Home Non Cigar Related

Gas is $2.90 a gallon....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
.....and got my first full tank in a very long time.

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Blame Obama for your lower gas prices. Under his watch and continued awarding of cheap leases for shale oil extraction on federal lands with almost no regulation of producers, in spite of his threats to increase regulation following the BP oil well disaster--the U.S. has become the second largest producer of oil in the world, and is projected to become the world's largest oil producer in 2015. Again, thanks to Obama's "hands-off" attitude toward shale producers, the U.S. has been the world's largest producer of natural gas since 2010.

Obama has also broken our dependence on foreign oil. In 2013, imported oil accounted for 33% of all oil consumed in the U.S., compared to an average of around 57% over the course of the Bush administration. U.S. foreign oil imports are at their lowest since 1985.

And the U.S. now exports close to 3.7 millions gallons of petroleum-based fuel products per day, most of it produced in the Gulf Coast, which was NOT closed down by the Obama administration after the BP spill, and most of these exports are sold to Canada.

Yet, in spite of Obama's huge success in spurring energy production, prices are higher in parts of the country because of transportation costs. Prices are higher in the Northeast in particular because there isn't infrastructure to get this energy cheaply here.

Of course, not everyone is happy about this. Evironmentalists and green energy advocates are livid about Obama's hands-off attitude toward oil company activity, particularly his granting of cheap leases on federal lands and his failure to monitor environmental damage caused by fracking.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    im loving this! its a super super nice change of pace!

This has even trickled down to the aftermarket community and has reduced the price of racing fuel! Ive already bought 5 barrels. I think on average I might consume more gasoline then some small towns. I cant wait until alcohol takes off! talk about power production!

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    dr_frankenstein56:
    im loving this! its a super super nice change of pace!

This has even trickled down to the aftermarket community and has reduced the price of racing fuel! Ive already bought 5 barrels. I think on average I might consume more gasoline then some small towns. I cant wait until alcohol takes off! talk about power production!

Aj

Yup....the typical end of summer driving and lower gas prices. Everything will come down because of it, hopefully....hope the effect hits the grocery stores soon, never seen such outrageous prices.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    The Costco near me has it for $2.78 a gallon!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Last week, I used a $.50 per gallon discount at Kroger and paid under $2.50.

Last night I used a $.03 per gal. discount and paid $2.92. It's been about the same price down here at the far end of a Gulf state for the last several months.

Our groceries are still high.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Mid-east in turmoil again and gas prices dropping, what the frack is going on here. Time will tell, oil prices are easily manipulated.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    raisindot:
    Blame Obama for your lower gas prices. Under his watch and continued awarding of cheap leases for shale oil extraction on federal lands with almost no regulation of producers, in spite of his threats to increase regulation following the BP oil well disaster--the U.S. has become the second largest producer of oil in the world, and is projected to become the world's largest oil producer in 2015. Again, thanks to Obama's "hands-off" attitude toward shale producers, the U.S. ...particularly his granting of cheap leases on federal lands and his failure to monitor environmental damage caused by fracking.
    Dang him! How sneaky! How are we supposed to keep blaming every single thing we aren't satisfied with in our lives on him when he pulls stunts like this? Grrr....
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    Blame Obama for your lower gas prices. Under his watch and continued awarding of cheap leases for shale oil extraction on federal lands with almost no regulation of producers, in spite of his threats to increase regulation following the BP oil well disaster--the U.S. has become the second largest producer of oil in the world, and is projected to become the world's largest oil producer in 2015. Again, thanks to Obama's "hands-off" attitude toward shale producers, the U.S. ...particularly his granting of cheap leases on federal lands and his failure to monitor environmental damage caused by fracking.
    Dang him! How sneaky! How are we supposed to keep blaming every single thing we aren't satisfied with in our lives on him when he pulls stunts like this? Grrr....

I know! It's bad enough that the conservatives hate him just for existing, and now all the tree huggers and greeniies and solar/wind junkies and extreme left loonies are hating on him tor giving free reign to the oil producers. He's hasn't even reduced their corporate welfare spigot!

And he ain't done nothin' for us looney liberal northeasterns who rigged all the elections to get him a second term. Gas prices here in MA are still much, much higher than what you guys are quoting and our electricity and natural gas prices are about to go through the rough, supposedly because there's a shortage of natural gas up here.

Man, If only Obama had clamped down on Big Oil after the BP Gulf Disaster, so ISIS and other mideast events could've driven up gas prices to $10 a gallon. What a wasted opportunity! :)