Home General Discussion

Man-O-War Super Sampler

DerGrubermeisterDerGrubermeister Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Has anyone else here ordered this sampler? I've worked my way through the sizes from smallest to largest and so far the torpedos have been the only truly good smoke IMO. Is it just me or is this sampler as a whole just kinda unpleasant?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    DerGrubermeister:
    Has anyone else here ordered this sampler? I've worked my way through the sizes from smallest to largest and so far the torpedos have been the only truly good smoke IMO. Is it just me or is this sampler as a whole just kinda unpleasant?
    Haven't had that particular sampler, but I have tried all the vitola's the Man 'O War comes in and while there are definatley differences, they are all pretty good.

How much age is on these? A couple of months even in proper storage makes all the difference with the Man 'O Wars. IMO

The Torp's., and the Corona are my two fav's. The only one I didn't enjoy was the Robusto. It's not that it was a bad stick, I just don't like Robusto's as much as other Vitolas.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    the ones i least liked were the torps and my least fav the corona. both still enjoyable but not as good. i liked all of the other ones, with the double corona being just heaven.
    sol1821:
    the ones i least liked were the torps and my least fav the corona. both still enjoyable but not as good. i liked all of the other ones, with the double corona being just heaven.

Different strokes for different folks...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    sol1821:

Doug, did you enjoy the runiation more than the MOW? and I'm thinking the torp had the most flavor?
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    sol1821:

Doug, did you enjoy the runiation more than the MOW? and I'm thinking the torp had the most flavor?
    Yes I do enjoy the Ruinations more then the originals. But I do find they are totally different sticks taste wise. The Ruinations are much sweeter and a little heavier in body then the Man 'O wars. IMO

I liked the Ruinations so much that I bought a box of the Robusto No.1

I like the Corona's and the Torp's the best in the Man 'O wars. Have you not tried the Ruinations yet Pheebs? If you have which one(s) and what were your thoughts?
  • TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    MoW's seem to really improve with age... ones I thought were OK after smoking right off the truck blew me away after 6 months in the humi... I like the whole line!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I love the MoW in the robusto #2.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I've had the MOW toro and the Ruination robusto #1 and I really enjoy both, but agree that they need a decent amount of rest before you can really taste their true potential.
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    sol1821:

Yes I do enjoy the Ruinations more then the originals. But I do find they are totally different sticks taste wise. The Ruinations are much sweeter and a little heavier in body then the Man 'O wars. IMO

I liked the Ruinations so much that I bought a box of the Robusto No.1

I like the Corona's and the Torp's the best in the Man 'O wars. Have you not tried the Ruinations yet Pheebs? If you have which one(s) and what were your thoughts?
    cool doug. I've been putting them on the LIST.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I love all the MOW offerings. I find the Ruination Torp to be the top dog. They all need a rest in the humi to start with.
    fla-gypsy:
    I love all the MOW offerings. I find the Ruination Torp to be the top dog. They all need a rest in the humi to start with.

Yes. like all really good sticks, they are fine when fresh but they are fantastic with some age.
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:

Yes. like all really good sticks, they are fine when fresh but they are fantastic with some age.
    just like women!
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:

just like women!
    EXACTLY! Very well put Pheebs.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I've had all three offerings of the Ruination, and loved them all. They are safely at the top of my list of cigars. The torpedo did seem to be the best of the best though, followed by the Robusto #2.

I have only had the robusto of the original MOW, and wasn't that impressed, especially since I smoked the Ruination first. I mean, it's good, but AJ definitely hit his stride with the Ruination.