Home Non Cigar Related

The JD Luken Debate Thread

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Women shop. Takes all day. Men buy. Takes like five minutes.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    I agree. Unless it is fishing gear or electronics or tools I am in and out. The aforementioned items I compare and contrast and research.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    FireRob:
    jd50ae:
    Why isn't there a Men Only shopping day? Nationwide, maybe a holiday.
    I thought that was Christmas Eve? Some how I got all my shopping done before this (cause I had to work this day) but usually when I am out shopping on Christmas Eve it seems to usually be men

Because men do not like shopping when the stores are filled with women and kids they put it off as long as possible. The internet has done a lot for men and the need to have a couple of drinks before venturing out has been reduced dramatically, and I suppose the thoughts of mayhem have also been reduced.
    webmost:
    Women shop. Takes all day. Men buy. Takes like five minutes.

Have you ever noticed that a single woman can block an isle in both directions and the look on her face says no one is home?
    matkn293:
    I agree. Unless it is fishing gear or electronics or tools I am in and out. The aforementioned items I compare and contrast and research.

Bingo. Men go to purchase, usually after researching the item. Women have no idea what they are going to buy even if they say they do.
    Family of murdered Marine suing military over alleged cover-up
    Published December 29, 2014
    FoxNews.com

The family of murdered Marine Greg Buckley just wants answers.

Three days before he was scheduled to come home, in 2012, Lance Cpl. Buckley was killed in Afghanistan, in the one place he was supposed to be safe.

He wasn't killed in a firefight on a battlefield, or by a roadside bomb while on patrol. The 21-year-old was working out with fellow Marines at the base gym when an Afghan teenager walked in carrying an AK-47 -- and emptied the clip, killing Buckley and two others.

Buckley's family, stonewalled in their search for answers, has since resorted to filing a rare lawsuit against the Marine Corps and Department of Defense. They're not seeking a financial settlement -- they say all they want is information about how their son died in the insider attack.
    "He shot my son point blank with an AK-47. Shot him four times in his chest and once in his neck. He was in the gym with a pair of shorts and a tank top on," Buckley's father Gregory Buckley, Sr. told Fox News. "How is that allowed?"

The New York family's lawsuit accuses the department of hiding details surrounding Buckley's death. His father says supervisors ignored warnings and allowed an unsavory Afghan police chief named Sarwar Jan to live on the base.
    Jan allegedly was involved in selling drugs, uniforms and weapons to the Taliban and brought young so-called "tea boys" on post to serve as sex slaves.

It was one of those alleged "tea boys" who opened fire on the Marines that day in 2012. The shooter, 17 years old at the time, was convicted and sentenced to seven years.

But Buckley's lawyer says the Marine Corps has been blocking the family's efforts to get investigative and autopsy reports, which every Gold Star family is entitled to under federal law.
    "They, like any Gold Star families, are entitled to all relevant information and reports about the death of their son. They don't need to beg. They don't need to ask pretty please and they certainly shouldn't have to bring a lawsuit," attorney Michael Bowe told Fox News.
    He said an autopsy report exists and "obviously the Marine Corps has uniformed officers who could come and brief the Buckleys." But, he said, they "haven't done any of that."
    The Marine Corps told Fox News it could not comment on the matter, because of the pending case.

The 2012 case has raised widespread questions about the U.S. military's handling of the shooting, beyond their treatment of the Buckley family. Some of those questions surround whether the Marines also unfairly punished the whistleblower who, early on, issued a warning about Sarwar Jan.

Jason Brezler, in the summer of 2012, had responded to a request for information from his fellow Marines on Sarwar Jan. However, he sent the response -- with information about Sarwar Jan's checkered background -- from an unclassified, Yahoo account. Brezler was called before a board of inquiry for that error, though Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., and other supporters argued he was making a good-faith effort to warn his fellow Marines about what "proved to be mortal danger."

In late 2013, the board recommended that Brezler be honorably discharged from the Marines.
    The Buckley family attorney has since gone back to court to try and clear Brezler's name, and prevent the Marine Corps from proceeding against him.
    Brezler wasn't the only one with concerns about Sarwar Jan and conditions at the base.
    Buckley's father told Fox News that his son, before his death, sensed something was wrong at the base, in the Helmand province of Afghanistan.
    "He says we have a bad feeling that we are not going to be able to ever get home. I think these people here are going to turn on us. He says they're just not right," Buckley said.
    The family's lawsuit names the DOD, the Marine Corps, the Navy, the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service and former Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos as defendants.
    Buckley said: "I want them to admit that they were wrong. And I want someone to be held responsible for my son's death."
    Fox News' Rick Leventhal and Jonathan Wachtel contributed to this report.
    .......for all the free money?

