Home General Discussion

How fast or slow do you smoke??

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
The other week it really dawned on me I smoke slow as sh!t...it took me 3 hours too smoke a diplomatico and still had about 2 inch left till the lounge closed. My buddy looked at me and said wtf your too slow! So it occurred some smoke fast slow and medium what are you??

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I think I started out fast from smoking cigs, but it takes me about an hour and a half to do a robusto
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Rain:
    I think I started out fast from smoking cigs, but it takes me about an hour and a half to do a robusto
    and you win!!!!!!! Send me your addy please
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    It takes me about an hour and a half to smoke a gordo. I'm not sure if that fast or slow.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    I have it if he won't give it up lightly...bus runneth over!
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Generally i smoke kind of slow but with few relights which I dislike.. I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.
    Dis sum boo sheet.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    First Warrior:
    Generally i smoke kind of slow but with few relights which I dislike.. I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.

+1

I smoke cigars a lot slower then say 8 months ago. They are aged and I am enjoying them more.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    I have herd it said by BOTL every 45 sec hit the dam thing lol
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    Also, just in case something happens...I have it also
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    I can't put it down..bout ever 30 sec or so between a slug of beer.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Not fast. Not slow. Not real slow nor real fast....
    Kind of...ummm...flow....
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    really people really please don't do it!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    OK people really please do it!!
    fixed it for ya Lee.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    First Warrior:
    I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.
    Eggs Ackley... which usually turns out an hour and a half on up for a robusto.
    curtpick:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    fixed it for ya Lee.
    i see how it is! I'd i get one scrap your done!
  • UnicornUnicorn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    An hour and a half for that Oliva Melanio I smoked on the Vherf. I have no idea if that's fast or slow but a Roman told me I'm a wet smoker.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    curtpick:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    fixed it for ya Lee.
    I'd smoke a cigar but if I did I would only have a couple left.
    Hmmm.. really . So your almost out of sticks ? All you guys and gals need to hit up Lee. Poor fella.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the avo LE14 (a 6 x 52 belicoso) took me 2 hours 35 minutes to smoke.
    601 la bomba Robusto took 2 hours to smoke
    Room 101 Master Collection Two Papi Chulo (4x42) took 1 hour 40 min to smoke.
    Ramón Bueso Odyssey Toro (6×50) took just a hair under 2 hours.

i guess i smoke slow.

what i have noticed is that it is very consistent. all 6 x 52s seem to take the same time.

that is unless something is wrong with them.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Unicorn:
    An hour and a half for that Oliva Melanio I smoked on the Vherf. I have no idea if that's fast or slow but a Roman told me I'm a wet smoker.

1st, though I've been enjoying cigars for a few years now I still think of myself as a total noob, especially against the wealth of knowledge here on ccom.
    With that said what is a "wet" smoker ???
    Someone that gets the end of the cigar moist with saliva while drawing ? if so I do that too
    As far as smoking speed, depends on my mood and the cigar, I've noticed that when I'm in a better then normal mood, I tend to smoke the cigar to fast while probably drinking to much as well, if in a somber mood, I tend to smoke a little to slow, also I have a hard time smoking slower if the cigar is just to d@mn good even though I know it can burn the flavor, everything being normal an average Robusto will last right about 1.5 hours give or take
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    20-30 minutes per inch.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    I smoke slow and enjoy every draw but there is a way to smoke slow and yet not have it go out on you which is the common complaint for smoking slow. 2 small draws and then one long slow draw will keep your cigar burning w/o a relight unless of course your cigar is over humidified.
    honorknight7:
    Unicorn:

1st, though I've been enjoying cigars for a few years now I still think of myself as a total noob, especially against the wealth of knowledge here on ccom.
    Someone that gets the end of the cigar moist with saliva while drawing ? if so I do that too
    Yes, I put too much of it in my mouth I think. Thus, the saliva.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Unicorn:
    honorknight7:
    Unicorn:

Yes, I get put too much of it in my mouth I think. Thus, the saliva.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I....I can't even....um, what just happened in here!?
    I never say anything without a very good reason. :)
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Unicorn:
    I will translate Jamie speak... Jamie was trying to say that in such a way that's truthful while at the same time making all male members stop and go.... "Ummm did she really just say that and leave that visual?!"
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Cool thread Lee, and I'm a pretty slow smoker myself anymore. I base my smoking speed off each cigars ash... Meaning I know if I am smoking too slow or too fast by ashing the cigar and looking at the coal of the cigar. If it ashes and looks like a dome I am smoking too fast since all te tobacco is not burning at the same pace, the outside is burning faster hence the cone. If I am smoking to slow it'll look like a bowl, meaning the inside is burning faster than the outside. So I try to smoke so that the ash falls flat and all tobacco is being burned at the same pace so that I can taste the blend exactly as the blender intended to have it taste as you smoke it.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    About an hour and a half for a robusto. While consuming 2-3 fingers of bourbon. Fingers are evenly spaced.
    90+ Irishman:
    Unicorn:
    I will translate Jamie speak... Jamie was trying to say that in such a way that's truthful while at the same time making all male members stop and go.... "Ummm did she really just say that and leave that visual?!"
    You, sir, are very astute.
    Unicorn:
    90+ Irishman:
    Unicorn:
    You, sir, are very astute.
    They're people just trying to make a living!Oh, thought you said prostitute...carry on.