Home General Discussion

cool

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
happy socks

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Hm? Must have got that nacho recipe quick lol.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    wahooschock:
    No. Happy Socks ... see
    photo 20141111_182703.jpg
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Those are cool. And happy socks. You win lol.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Daniel, I have a serious sock question for you...do you ever see happy (or joyous, or awesome) socks in sizes larger than "Sock Size 13". The reason I ask is because sock size 13 is fit only for foot sizes that wear shoes up to size 12. For those of us with size 13 (or bigger) feet, most socks are either not stretchy enough to really fit or they're so thin they wear out in a month. You may not feel my pain on this, but can you keep an eye out? Let me know if you find any store that carries larger socks. Most of the socks in big and tall departments are boring, ugly, plain, diabetic type single color dress socks or white athletic socks. Help a big guy out.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Martel:
    Daniel, I have a serious sock question for you...do you ever see happy (or joyous, or awesome) socks in sizes larger than "Sock Size 13". The reason I ask is because sock size 13 is fit only for foot sizes that wear shoes up to size 12. For those of us with size 13 (or bigger) feet, most socks are either not stretchy enough to really fit or they're so thin they wear out in a month. You may not feel my pain on this, but can you keep an eye out? Let me know if you find any store that carries larger socks. Most of the socks in big and tall departments are boring, ugly, plain, diabetic type single color dress socks or white athletic socks. Help a big guy out.
    Same shoe size here and same problem.
    Eulogy:
    Martel:
    Aw. I wish I would have seen this while I was still shopping. I never thought about larger size socks. I'll check tomorrow.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Eulogy:
    Martel:

I feel your pain guys. Getting even the "King Size" athletic socks that are supposed to be 13-15 are tight sometimes when you're a size 14. Just imagine Shaq and guys like that with size 22 or whatever the hell size he has lol.
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    Martel:

I feel your pain guys. Getting even the "King Size" athletic socks that are supposed to be 13-15 are tight sometimes when you're a size 14. Just imagine Shaq and guys like that with size 22 or whatever the hell size he has lol.
    Awwwww mannnn. Son of a ...
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    Martel:

I wear a size 14 in converse. It can be a pain in the ass to find good socks. Gold toe makes a nice larger sock, I have found.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Why are socks so damn tight at the top? I know the manufacturers want their socks to stay up but I'd rather have blood flow to my little piggies, thank you very much!
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    Martel:

I wear a size 14 in converse. It can be a pain in the ass to find good socks. Gold toe makes a nice larger sock, I have found.
    Size 13 here also, you know what women say about guys with big feet and big hands. They are clowns.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    danielzreyes:
    wahooschock:
    No. Happy Socks ... see
    photo 20141111_182703.jpg

These look familiar haha... Oh and just a heads up guys that the 10-13 in Happy Socks do fit if you wear a 14. Not sure how I know but just trust me lmao.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Reading this thread I realize we have a lot of big foots round here. Lol!
    matkn293:
    Reading this thread I realize we have a lot of big foots round here. Lol!
    oh, and a Californian who has some really happy feet!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    These are my people! You bigfooted ba5tards! I have to order shoes online. I wear 15's. Life is so easy for you fellas who can just waltz in to a shoe store and buy stuff off the rack.

I totally know how fat chicks feel when they see the twigs wearing their pencil skirts. . .the same way I feel at Foot Locker looking at a pair of 11's.

You know what they say about dudes with big feet?

big socks.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Martel:
    1+ on the Gold toe.They can be found in larger sizes. Cannot help for the "happy socks" but Railroad Sock, for the standard white/black. lifetime guarantee and they have socks that can be found up to a 15 (called King), which works for me.
    youngryan216:
    These are my people! You bigfooted ba5tards! I have to order shoes online. I wear 15's. Life is so easy for you fellas who can just waltz in to a shoe store and buy stuff off the rack.

I totally know how fat chicks feel when they see the twigs wearing their pencil skirts. . .the same way I feel at Foot Locker looking at a pair of 11's.

big socks.
    I had a store clerk ask me if I wanted a 12 and a half before. I can't imagine how he thought that would be helpful. Let me cut my toes off so I can buy a pair of shoes today.
    I am right on the cusp with a 13. That seems to be the cutoff to find a pair in the store although the selection is not as good as say an 11.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    Eulogy:
    youngryan216:

big socks.
    I had a store clerk ask me if I wanted a 12 and a half before. I can't imagine how he thought that would be helpful. Let me cut my toes off so I can buy a pair of shoes today.

Hahahaha they always ask though! Eastbay.com has been great for me because I tend to buy basketball kicks. Also, Ralphlauren.com has boots for big guys that look classy, ? unlike some of the trash I have seen around in "big and tall" sections.

What if I'm just tall and not big? Where's my store? "Tall and sensible about his diet".