Feds Gave $450,000 For Defunct Women's Cricket League In Afghanistan

By Sean Higgins, Washington Examiner

The State Department issued a $450,000 grant to support women's cricket in Afghanistan even as the Islamic nation was pulling its own support for the sport. It now apparently has no women's cricket league at all.

"It does not exist," Nasimullah Danish, the newly appointed chairman of Afghanistan's cricket board, told Reuters on Wednesday. He cited pressure from Islamic groups who object to women playing the sport. "The situation is not very much prepared for developing women's cricket in Afghanistan."

That raises a question of what will happen to the State Department's grant issued June 3 through the U.S. Embassy in Kabul. It is not clear whether any money was issued through it or, if there was, whether any of the funds can be recovered. The State Department's press office did not respond to a request for comment.

The federal government's official announcement solicited proposals "for the development, coordination and implementation of a regional sports leadership exchange for female cricket players from Afghanistan, Pakistan and India."

Of course them being so honest the money was returned.
    What is a regional sports leadership exchange?
    Mich. Gov. Approves Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients (I can hear the aclu already) By: Leah Barkoukis (TownHall)

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder signed a one-year pilot program into law on Friday that tests welfare recipients and applicants suspected of substance abuse.

Those suspected of using drugs will be tested using an “empirically validated substance abuse screening tool.” If the results come back positive, they’ll be referred to a treatment program and will have to continue submitting periodic drug tests. When those tests come back negative, their benefits can be restored. Those who refuse to comply will be suspended from receiving benefits for a six-month period.
    Warren criticizes Clinton record at union summit

By Bill McMorris
    Published January 08, 2015
    Washington Free Beacon

Insurgent progressive potential presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren took aim at the Clinton legacy(?) during a major labor summit on Wednesday.

The Massachusetts senator slammed the deregulation of Wall Street under former President Bill Clinton’s watch and dismissed his contention that the “era of big government” was over, according to video obtained by America Rising.

“Pretty much the whole Republican Party, and if we’re going to be honest too many Dems, have talked about the evils of Big Government and called for deregulation,” Warren told the AFL-CIO Summit on Raising Wages.

Clinton oversaw the repeal of the core of the Glass-Steagall Act, allowing financial institutions to operate as investment, insurance, and commercial banking operations. Warren blamed the withdrawal of such financial regulations for the 2008 market crash and economic recession.

“It all sounded good but what it was really about was tying the hands of regulators and turning loose big banks and giant international corporations to do whatever they wanted to do: turning them loose to rig the market and reduce competition; turning them loose to outsource more jobs; turning them loose to load up on more risks and then hide behind taxpayer guarantees; turning them loose to sell more mortgages and credit cards that cheated American families,” Warren said.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    jd50ae:
    Warren criticizes Clinton record at union summit

By Bill McMorris
    Published January 08, 2015
    Washington Free Beacon

Insurgent progressive potential presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren took aim at the Clinton legacy(?) during a major labor summit on Wednesday.

The Massachusetts senator slammed the deregulation of Wall Street under former President Bill Clinton’s watch and dismissed his contention that the “era of big government” was over, according to video obtained by America Rising.

“Pretty much the whole Republican Party, and if we’re going to be honest too many Dems, have talked about the evils of Big Government and called for deregulation,” Warren told the AFL-CIO Summit on Raising Wages.

Clinton oversaw the repeal of the core of the Glass-Steagall Act, allowing financial institutions to operate as investment, insurance, and commercial banking operations. Warren blamed the withdrawal of such financial regulations for the 2008 market crash and economic recession.

“It all sounded good but what it was really about was tying the hands of regulators and turning loose big banks and giant international corporations to do whatever they wanted to do: turning them loose to rig the market and reduce competition; turning them loose to outsource more jobs; turning them loose to load up on more risks and then hide behind taxpayer guarantees; turning them loose to sell more mortgages and credit cards that cheated American families,” Warren said.
    PARIS TERROR SIEGE ENDS

2 massacre suspects killed, hostage freed; gunman holding Paris kosher deli killed, at least 3 hostages dead

PARIS MASSACRE SUSPECTS are killed by police and their hostage is freed at a printing facility about 25 miles outside Paris, while Reuters reports fatalities in another standoff at the hands of two Islamic terrorists inside Paris kosher deli before the store's gunman was killed by police, as one of the store's freed hostages is photographed here clutching his son.,br>
    Anyone think the French will retaliate.

