Home General Discussion

Humidity crashing

Master TMaster T Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
Ok, it's getting cold and the humidity around here has pretty much hit 0. Or at least it feels that way. It seems that my humidors and feeling the pain and can't keep up with it. I have one at 65% and another has dropped to 60%! I have filled them both with straight distilled water but they don't seem to be coming back. I'm really getting concerned as winter hasn't even hit here yet and things are only going to get worse. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Humi-Care Cigar Gel that is sold here? How well does it perform and would anyone recommend them? Or any other brilliance would be appreciated as well.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    yes i have the gel and it pushed my humidity way over. Since you're not that bad try a drymistat tube. they're the size of a toro so you can put it in the middle of the collection.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Master T:
    Ok, it's getting cold and the humidity around here has pretty much hit 0. Or at least it feels that way. It seems that my humidors and feeling the pain and can't keep up with it. I have one at 65% and another has dropped to 60%! I have filled them both with straight distilled water but they don't seem to be coming back. I'm really getting concerned as winter hasn't even hit here yet and things are only going to get worse. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Humi-Care Cigar Gel that is sold here? How well does it perform and would anyone recommend them? Or any other brilliance would be appreciated as well.
    Here is a link for some great beads available in 65 or 70 RH and they are way cheaper then Heartfelt beads. These are the museum quality beads, check 'em out. http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    laker1963:
    Master T:
    Here is a link for some great beads available in 65 or 70 RH and they are way cheaper then Heartfelt beads. These are the museum quality beads, check 'em out. http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
    Beads are the way to go. My coolidor has been holding steady at 65% (where I like to keep it) with the Beads. My humidor that I use a jar of gel in it went down to 60% and I had to add in another jar. I've got more beads lying around here somewhere that are going into the humidors this weekend. Sick of the gel.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    as of late it seems that im a bit too late on every bit of cigar advice out there. i agree with all the above.
  • Master TMaster T Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    Ok, sounds like the beads are the way to go, I just hope they ship to Canada.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Master T:
    Ok, sounds like the beads are the way to go, I just hope they ship to Canada.
    They Do!! It cost me $44 and change to have two pounds shipped to me on the coast, this included the price of the beads.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    kuzi16:
    as of late it seems that im a bit too late on every bit of cigar advice out there. i agree with all the above.
    It's because you've taught us so well Kuz.... I like to think of this as your Retirement and now you can relax and enjoy cigars!