Home General Discussion

Ageing

christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
Any cigar you have aged a year or more and thought it improved dramatically! Thinking long term and what brands are vastly improved over time.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    IMO all will improve unless you age turds and flavored stuff. Personally I love aged padrons
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro. Great cigar to put to rest a bit below 70% rH. I like them around 66-67% rH because the wrappers are notorious for being tough to keep lit.

6 months minimum resting time and you will have no problems at a constant 67% humidity. Haven't had a bundle make it a year yet, but it's a solid smoke that mellows and becomes considerably more enjoyable with time imho. And you can catch them for $2 a stick during certain sales.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Diesel UHC. 2-3 years and they're amazing.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    For me, I have had success with the My Father line, in fact, I typically don't smoke them until the 18 month mark, the old DPG Black Cuban Classic, the Old La Gloria Cubana Serie R and the Fuente rolled Ashton La Aroma de Cuba. Also, the DPG rolled 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle did quite well. I think the Cain F Lancero will do well so I am laying a box done for 2 years, at least. On the flip side, nothing in the Tatuaje line has benefitted from age just became very muted.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    OpusX needs a year to be worth the price tag.

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Des Dieux after 5 years is outstanding.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Everyday...without the E
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Ken Light:

Agreed. I buy Diesel UHC and HOTD and bury them as long as I can. Terrible off the truck in my opinion, but awesome with a year or three on them.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:

Agreed. I buy Diesel UHC and HOTD and bury them as long as I can. Terrible off the truck in my opinion, but awesome with a year or three on them.
    Everything diesel is better with age.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    ddubridge:
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:

Everything diesel is better with age.

Yes. I'd pick a diesel with 2 years over many if not most of the more expensive smokes I've had.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Retircs1:
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
    If you dont think about aging cigars, it'll happen, eventually. And the Boveda packs can be placed anywhere in your humidor. It's ok if they touch the cigars. The 69 will give off moisture/humidity if your humidor is below 69%RH and it will absorb humidity if your humidor is above 69%RH. They are easy and effective. Depending on the size of your humidor, you may need more than one.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
    jliu:
    Bad Mr June bug.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    Bad Mr June bug.
    a taythegibs with no age ;)
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Probably the most improved is the Vegas Cask in my lot. All get better but the Cask really improved with a year and after the 2 year mark even better. Seem to burn better too, less running. MOW Armada's age well too.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Retircs1:
    Yeah 2-3 years is really where aging starts, man. It seemed madness to me at first too, but it's true and it's worth it. A few months is really what we call "rest." It can stave off small issues from wonky RH's and temps in transit and get them the to the levels you prefer for smoking, but little else.
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    Bad Mr June bug.
    a taythegibs with no age ;)
    Uh.....what?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Diesel UHC
    Just about anything AF
    Camacho Corojo LTD.
    Casa Magna Colorado
    Padron Anniversaries

These are just some of the ones I've had recently. Too many too list. I'm at the point now where everything in my Humi. has some age on it
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Padron 4000, had two years on it when I smoked it. Tasted like a $30 cigar. I will always remember that smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Ken Light:
    Retircs1:
    Yeah 2-3 years is really where aging starts, man. It seemed madness to me at first too, but it's true and it's worth it. A few months is really what we call "rest." It can stave off small issues from wonky RH's and temps in transit and get them the to the levels you prefer for smoking, but little else.
    i have a box of cigars that i bought to age five years before i even smoke one. im about two years in.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    jliu:
    A well meaning fellow sent me a Victor Sinclair here not too long ago. PM me your addy and I'll send it to you to age 90 years before sparking.

You're welcome.

I'll even throw in a Vigilante.

Let me know how it works out.