will win since they are the only two good ones left.
    Bob Luken:
    Never been too crazy about tattoos but if you put a gun to my head I'm thinkin' the DE undercrown logo is pretty cool.

Agreed. MoW has always seemed like a great logo to me too.
    My question is, why not be more discrete about it?
    They make hash wax and vape pens that are basically odorless and could have been used on the sly. If he really wanted to medicate, he could have kept it to himself. I don't tell everyone when I'm about to take my anxiety pill. Why is it different for smoking your meds? Even diabetics excuse themselves to take their shots.

This is the same reason people get caught in murder cases; they can't just shut up about what they do. He should have just stfu about it and he would have won. I guess what I'm saying now is that he deserved to lose because he was stupid. Not because of the reefer.