Home Non Cigar Related

0patience mentioned insomnia...

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I use to be able to sleep while walking or standing, never had a problem.

Lately sleep has become a real problem and it is making me a worse curmudgeon then I already was.

Changed my habits and "work schedule". Have gone without coffee and changed the times I take my scripts. I have altered the time I go to bed and tried sleeping by changing where and how I sleep on the bed. Tried a warm and cool room, fan and no fan. Even went so far as to go days with out my pain meds. Nothing works and it is getting to be a real drag.

I know this subject has been posted about before, but if anyone has some insight I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate it.

Anyone pick up something from their grandmothers that helped? If I have to I will try and get my doctor to prescribe some Xanax or something, which I would rather not. Insurance wont pay for it anymore, but it is cheap enough

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    The stuff that ny-quill makes but it is just to help you fall asleep. I think it is called zzz-quil or something like that. You can get it at wal-mart or wherever. Works for me and is non habit forming.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Malatonin.
    It works for some and will be hit and miss for me. Z-quil will sometimes work for me.
    I won't take prescription sleep pills, so I fight back and forth on sleep.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    You might want to try Melatonin capsules or droplets. It's what your body normally produces to help enduce sleep, but supplements add an extra punch. It's over the counter stuff, usually found in the natural supplements aisle.

You just want to be careful with the dosage, because it can make you feel really groggy when you wake up. Try a low dosage at first--1-3mg--and see how it goes and then work your way up if it doesn't help.
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    raisindot:
    You might want to try Melatonin capsules or droplets. It's what your body normally produces to help enduce sleep, but supplements add an extra punch. It's over the counter stuff, usually found in the natural supplements aisle.

You just want to be careful with the dosage, because it can make you feel really groggy when you wake up. Try a low dosage at first--1-3mg--and see how it goes and then work your way up if it doesn't help.

+1 for this. It has helped me dramatically.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Can't sleep because you're not tired, lol.
    Is there something on your mind keeping you awake? Gomer Pyle used to say "A mind can't sleep when it's full of woes and it won't rest until you rid it of those woes".
    Reading in bed may make you sleepy too. Not a book but a magazine article or something short, give you something to think about when the lights go out.
    I found a bubble bath about an hour or so before bed really makes me relaxed and tired. Yes I like to take a bubble bath now and again. Mr Bubble is good but you can fart up some of your own fragrances too. I sleep like a baby after that.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Exercise is the best cure for my insomnia. Not usually a problem, but in rare cases that I can't sleep I'll go for a run. Or get a belly full of food.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    In the right hands a rubber hammer can do a quality job.