Home General Discussion

Employment

benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
Let's try this again. Hey Guys, I'm new here and thoroughly enjoying getting to know you all. I think a post on what you all do for a living would be fun. I'll start. I work at a local business computer company. We build/sell and service computers and servers. We also do web and email hosting. I have been at NKOL for 14 years.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471

CLICK

sounds like you enjoy and take pride in your job. you must... i mean 14 years is a good amount of time.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Don't get discouraged Ben hanks... we just like to twist tails.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Damn... I dont think I know half of those people on the other thread? what happened to them?

Aj
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I work for Apple out of my house hence why I can be posting on here most days during the day. Today actually marks two years that I've been with Apple. I am a technical supervisor for 5 different ques, sh1t rolls downhill and I'm at the bottom of the hill. So if your a nasty person or have a nasty technical issue it gets sent to me.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    90+ Irishman:
    I work for Apple out of my house hence why I can be posting on here most days during the day. Today actually marks two years that I've been with Apple. I am a technical supervisor for 5 different ques, sh1t rolls downhill and I'm at the bottom of the hill. So if your a nasty person or have a nasty technical issue it gets sent to me.

You must be a busy person right now with the iPhone 6.
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:

You must be a busy person right now with the iPhone 6.
    Between the iPhone 6, 6+ and iOS 8 release its been nuts. Putting in so much OT and now I'm out of it for two weeks while I train new advisors. It's been crazy busy to say the least.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Rain:
    I'm a janitor

Good thing its not hot Chile day

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am a ninja. Just part time and usually at night. Pretty sure I work with other ninjas but IDK because I never see them.
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    I'm the Southern Ca Allison Transmission Distributor Trainer. Title sounds fancier than it actually is. Basically I teach people how to service, repair and overhaul Allison transmissions. Getting ready to start a class tomorrow on hybrid battery overhaul. Woo Hoo! Gotta love voltage!
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    jsnake:
    I am a ninja. Just part time and usually at night. Pretty sure I work with other ninjas but IDK because I never see them.
    I wish I was a ninja....

jbohon:
    I'm the Southern Ca Allison Transmission Distributor Trainer. Title sounds fancier than it actually is. Basically I teach people how to service, repair and overhaul Allison transmissions. Getting ready to start a class tomorrow on hybrid battery overhaul. Woo Hoo! Gotta love voltage!
    Allison transmissions = Winning. Love their stuff.
  • BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    IT Manager for a local hospital.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Forecast and Staffing Analyst for Charter Communications. I've been with the company for going on 10 years.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Retired assassin and miss-shaped Cheetos's collector.
  • benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
    jd50ae:
    I'm going to need to see some proof!
    90+ Irishman:
    I have a friend who worked at one of our local parts vendors that drank the koolaid and went to work for the Devil...I mean Apple. He likes it. Personally, I love their phones but can't stand their computers. Do you enjoy it?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Part time professional California Lotto participant (level 6), and used to be a seasonal street pharmacist in the Tri-State area.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    benhanks:
    jd50ae:
    I'm going to need to see some proof!

Gonna be kind of difficult to do that. I mean it would be kind of hard to dig up.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Tumble weed inspector for the city and I collect jars of expired honey.
    benhanks:
    90+ Irishman:
    I have a friend who worked at one of our local parts vendors that drank the koolaid and went to work for the Devil...I mean Apple. He likes it. Personally, I love their phones but can't stand their computers. Do you enjoy it?
    I love working for the company, not so much my current role but I took this promotion a year and a half ago knowing I would hate it but it let my wife stay home permenantly with our son to be a house mommie which is what she wanted the most, so I took the promotion. Sooner rather than later I will be switching roles and doing something I really enjoy again. That being said the company really realllllly takes care of their employees and their families. I could list a half dozen examples for me personally but I don't want to rant. Actually today specifically marks 2 years I've been with Apple.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    A few IT guys around here. I'm a VDI admin and IT Technician in Indianapolis.
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Ok, so maybe I bent the truth a little. I am a railroad conductor. Basically I get paid well for being treated like sh t. Army Veteran and former Police Officer. Viaje Whore extraordinaire.
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Damn... I dont think I know half of those people on the other thread? what happened to them?

Aj
    yeah..... old thread
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    yeah..... old thread
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
    That is awesome (not the probably not for long part)! I need a frame for my project car. When I get my money saved up I'll give you a call :)
    90+ Irishman:
    benhanks:
    90+ Irishman:
    I love working for the company, not so much my current role but I took this promotion a year and a half ago knowing I would hate it but it let my wife stay home permenantly with our son to be a house mommie which is what she wanted the most, so I took the promotion. Sooner rather than later I will be switching roles and doing something I really enjoy again. That being said the company really realllllly takes care of their employees and their families. I could list a half dozen examples for me personally but I don't want to rant. Actually today specifically marks 2 years I've been with Apple.
    That's really cool. It is my prayer that people love NKOL as much as that!
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Senior project manager for a local/ national electrical contractor. I handle large commercial and industrial house accounts such as AB, Mallinckrodt, Wells Fargo, amongst about 4 other good size ones. Keeps me on my toes.
  • mb92755mb92755 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    Metallurgical Tech for a large metal maker. Titanium is one of the more mundane metals we make. Some others aren't known to the general public but are in rockets, MRI's and aircraft. I mainly do boring paperwork now but I've done some fun R&D.
    Mike