Home Cigar 101

What is it? Where are they?

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
Obviously a Cigar.com photo and it has left me scratching my head. I have never seen them for sale. The photo shows 7 Golds and the text lists 8.

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I can't remember any 5V salomon, hmm...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    roland_7707:
    Call them up.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    roland_7707:
    Call them up.

I e-mailed them and I am waiting on an answer. I thought someone on the forum might have some insight/knowledge or the actual cigar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I know it was around in 2012 but a solamone is really hard to roll so I'm thinking they discontinued it due to cost and construction
    Well, it seems it was a surprise to a couple of other people. Anyway I got an answer and they found 10, which I bought. Should be interesting.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know it was around in 2012 but a solamone is really hard to roll so I'm thinking they discontinued it due to cost and construction

Thanks...it seems you are the only one who knew anything about them.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    jd50ae:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I know JD50 smokes the crap out of the Golds!
    FireRob:
    jd50ae:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I know JD50 smokes the crap out of the Golds!

And the only ones known to exist (things could change) will be in my possession tomorrow. image
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Congrats and hope you enjoy those!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    jd50ae:
    Well, it seems it was a surprise to a couple of other people. Anyway I got an answer and they found 10, which I bought. Should be interesting.
    So what did they tell you I'm wondering?
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

The 2 at CCom that got on it said they had never seen them before and went on a hunt, the results of which are here..

, so at this time and as far as I know this is all there is.
    very nice jd. glad the folks at ccom were able to "do some digging" and find these for you.

i hope you enjoy them.
    that looks like a monster of a cigar though!
    any idea what the RG // length is?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Cigar.com FTW!
    jgibv:
    very nice jd. glad the folks at ccom were able to "do some digging" and find these for you.

i hope you enjoy them.

7 inches long and (guess) 52-54 ring size.
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 94
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

The 2 at CCom that got on it said they had never seen them before and went on a hunt, the results of which are here..

Makes me wonder what else is sitting around that warehouse that no one remembers. Anyone want to form up an expedition?
    Bad Monkey:
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

Makes me wonder what else is sitting around that warehouse that no one remembers. Anyone want to form up an expedition?

I think that may have occurred to someone at CCom. But I am ready to go.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jd50ae:
    Bad Monkey:
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

I think that may have occurred to someone at CCom. But I am ready to go.
    I'm willing to volunteer my time. Less than an hour away from me and I wouldn't mind stopping at Sands on the way home. :)
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    jimmyv723:

Guess we better pack a lunch....or 2
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    imageimage

jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.
    bet you'd need a few extra cups of coffee to get through one of those in the morning. probably a 2-3 hour long smoke.
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.
    bet you'd need a few extra cups of coffee to get through one of those in the morning. probably a 2-3 hour long smoke.

Or a bottle of some good libation. Anyway I won't know for a couple of months. I am going to send one out in a bomb and horde the rest, though I do have to wonder how long they were unknown and aging.
  • krebsiekrebsie BlogAdministrator, Editor, Everyone, FileAdministrator, ForumsAdministrator, GalleryAdministrator, MembershipAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, ReaderAdministrator, ReaderUser, Registered Users, SystemAdministrator, Trusted Users Posts: 64 admin
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.

Or a bottle of some good libation. Anyway I won't know for a couple of months. I am going to send one out in a bomb and horde the rest, though I do have to wonder how long they were unknown and aging.

If I recall correctly, we got those in around September 2012 or so.
    The more I look at this shape, aside from the cap it looks very similar to the freedom blend. That was a 6.5 x 64 salamon
    krebsie:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.

If I recall correctly, we got those in around September 2012 or so.

Thank you for that information.
  • krebsiekrebsie BlogAdministrator, Editor, Everyone, FileAdministrator, ForumsAdministrator, GalleryAdministrator, MembershipAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, ReaderAdministrator, ReaderUser, Registered Users, SystemAdministrator, Trusted Users Posts: 64 admin
    Ken Light:
    The more I look at this shape, aside from the cap it looks very similar to the freedom blend. That was a 6.5 x 64 salamon

this 5 Vegas Gold is a 7.1" x 58 salomon
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

Wow. That's a monster.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Ken Light:
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

Wow. That's a monster.
    thats what she said