Home Non Cigar Related

Dangit jlmarta...I failed!

Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
So on the Jack Daniels thread jlmarta said he couldn't tell the difference between Jack Daniels and Evan Williams. I thought 'the hell with that noise!' Well, I stand corrected. I had my wife pour a taste of each as I walked the dog around the block and I came back in and tried to tease them apart. I'd still swear I could detect a difference, but I picked Evan Williams as Jack Daniels.

HOWEVER. I don't accept defeat just yet. Who the hell drinks Jack straight by sipping at it like a snob? Not this guy? Not ever before. So in the future, I'm going to try the challenge again in a shot and on the rocks and see if I can't do better. If nothing else, it's a good reason to drink some whiskey. XD

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    You're a stand-up guy, Ken. You could have slanted the results in your favor but you didn't. I respect that. And if you prefer your bourbon with water or on the rocks, more power to ya. I think the comparison was to discern the taste, not to determine our preference in mixers or lack thereof. If you like bourbon and coke, then so be it. All I know or care about is this: if Jack and Evan taste alike and Jack costs twice as much as Evan, then the only reason to continue drinking Jack is a combination of pride and stubbornness. N'est ce pas? ??
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Ken Light:
    Who the hell drinks Jack straight by sipping at it like a snob?
    Uh... that would be my wife. She's a Jack straight up kinda girl. :^)
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    More power to her, I shouldn't have said "snob" but I did a little too much tasting before I posted! lol But my bigger point was that I don't, which could have led to me not recognizing it properly. All good research leads to more research, right? :D
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jlmarta:
    You're a stand-up guy, Ken. You could have slanted the results in your favor but you didn't. I respect that. And if you prefer your bourbon with water or on the rocks, more power to ya. I think the comparison was to discern the taste, not to determine our preference in mixers or lack thereof. If you like bourbon and coke, then so be it. All I know or care about is this: if Jack and Evan taste alike and Jack costs twice as much as Evan, then the only reason to continue drinking Jack is a combination of pride and stubbornness. N'est ce pas? ??
    I don't fudge results, I'm a scientist. At this point I'd say we're in the inconclusive stage, but definitely leaning towards agreeing with you that they're at least very difficult to tell apart.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Ken Light:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    More power to her, I shouldn't have said "snob" but I did a little too much tasting before I posted! lol But my bigger point was that I don't, which could have led to me not recognizing it properly. All good research leads to more research, right? :D
    Absolutley!