Home General Discussion

I'm feeling uneasy about my Fuente sticks

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
I'm nervous to smoke them. I really want to have one on my bday In a couple weeks... But what if I love them??? I can't go to Vegas any time I need one and the house blends aren't available online anywhere... I don't know what to do! I don't want to ignore them and not smoke them... But the lack of availability (not to mention their price too lol) is making me want to keep them and not smoke them. :(

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    1 on the birthday or special occasions is all I would ever smoke them for. Is this a special birthday (21, golden, 40)?
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    It's a special occasion cigar. Your birthday is a special occasion. No-brainer.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Yeah it is a special occasion... I'm turnin the big 3-oh this year. That's pretty much why we went to Vegas and why I hiked 3 miles up and down the strip in 105 degree heat to get them. Lol i just have a hard time smoking (or eating/drinking/using) something that's hard to get ahold of. Lol but yeah. You guys are right. I only turn 30 once... Just might smoke both that day! Lol
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    "Cigars are meant to be smoked, do so, and enjoy them."

Been there, done that, saved "special" cigars. "Special occasions" came and went and they went untouched. Finally started lighting these "special" cigars up on a regular weekday evening after a nice dinner or sunny Sunday afternoon .... happy that I tried them instead of just letting them keep sitting in the humi forever.

Agree with Chemnitz.... Birthday = special occasion
    CF cigar = special smoke
    No brainer, light it up.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Chemnitz:
    Exactly... Never had an Opus or any of the higher end Fuentes but if I had one I'd be lighting that bad boy up on my Birthday next week. Looks like we're both Leos too, I'm actually on the cusp so Cancer and Leo, so Happy early Birthday fellow Leo and just enjoy that awesome cigar and have a great Birthday.
    I hear ya! I've done that a few times already. Passed up quite a few really good smokes on special occasions and went with good ones I've had already. Later smoking them and loving them afterwards. Plus after thinking about it... There's a lot of guys on this forum... I'm sure someone is bound to go to Vegas (or lives close to it) that I could "persuade" to pick a few up for me. Lol
    jimmyv723:
    Chemnitz:
    Exactly... Never had an Opus or any of the higher end Fuentes but if I had one I'd be lighting that bad boy up on my Birthday next week. Looks like we're both Leos too, I'm actually on the cusp so Cancer and Leo, so Happy early Birthday fellow Leo and just enjoy that awesome cigar and have a great Birthday.

Happy upcoming birthday brother Leo! :) I'm really kickin myself for not grabbing any Opus sticks too... But I'm ok with that. I can find those online or at my B&M regularly. I personally enjoyed the Opus X and would highly recommend it! :)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Collect the bands, smoke the cigars! Best of both worlds. You get the experience of smoking a nice cigar along with a little collectible to remember it.
    That brings me to my next dilemma.... What to do with all my bands I have already. lol thinking about getting a photo album with those sticky pages and plopping them in there till I get enough to do a big poster sized piece.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    LiquidChaos66:
    That brings me to my next dilemma.... What to do with all my bands I have already. lol thinking about getting a photo album with those sticky pages and plopping them in there till I get enough to do a big poster sized piece.
    Ziploc bag or plastic container is a pretty easy solution if you want to "store them" until you tackle the poster project.

Or a vase or some type of decorative glassware if you want to "display" them.
    Ooooooh I do like the case idea... Hmmmmm
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I used them to cover a pimpin bird house. I still have a ton left
    Yeah! I saw that a while back. It's awesome!!!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    1st time smokes I put the band in a little photo album my wife got me for that. All others go in big jars, or the boxes they came in. Figure to do something with them someday but no time right now.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    LiquidChaos66:
    jimmyv723:
    Chemnitz:

Happy upcoming birthday brother Leo! :) I'm really kickin myself for not grabbing any Opus sticks too... But I'm ok with that. I can find those online or at my B&M regularly. I personally enjoyed the Opus X and would highly recommend it! :)
    Thanks buddy and yeah I'll get around to trying one sometime.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Smoke the bejesus out of it an enjoy. If you want more, it will make them even better when you get them
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    If you don't smoke them and wait too long, the beetles will hatch. Just sayin
    danielzreyes:
    If you don't smoke them and wait too long, the beetles will hatch. Just sayin

NO BEETLES!!!!!!!! Do not want!