Home General Discussion

Local Cigar Events

HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
Hey guys - since a lot of us end up talking about a variety of events that go on around us, I figured it might be appropriate to set up a new dedicated thread where we can discuss these. (If Ccom disagrees with this idea, I don't mean to offend and please delete this.) I'd say rules are that we minimize naming B&Ms on the open forum, and instead just detail the general area of the event. For example:

There is a Graycliff event going on this coming Saturday the 24th at a well known shop in Marin County, CA. I'd like to go, but I'm a little on the fence - if any forum members from that area will be attending, however, I'd be more inclined to go for the chance to meet you.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I just found out that I'm only working till 3pm this Thursday and I just checked the website of my Local cigar shop and CHARLIE TORANO is gonna be there!!! OOOOH BABY!!!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    I just found out that I'm only working till 3pm this Thursday and I just checked the website of my Local cigar shop and CHARLIE TORANO is gonna be there!!! OOOOH BABY!!!
    Man, I'm jealous! Love their cigars.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Went to a CAO event tonight ...had a blast...it was held at a pub with a nice smoking area downstairs with a bar of its own. Got a CAO Gold and the new CAO La T which I smoked both these at the event . Both were good and had my share of adult beverages. Started out with Makers Mark and then switched to Fat Tire . Won a five pack of the CAO Crillo so that was cool. Also some very good food. I am now full, somewhat drunken and smoked up (cigars!) and the humi's a little fuller ...goodnite all !!!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Man Gene... that sounds like an awesome time!

(Note to all - my example in the first post wasn't just an example, there really is an event going on)
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Here in San Diego... on November 18th(noon to 8pm)...the man...the myth....the legend will appear...ROCKY PATEL. image
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Here in San Diego...at Excalibur Cigar & Wine Lounge in November...the man...the myth....the legend will appear:
    Dude!!! I might finally have a reason to come down to San Diego!
    Im going to get the day off work and show up....any other BOTL's want to join me? I work about 2 miles from this location.
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Im going to get the day off work and show up....any other BOTL's want to join me? I work about 2 miles from this location.
    AHHHHH CRAP! THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE DAY!

Lol I just noticed the actual date - I'm already scheduled for that day to be picking up a friend from the airport in SF (which is an all-day venture), so basically it's a no-way for me. Damn - I was seriously considering making the drive too..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Depending on how things work out, I might be able to go down for that event. I've wanted to check out the Excalibur for a while now.

Is their lounge a "members only", or is it open to the public?
    The same Cigar place that is having Charlie Torano on the 22nd is having Rocky on the 29th!!!

I'm wokring that day, so I may have to call in sick *Cough* *Cough*
    j0z3r:
    Depending on how things work out, I might be able to go down for that event. I've wanted to check out the Excalibur for a while now.

Its open to the public & you can also join the club.....i was going to join for 120.00 which gives you 10-40% discounts on sticks and prob beer/wine and gives you a personal humidified locker for your sticks.
    AQUADGIO1200:
    j0z3r:

Its open to the public & you can also join the club.....i was going to join for 120.00 which gives you 10-40% discounts on sticks and prob beer/wine and gives you a personal humidified locker for your sticks.
    Is that $120 a month? Or a year? Cuz if that's annual, that's really good.
    Hays:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    j0z3r:

120.00 per year membership.....oh man..if it was monthly, i would expect all you can smoke cigars when you visit (kinda like joining a golf club---unlimited rounds)
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Hays:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    j0z3r:

120.00 per year membership.....oh man..if it was monthly, i would expect all you can smoke cigars when you visit (kinda like joining a golf club---unlimited rounds)
    Well I don't know what's typical in your area, but $120 for a club membership is super low around here, as well as in the Bay Area...
    Charlie Torano and live rolling will happen tonight at my Local B&M and I was wondering, I've only really had the Casa Torano and if they have some INSANE box deals what would you guys all recommend?
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    The Exodus Gold. Wish I could be there tonight. Stuck in Chicago on business.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    Just got back from a Rocky Patel event at a B&M here in Baton Rouge and yes the man Rocky Patel was there in the flesh. I was actually nervous meeting him. Super nice guy and he spent the entire time I was there talking and introducing himself to everyone there. He debuted his "autumn" line and everyone got a free RP Rennaisance. I smoked that while I there and it was a very good smoke. Good enough that I bought 3 more and got an extra freebie on top of those.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Sounds good dwayne ...I'd like to meet Rocky ...
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Perdomo event in Bloomfield NJ. 5pm - close. Not sure if I will be able to make it.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    November 12th in Atlanta, CAO and Torano event. My affinity for the Torano's will insure my presence. I attended a great event recently with Perdomo, Gurkha, and El Primer Mundo. I was not familiar with the later, but the maduro torpedo was excellent.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    Charlie Torano and live rolling will happen tonight at my Local B&M and I was wondering, I've only really had the Casa Torano and if they have some INSANE box deals what would you guys all recommend?
    The Casa Torano Maduro is one of my favorite Maduros. I haven't had many of the other Torano cigars, but I have a few resting for me to try out. The Signature is high on the list after seeing a few guys here rave about them. EDIT: looks like your event happened already. What did you get?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm just waiting for Oct. 29th!!! Pete Johnson at my favorite local shop!!! They had Kinky Freidman a week or two ago and there was a Nub event with Sam Leccia last weekend that I missed, but I have to make it to the Pete Johnson event! I am hoping to get to split a box of the much coveted "Drakes" with a buddy of mine! The owner said if he gets any that he would hook us up. They are very hard to come by and he doesn't get many boxes... Ohhhhh I HOPE!!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    I'm just waiting for Oct. 29th!!! Pete Johnson at my favorite local shop!!! They had Kinky Freidman a week or two ago and there was a Nub event with Sam Leccia last weekend that I missed, but I have to make it to the Pete Johnson event! I am hoping to get to split a box of the much coveted "Drakes" with a buddy of mine! The owner said if he gets any that he would hook us up. They are very hard to come by and he doesn't get many boxes... Ohhhhh I HOPE!!!!
    Good Luck on getting some Dracs. If you get any extras, think of me, but really the buzz around these are huge. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for an opportunity. I think the Black Tubos and the Verocu Tubos are suppose to be released in November....Pete's just got it going on right now.
    So I was just reading through Robb Report (my favorite 'dreaming' magazine), and I came upon an event in November at the Intercontinental Hotel in San Francisco:

16th Annual Single Malt & Scotch Whiskey Extravaganza
    Wednesday, November 18
    Intercontinental San Francisco
    Over 100 Rare and Unique Single Malt and Scotch Whiskeys
    Dinner Buffet
    Cigars from Saint Luis Rey, Playboy, and Romeo y Julieta.
    Tickets are $130, but special rates for groups of 8 or more (If you have a few friends, I might have me and 1 other.)
    Jackets preferred.
    www.SingleMaltExtravaganza.com

Any of the SF guys interested? Rad? EDIT: Just looked at the site and found out that they won't be actually allowing smoking at the event. Cigars are to be taken home.
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    The Casa Torano Maduro is one of my favorite Maduros. I haven't had many of the other Torano cigars, but I have a few resting for me to try out. The Signature is high on the list after seeing a few guys here rave about them. EDIT: looks like your event happened already. What did you get?
    I didn't end up going... work was too long and tiring... I am completely regretting it
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    I hope I can still make it out there tomorrow, it sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Lassy REALLY needs to be here for this one! The MILLER LITE GIRLS ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
    PuroFreak:
    Lassy REALLY needs to be here for this one! The MILLER LITE GIRLS ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
    Well the girlfriend isn't too crazy about the whole moving to Texas thing... but I will be there for SOME MILLER LITE GIRLS!!!

(She will be missed)
    Lasabar:
    PuroFreak:
    Well the girlfriend isn't too crazy about the whole moving to Texas thing... but I will be there for SOME MILLER LITE GIRLS!!!

(She will be missed)
    Haha you can crash on my couch for the night after the event. You better head out soon though. It's tomorrow afternoon at 4pm!
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    For any Illinois BOTL's. Camacho is having an event at R&B Tobacco in Elgin IL 11/16. I'm planning my next trip to Chicago around this one.