I do. And I think it will be massive and they will have friends with them in spite of obozo. IMHO.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    jd50ae:
    PARIS TERROR SIEGE ENDS

2 massacre suspects killed, hostage freed; gunman holding Paris kosher deli killed, at least 3 hostages dead

PARIS MASSACRE SUSPECTS are killed by police and their hostage is freed at a printing facility about 25 miles outside Paris, while Reuters reports fatalities in another standoff at the hands of two Islamic terrorists inside Paris kosher deli before the store's gunman was killed by police, as one of the store's freed hostages is photographed here clutching his son.,br>

I do. And I think it will be massive and they will have friends with them in spite of obozo. IMHO.
    Who do you think the French are going to retaliate against? This was an act of terror caused by members of a radicalized fraction of a religion. I'm sure the French people want justice for this attack, but its going to be hard to accomplish due to the style of the attack.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Eulogy:
    jd50ae:
    PARIS TERROR SIEGE ENDS

Who do you think the French are going to retaliate against? This was an act of terror caused by members of a radicalized fraction of a religion. I'm sure the French people want justice for this attack, but its going to be hard to accomplish due to the style of the attack.
    Besides retaliation, one thing the French, U.S. and others should do is disown and deport known enemy combatants. Revoke the passports, and the citizenship of those who are known to train with or wage war in association with our enemies. Don't they (News reports) keep telling us that the French were well aware that these two brothers were radical and had traveled abroad training and fighting alongside terrorists? If it is known that citizens travel to Yemen, (or wherever) and it is known that they train with terrorists and wage war as terrorists against our allies,...... Why should France, or any sane country, let these citizens come back?
    Bob Luken:
    Eulogy:
    jd50ae:
    PARIS TERROR SIEGE ENDS

Besides retaliation, one thing the French, U.S. and others should do is disown and deport known enemy combatants. Revoke the passports, and the citizenship of those who are known to train with or wage war in association with our enemies. Don't they (News reports) keep telling us that the French were well aware that these two brothers were radical and had traveled abroad training and fighting alongside terrorists? If it is known that citizens travel to Yemen, (or wherever) and it is known that they train with terrorists and wage war as terrorists against our allies,...... Why should France, or any sane country, let these citizens come back?

The French are not the only ones who have them on their radar (what ever that means). It seems all attacks in all countries has a report that soon follows reporting someone knew about them all along. And being the blood thirsty person I am I think all of the peace loving types should be followed and have their phones tapped, until they prove they are peace loving and stand up to the thugs in their midst.

As far as the French go I will bet that within 90 days they will strike, be it by air or the Foreign Legion, or their Secret Service types who have proven to be very effective in handing out RIP services.
    Strike...who? This might be an event that pulls their people together and makes them demand action. Maybe not. I was attached to the French in Afghanistan 2012. They lost so many soldiers that they were no longer permitted to conduct missions. The prime minister flew out, gave a withdraw date and they sat on the base until that date. Their population was the same as ours...years later, not so supportive of the mission.If this happened in America, I'm all for a new campaign...as long as it has a predetermined achievable goal. Who? What? Timeline? We're never going to win the War on Terror. Look at Iraq. We booted Sadam and the Republican Guard in no time. "Hearts and minds?" No thanks. Reminds me of the great line from The Interview."How many times are Americans going to make the same mistake?""As many times as it takes!"
    Rain:
    Strike...who?

ISIS? AL Qaeda? Militant training camps? The people that fund them? The people that hide them? Boko Haram?
    Updated, just missed your reply. Maybe they will, I'm not so sure myself.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Rain:
    I was attached to the French in Afghanistan 2012.
    This line reminded me on an article I read a little while back. Don't remember if it was ever shared here. I'm assuming they are talking about Randy throughout this article :)A FRENCH SOLDIER'S VIEW OF US SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN
    Hahaha, probably not ;) It was awesome to meet those guys and get some different views on stuff. They also have awesome hats.imageimage
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    I was attached to the French in Afghanistan 2012.
    This line reminded me on an article I read a little while back. Don't remember if it was ever shared here. I'm assuming they are talking about Randy throughout this article :)A FRENCH SOLDIER'S VIEW OF US SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN

Great read.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Rain:
    Strike...who? This might be an event that pulls their people together and makes them demand action. Maybe not. I was attached to the French in Afghanistan 2012. They lost so many soldiers that they were no longer permitted to conduct missions. The prime minister flew out, gave a withdraw date and they sat on the base until that date. Their population was the same as ours...years later, not so supportive of the mission.If this happened in America, I'm all for a new campaign...as long as it has a predetermined achievable goal. Who? What? Timeline? We're never going to win the War on Terror. Look at Iraq. We booted Sadam and the Republican Guard in no time. "Hearts and minds?" No thanks. Reminds me of the great line from The Interview."How many times are Americans going to make the same mistake?""As many times as it takes!"
    Excellent observations. If we never learn anything else, one thing is obvious: Congress does NOT understand the concept of war, and should leave the planning to the Generals. Patton style Generals, not the McClellands that rise to rank by politics. Kick their ass first, going in as nation-builders is what created ISIS.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Soooooo, how about them Broncos?
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rain:
    Excellent observations. If we never learn anything else, one thing is obvious: Congress does NOT understand the concept of war, and should leave the planning to the Generals. Patton style Generals, not the McClellands that rise to rank by politics. Kick their ass first, going in as nation-builders is what created ISIS.

