Home General Discussion

just out of curiosity...

jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
How many of you guys are cigarette smokers? How often? What are some of your favorite cigars?

Comments

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Tried a cigarette once when I was about 10 and nearly coughed up a lung. Never touched one again.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I count every cigarette I've smoked in my entire life on one hand ...... That is all. I find it completely repulsive!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    How many of you guys are cigarette smokers? How often? What are some of your favorite cigars?
    also, do you inhale cigars?
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    I smoked just over two packs a day for almost a decade. During this time I would have about five to ten cigars a year. When I quit cigarettes I felt like shi so after about two months of that feeling I had a cigar and felt great. Figured cigars were better, never looked back, and cigars are way better.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    also, do you inhale cigars?
    I don't inhale when I smoke cigars or pipes. That one time with the cigarette was enough lol.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Was a 3 pack a day smoker for 19-20 years (3 pack a day only for the last 5 or so)
    Also was way more accepted back in the 80's & 90's, could smoke almost anywhere
    Smoked Lucky Strikes & Camel non filter, have been around union painters/drywallers/carpenters/roofers from birth that thought it was great that the "kid" was smoking on the job with them :/ (was 12 when I started, they would hand them out to me like Pez all day - along with an Old Milwaukee and a bag of peanuts at the end of the day before job site cleanup)
    When I hit my 30's I decided to quit (wife and me both, she started in high school) was pretty easy really, the habit of just having a smoke in my hands/hanging out of my mouth all day was the only real hard part to break, solved that by keeping tooth picks or a carpenters pencil handy
    Started smoking Hooka with a few guys about 5 years ago just before I injured my back, loved the flavors (didn't inhale though) and stopped after the injury
    Then right about 3-4 years ago (don't remember exactly though because all the meds I was on from 2009 to 2013 don't let me remember much at all) A friend took me to the local B&M here to get me out of the house a bit & to try a cigar, Have been loving it since (and No, don't inhale - 2 or 3 times per cigar I will retro but thats about it)
    Still love the local shops sticks, but also love:
    Vegas Triple-A, San Lotano Bull, Sosa Third Harvest, Torano Loyal, Oliva Master Blends, & others like those, and many more of those makers sticks, pretty much anything in the full range thats not to dull throughout
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Never smoked. I chewed for 10 years but quit so I could enjoy cigars. Wife still thinks I'm killing myself but I've quit a lot of other things and chew wasn't that hard. I love the variety of cigars and that never gets old. My faves are DPG/MF, AF, Viaje, MOW.... Too many to name.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Started smoking cigars to quit cigarettes about 3 years ago. Smoked about 1 pack a day then, smoke 3 cigs a day now but only at work. Still need that crutch at work. Find myself not inhaling cigs as much now too when I do smoke one. Think I can do it, just keep swinging.
    Cigars, I smoke 1 in the morning with my coffee, usually a MOW Virtue or Vegas Classic, sometimes freeball it. After work smoke 1 cigar always, and 1 after supper usually. Weekends off like to mix it up, maybe have a Fuente day or whatever, life in the fast-lane. Have lots of favorites but most consumed would be: MOW's, Vegas's, and Pepin's. Recently went through my cigar bands and old boxes and I couldn't believe how many of these I have smoked.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    I am currently about a pack a day smoker. Wish I could say I wasn't. Maybe there is something to the cigar quiting method. Might have to give that a try. I currently enjoy on avg 5-6 cigars a week I guess. Also depends on the weather as well. We have been fortunate with nice weather lately but tough to really enjoy a good stick when you have a 4 yr old running around like a mad man as you have seen On The herf. It too is a crutch for me at work with the crazy stressful job I tell myself I enjoy so much. Current favs are oliva cohiba diesel cao hell I like most of them lol.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I smoke cigs about half a pack a day... Trying to quit but with my job it's tough! But I'm a camel light guy
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    No cigs, just cigars and a pipe.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Smoked Marlboro Red's about a pack a day. Quit about a year and a half ago. I don't inhale cigars, but I do think it is still somewhat of a crutch. I don't get cravings for cigs anymore, but when I did I would just think about enjoying a good cigar later that night. Now I just really enjoy cigars.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    I used to smoke them..menthol and then started smoking cloves....those were a bit on the wild side as it was like drinking a pot of coffee...felt like my eyes were bulging out. Now, it's just pipes and cigars and mystery rolled tobacco.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Smoked cigarettes until my wedding day (coming up on 3 yrs). Just so happened that my FIL gave me a box of cigars at the wedding reception. That started me on cigars and haven't looked back. Have tried to smoke a cigarette a couple different times since then and quite honestly I thought they tasted like SH*T. So now that I am smoking stogies less, I've noticed that I have started to lose my palate and cant pull the flavors out like I used to when I was smoking 3-5 a week. I may have 1-2 a month now.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    jimmyv723:
    Tried a cigarette once when I was about 10 and nearly coughed up a lung. Never touched one again.
    same here
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I am...almost one pack a day. Camel light.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I used to chew tobacco, but always found cigarettes disgusting.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Thanks guys for the input! I was mainly curious to see if there was a relationship between cigarette smokers and level of nicotine enjoyed in a cigar. Doesn't seem like there is.

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Krieg:
    jimmyv723:
    same here
    A Chris sighting..good to see you on the forums brother.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    jliu:
    Thanks guys for the input! I was mainly curious to see if there was a relationship between cigarette smokers and level of nicotine enjoyed in a cigar. Doesn't seem like there is.

being a smoker I think we can tolerate stronger cigars better...ie I can smoke a lfd dl chisel at 9am with no food and feel fine. Also I can count on one hand how many cigars actually gave me a nic kick
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:

being a smoker I think we can tolerate stronger cigars better...ie I can smoke a lfd dl chisel at 9am with no food and feel fine. Also I can count on one hand how many cigars actually gave me a nic kick
    ahh. makes sense. I'm not a cigarette smoker and am very sensitive to nicotine. I'm actually scared to smoke LFDs these days bc it might put me on my bums haha
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    I could count the number of cigarettes I've ever had on one hand. Never liked them. I enjoy a good cigar, but am also sensitive to nicotine. Have had my butt handed to me a few times LOL
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I don't know why I smoke cigarettes. I hate the taste. I was told many time that if I can stop smoking cigarettes then I will enjoy smoking cigars even more. I love cigars and don't know how much more I can enjoy it even if I stop smoking cigarettes-:) Its hard to stop smoking cigarettes for an unknown reason or maybe I enjoy smoke whatever form it comes with.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    rzaman:
    I don't know why I smoke cigarettes. I hate the taste. I was told many time that if I can stop smoking cigarettes then I will enjoy smoking cigars even more. I love cigars and don't know how much more I can enjoy it even if I stop smoking cigarettes-:) Its hard to stop smoking cigarettes for an unknown reason or maybe I enjoy smoke whatever form it comes with.
    my brother in law claims that he's not addicted to the cigarette itself, but the act of smoking instead
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I smoke when i'm deployed on the ship. It's a stress reliever. On shore i dont with the exception of if i'm doing any heavy drinking and cigarettes are around, i'll fire up a few.