Home General Discussion

Casa Fuente sticks - sad times.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
So as most of you know... I was in Vegas and picked up two cigars from Casa Fuente. My first one wouldn't burn right (one side would not light/stay lit and it canoed on me really bad) the second did the same thing and had a gnarly tight draw on it. It felt like it had a knot in it so I gently rolled it between my thumb and index finger to try to free up the draw. Didn't help. :( the hard part is... Despite these issues the flavors amazing for what I could get outta them.

I've had several other sticks outta my humi between the two Casa Fuente sticks, regularly rotate and check my sticks for beetles (around every 2-3 weeks... Mostly cause I love the way cigars look and smell and I like to see what I have in stock and move sticks I wanna try up tithe top level) and despite the heat the RH In my humi has stayed at a solid 69%. Am I doing something wrong or was it just a couple bad picks?

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    That is a bummer. At the advice of many veterans here on the forum I try to keep my humis at 65% but I seriously doubt that is your problem. Hope it was just an isolated incident. I hope those sticks didn't cost you the price I heard they were going for.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    CharlieHeis:
    That is a bummer. At the advice of many veterans here on the forum I try to keep my humis at 65% but I seriously doubt that is your problem. Hope it was just an isolated incident. I hope those sticks didn't cost you the price I heard they were going for.

Yeah my Heartfelt 65% beads get delivered tomorrow. Lol I haven't had many issues with my humi at 70%... But i am jumping to a lower RH now. As for the cost of the pair... Lol yeah. Twernt cheap. Lol oh well. Like I said the parts i got I smoke were good. Lol
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Were they maduros? Maybe they need to be dry boxed. I've never had to do it, but some people swear by it.
    They weren't maduro. My regular smoking habits beore smokin... I take the stick out of my cello and humi about a hour or two before toasting and lighting. I don't have a drybox setup... I think. Lol
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Sad Indeed, I try not to smoke anything that has not been in My humi at least a month and even then I've had some crazy burns, thought I got some bum smokes one time after three duds in a row threw the box into the cooler and forgot about it for about 6 months, every stick finished with as close to a perfect burn as I've ever seen. Made me willing to be a little patient and let em rest.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    From my experience fuente tends to pack one tight smoke! Some of the non Cameroon lines are almost rock solid and at a "normal" rh probably would be rather difficult to draw. I've got some magnum44's that you could put in a sock and knock people out with but at 65 rh they draw just fine. As I say this I don't think I've had a smoke at 70rh in a very long time
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    LiquidChaos66:
    So as most of you know... I was in Vegas and picked up two cigars from Casa Fuente. My first one wouldn't burn right (one side would not light/stay lit and it canoed on me really bad) the second did the same thing and had a gnarly tight draw on it. It felt like it had a knot in it so I gently rolled it between my thumb and index finger to try to free up the draw. Didn't help. :( the hard part is... Despite these issues the flavors amazing for what I could get outta them.

I've had several other sticks outta my humi between the two Casa Fuente sticks, regularly rotate and check my sticks for beetles (around every 2-3 weeks... Mostly cause I love the way cigars look and smell and I like to see what I have in stock and move sticks I wanna try up tithe top level) and despite the heat the RH In my humi has stayed at a solid 69%. Am I doing something wrong or was it just a couple bad picks?
    Chris,
    On behalf of Casa Fuente, I am sorry to hear this. If you send me your addy and give me some time, work is SUPER STUPID CRAZY, I am pretty sure I can find Casa Fuente replacement for you. It may not be what you picked out and may be somewhat older but a good replacement I'm sure it would be. Shoot me a PM with your addy brother. If you don't, I'll have to find it and then it is worse on you. Go ahead and ask around, the 20 count is real sensitive and gets hurt feelings if you personally don't pony up an addy.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    bandyt09:
    LiquidChaos66:

Chris,
    On behalf of Casa Fuente, I am sorry to hear this. If you send me your addy and give me some time, work is SUPER STUPID CRAZY, I am pretty sure I can find Casa Fuente replacement for you. It may not be what you picked out and may be somewhat older but a good replacement I'm sure it would be. Shoot me a PM with your addy brother. If you don't, I'll have to find it and then it is worse on you. Go ahead and ask around, the 20 count is real sensitive and gets hurt feelings if you personally don't pony up an addy.
    Oh boy.
    You don't want to offend the 20 count.
    ROFL!
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    0patience:
    bandyt09:
    LiquidChaos66:

Chris,
    Oh boy.
    You don't want to offend the 20 count.
    ROFL!
    Well, if Chris doesn't own up to it I'm certain SOMEONE could help out. SOMEONE could give up that address and maybe also penalize Chris for being stubborn....
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    bandyt09:
    LiquidChaos66:

Chris,
    Oh boy.
    I think we should let him at least log back in. If he choses to log in and NOT send me his addy I, I mean "the 20 count", may just have to take out his feeling slighted on ALL of Oregon...........No pressure to pony up that that Chris!!!!!!!!!! You don't want to offend the 20 count.
    ROFL!
    Well, if Chris doesn't own up to it I'm certain SOMEONE could help out. SOMEONE could give up that address and maybe also penalize Chris for being stubborn....
    Give him a chance to think it over and do the right thing... If he doesn't pony up I'm more than willing to shove him under the bus, likely give him a good kick at the same time!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    bandyt09:
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    bandyt09:
    LiquidChaos66:

Chris,
    Oh boy.
    I think we should let him at least log back in. If he choses to log in and NOT send me his addy I, I mean "the 20 count", may just have to take out his feeling slighted on ALL of Oregon...........No pressure to pony up that that Chris!!!!!!!!!! You don't want to offend the 20 count.
    ROFL!
    Easy now old friend.
    No sense in bringing ALL of Oregon in on this.

Someone PM me or Todd his addy before Todd gets a wild hair.
    Anyone?
    Hold up hold up hold up! I was at a mustang club meeting! Please no one throw me under the bus yet!
    bandyt09:
    LiquidChaos66:

Chris,

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist now lol I'll get a PM to ya hear shortly. I do appreciate the gesture! Like I had said earlier.... what i was able to smoke of them was quite enjoyable. I would honestly buy more... but Vegas is a bit of a drive to get so cigars lol
    Atta boy! Way to man up...especially since i couldn't find where I put your addy. ;)
    I had no damn choice! Lol if it wasn't me... There are at least 10 people on here that would have thrown me to my death.
    LiquidChaos66:
    I had no damn choice! Lol if it wasn't me... There are at least 10 people on here that would have thrown me to my death.

In a heartbeat bro ;)
    You're too good to me ;)
    LiquidChaos66:
    "You only hurt the ones you love" isn't just a saying, it's a rule around here.