I absolutely agree with both of you. I don't ever again want to see lives wasted because a civilian or PC General is running things for reasons other then to end it in such a way we don't have to go back.

Do the French have the same problem?

And from what I am reading, it is not something that is barely worth a glance on the morning news to most Frenchmen, they are pissed. I don't get the sense that they are as head buried in the sand as the people in this country, and will forget it with the next headline or new IPOD.
    What Not Even King George III Could Do

By: Joel Gehrke (National Review)

Remember those WWJD bracelets that were so popular in the ’90s? Well, an expert at the Law Library of Congress — a non-partisan branch of the Library of Congress that has advised Congress and the Supreme Court since 1832 — tackled a slightly different question: What would George III do when faced with a law he didn’t like?

Not even the King of England at the time of the American Revolution had the authority to suspend laws unilaterally, the Law Library expert wrote in a memorandum to the Senate committee tasked with responding to President Obama’s recent executive orders on the enforcement of immigration law.

One hundred years before the American Revolution, another British king had “attempted to suspend a number of laws,” contributing to the onset of the Glorious Revolution in England, a senior foreign-law specialist at the Law Library writes in the memo to the Senate Judiciary Committee. “King George III,” the specialist goes on to remind the committee, “was thus unable to enact or repeal any laws unilaterally without the involvement of Parliament.”

The memo, obtained by National Review Online, was written in response to a request by Senator Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), according to a top aide in his office. It does not address the question of whether Obama’s latest executive actions amount to a suspension of the laws, although Obama and other Democrats referred to such orders as a decision to “suspend” deportations. But it is a clear and incendiary jab at the president, just days before House and Senate Republicans are scheduled to attend a joint retreat in Pennsylvania to discuss their agenda for the 114th Congress.

And now obozo is taking credit for gas prices dropping. Does he have any honor or integrity at all?

And if he is so bent on appeasing the terrorists could he have not at least sent al not so sharp to the march in France? Heck, al not so sharp loves to march and he don't much care what for, as long as his picture gets taken.
    jd50ae:
    Does he have any honor or integrity at all?
    Seriously? RUFKM?

webmost:
    jd50ae:
    Does he have any honor or integrity at all?
    Seriously? RUFKM?

Every AH I know shows a glimmer once in awhile. I guess I am hoping for the impossible.
    A Petulant Child': Former Secret Service Agent Blasts Obama for Blaming Service For Skipping Paris March

By Patrick Howley, The Daily Caller

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino blasted President Obama’s decision to blame security concerns for his decision not to attend an anti-terrorism rally in Paris.

The White House blamed security concerns for Obama’s decision not to attend the “March Of Unity” in Paris after a deadly Islamic terrorist attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris. The Secret Service said that it was never asked to prepare for a presidential visit to Paris.

Bongino, who served in the Secret Service under presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama before galvanizing conservative voters with recent Maryland Senate and congressional runs, told The Daily Caller that Obama blamed the Service because he knew they couldn’t fight back against him in the press.

“He knows there’s nothing the Secret Service can say. They don’t want to hurt the relationship so as a matter of decorum they can’t say anything,” Bongino said. “I imagine what they’re really thinking is, ‘Is this guy serious?’ It’s not an easy job. After the fence-jumper, morale’s not great over there now, but he still says something that is so obviously not true.”

Have you noticed how many people are disavowing having ever been a liberal of late?
    Media Bias: Chris Cuomo Says CNN Will Help Shame Congress In Passing The Free College Plan --- That Costs $60 Billion By Randy Hall, News Busters

During Wednesday's edition of the Cable News Network's New Day morning program, co-host Chris Cuomo took the unusual step of vowing to help Arne Duncan, secretary of education in president Barack Obama's administration, to “go on a shame campaign with Congress to get them to act” on an issue dealing with education.

Cuomo made the remark during an exchange regarding the White House proposal to use the federal government to force taxpayers to cover the costs for two years of “free” community college.

He began the interview by stating:
    The pushback on that issue is that, one, we don’t know that college is even the right way to get into the job force anymore, and if you make it too easy for people to get into college, you wind up getting the wrong people go in who don’t want to work for it enough.

If all these other kids are struggling, and they don’t qualify, the wrong kids qualify. Those are the typical points of pushback.