Home General Discussion

Speaking of SPRINT.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I have been making some real steals, which could not have come at a better time. Most of my cigar budget went to a new camera for me and my wife. And Cbid has been crazy, picking up stuff for $2.

But I have noticed over the months that some people are actually paying more then the listed regular prices, and are ignoring specials all together. And Ccom has some great specials as we all know.

When I am on either one I keep 2 screens up, the second one is "cigars" so I can check the regular prices and specials while watching the auctions. Anyone else do this?

But, some really evil person has been quicker on the draw when it comes to Cinco Vegas Gold Robustos and I haven't snagged a box yet.

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    When I used to troll the sprint I'd keep 3 tabs open; C.com, the sprint sale, and google or a competitors site.
  • variant2variant2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 351
    Not everyone can score great deals on the auction sites. There's an active auction on Cbid at the moment where the winner is going to pay box prices for each of the 9 single cigars.

9 Victor Sinclair cigars for $27.00 a pop.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    variant2:
    Not everyone can score great deals on the auction sites. There's an active auction on Cbid at the moment where the winner is going to pay box prices for each of the 9 single cigars.

9 Victor Sinclair cigars for $27.00 a pop.

Wow. There must be a lot of guys that don't know what they are doing on there lately. I see stuff go over retail way more than I ever have. But that is just a flat out eff up.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    It's up to 28.00 dollars now. They're going to spend almost $260 dollars for 9 of them when a box of 20 is $70 dollars.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I wonder if Cbid has many people who try and back out......must be difficult with a CC on file.

Only 2 bids starting out at $1....how does that happen? Can't be a mistake because of the allowable increments....can it?
    jd50ae:
    I wonder if Cbid has many people who try and back out......must be difficult with a CC on file.
    Can't back out of stupid since the bids are considered a binding contract.
    Eulogy:
    It's up to 28.00 dollars now. They're going to spend almost $260 dollars for 9 of them when a box of 20 is $70 dollars.
    It's still shows $27 for the high bidder. $28 to outbid him.

Either way, that's X-acto knife price range for a daily smoke.

• EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Must have looked at the price to win. Still, about 250 dollars to win an average at best cigar.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Evidently they think they're bidding on something other than singles.... ??

Or maybe he thinks he's gonna get 9 sticks for that $27....
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    jlmarta:
    Evidently they think they're bidding on something other than singles.... ??

Or maybe he thinks he's gonna get 9 sticks for that $27....

Yeah, this is what I was thinking but even at $27 your only saving .50 a stick
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    CBID doesn't even hold to their own contract as they cancel items at will sometimes when I've bid on them....for no good reason they will cancel it with no explanation to me...If I make a mistake...which has only happened twice I called them and once they tried to tell me they wouldn't cancel the auction....so I cancelled my card before the auction ended and told them to smoke my cigar. Haven't used them since as they are hypocrites.