Home General Discussion

KFC

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
Wow! I mean just wow. After a few puffs, I had to find out what was making this cigar so tasty. So ...... I couldn't help my self.
"Joe, can I borrow your knife for a sec?"...

photo CBE47D65-orig.jpg

well there's the answer ..... pipe tobacco, or whatever it is.

photo AEF17153-orig.jpg

Comments

• AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    Just when I thought I've seen it all, you guys amaze me again! lol Never heard of anyone tearing open a cigar in the middle of smoking it because it was tasty! lol. usually you wanna keep going!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    My guess is dzr did not really like this stick. But he's cut up Padron Anniversaries too, so I could be wrong.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Yeah, don't send this guy a Behike or anything!
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I tried one of those...tasted like despair and depravity.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    danielzreyes:
    Wow! I mean just wow. After a few puffs, I had to find out what was making this cigar so tasty. So ...... I couldn't help my self.
    "Joe, can I borrow your knife for a sec?"...

photo CBE47D65-orig.jpg

well there's the answer ..... pipe tobacco, or whatever it is.

photo AEF17153-orig.jpg
    see i said it sucked balls kuya but you had to go and get lit!
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Honestly, I thought it smelled like balls. Got it in one of my COTMCs and it came double bagged and labeled "keep separate." Fired it up just to prevent it from contaminating my other cigars. I didn't think it tasted that bad...certainly not as overpowering as it smelled, but I wouldn't buy another.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Why is it when ever someone posts "KFC", I get hungry for chicken?
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    0patience:
    Because you've been mindfucked by the Colonel?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    ejgorman:
    0patience:
    Because you've been mindfucked by the Colonel?
    mmmm....chicken!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    What the hell kind of cigar has pipe tobacco in it?!?!
    danielzreyes:
    all those fire cured crap floating around these days,they running out of stuff to make, just keep real and simple no need to cross lines from cigar to pipe to cigarette and back,
    thank god i talked to pete johnson and he said never will he do that.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    One more reason I will never buy anything de
    Lee.mcglynn:
    One more reason I will never buy anything de
    agreed wont touch anything from DE to smoke for myself
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    ejgorman:
    Honestly, I thought it smelled like balls. Got it in one of my COTMCs and it came double bagged and labeled "keep separate." Fired it up just to prevent it from contaminating my other cigars. I didn't think it tasted that bad...certainly not as overpowering as it smelled, but I wouldn't buy another.
    I have a Spectre that I just can't pull the trigger on because of the smell. Can't do it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    danielzreyes:
    This and ajf spectre have latakia, that black smokey leaf. I think the leccia black had a flue cured leaf. I like the leccia a lot, not quite as good as the white though. You convinced me to never try this one. Ive only heard terrible stuff about it.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Not for me. Took few puffs and threw it away.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    rzaman:
    Not for me. Took few puffs and threw it away.
    Same here, i was really bad.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Just out of curiousity, was it the flavors that were completely off? I've had the Specter so far and it was good. Not used to pipe tobacco in cigars, but I still enjoyed it.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I'm not a pipe smoker but that's what it smelled like, pre light. When I lit it, everyone at the herf said the smoke smelld like pipe tobacco. To me there is "eh it's aiiight" there's "meh" there's "oh man no way" and then of course the KFC.

What was funny was I would keep clipping the tip and force all the guys at the herf to take a puff lol. Todd bandyt09's reaction was the best. ..... "where is Snickers (his dog) so I can lick his a$$ to get rid of this taste" Haha
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    I bought a mazo of these when they were first released and have not gotten up the nerve to try one yet. We named our daughter Molly back in December, and they released a vitola called Fat Molly right after. I pre-ordered a mazo just for the name. Guess I have to try one so I can ditch them.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    danielzreyes:
    Todd bandyt09's reaction was the best. ..... "where is Snickers (his dog) so I can lick his a$$ to get rid of this taste" Haha
    Wow. That bad? I guess I should count myself lucky. The worst I've ever had was notes of ancient newspaper clippings and pennies from an RP 1990.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    wwhwang:
    danielzreyes:
    Todd bandyt09's reaction was the best. ..... "where is Snickers (his dog) so I can lick his a$$ to get rid of this taste" Haha
    Wow. That bad? I guess I should count myself lucky. The worst I've ever had was notes of ancient newspaper clippings and pennies from an RP 1990.
    Ancient newspaper clippings and pennies? A SIGNIFICANT upgrade over the KFC. I seriously cannot describe how bad it was. I almost wanted to drink a Coors just to UPGARDE the taste in my mouth and those that know me know I would NEVER EVER drink a Coors. I really think I throw up a bit in my mouth and that helped with the taste issue.

Sorry for sugar coating this "review", I'll try better next time accurately describing my feelings towards a cigar.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    bandyt09:
    wwhwang:
    danielzreyes:
    Ancient newspaper clippings and pennies? A SIGNIFICANT upgrade over the KFC. I seriously cannot describe how bad it was. I almost wanted to drink a Coors just to UPGARDE the taste in my mouth and those that know me know I would NEVER EVER drink a Coors. I really think I throw up a bit in my mouth and that helped with the taste issue.

Sorry for sugar coating this "review", I'll try better next time accurately describing my feelings towards a cigar.
    Hey now, the original banquet select isn't bad. But even Coors Light is better than this cigar.
  • KushKush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    wwhwang:
    Just out of curiousity, was it the flavors that were completely off? I've had the Specter so far and it was good. Not used to pipe tobacco in cigars, but I still enjoyed it.

They smelled like a cold charcoal barbeque grill and they had the same taste. And for me the taste lasted well after the cigar was dead in a ditch.