Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Rain:
    F
    In my non professional opinion I would say big time +1
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    No raised anything on the band...plus off colored and the wrapper def is not cuban...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    You know the answer by now. Hope you didnt get a whole box or drop a lot of money on it. You can still light it up and see how it goes.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Can you take a pic of the cello it came in
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Gray4lines:
    You know the answer by now. Hope you didnt get a whole box or drop a lot of money on it. You can still light it up and see how it goes.
    I wouldn't risk it. Could be rolled with all manner of nasty inside.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    It was given to me from a friend. said he has a connection for cubans. It was dark so I took it. Stuck it in the herf a dor and after smoking a Hemingway I left. Got home this morning to examine its authenticity and I became very suspicious. I wont be buying anything from his connection but I was pretty sure it was a fake once I saw it in light. There are some hard and soft spots in it and the wrap just didn't look right.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    avengethis:
    It was given to me from a friend. said he has a connection for cubans. It was dark so I took it. Stuck it in the herf a dor and after smoking a Hemingway I left. Got home this morning to examine its authenticity and I became very suspicious. I wont be buying anything from his connection but I was pretty sure it was a fake once I saw it in light. There are some hard and soft spots in it and the wrap just didn't look right.
    tell your friend he is getting ripped off!!!!!!!!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Lee.mcglynn:
    avengethis:
    tell your friend he is getting ripped off!!!!!!!!
    Meh, if your friend enjoys them I don't really see the point in letting him know unless he asks. And definitely good that you took it, even if you did know it was fake at first glance. A cigar is a gift, after all, and should always be accepted as such.
    You're right Ken, could be nasty... I wouldn't do it. But, Hey might be ok.

I would consider gently telling your friend, especially if he is spending big money on them through this connection. Maybe hurt feelings in the short run, but waaay better off later.
    I am undecided if I let him know or not. I probably will once I bring over something nice for him to enjoy while I break him the news. I will also probably try to light it up my expectations are not very high.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Don't let him know!....Well let me phrase my friend from elementary school bought me a box of CC for my wedding. He went to great lengths to get them. They were a glass top cc cohiba fakies. I told him and it literally crushed him.I felt terrible cause he got duked $150 for them.. up to you though.
    Darktower007:
    Don't let him know!....Well let me phrase my friend from elementary school bought me a box of CC for my wedding. He went to great lengths to get them. They were a glass top cc cohiba fakies. I told him and it literally crushed him.I felt terrible cause he got duked $150 for them.. up to you though.
    My 2 cents. I agree here. If it was a one time gift, no sense in making him feel bad. However, if I had a friend spending hundreds...thousands on what he thought were real cubans but was buying fakes, I'd have to let him know.
    For real, it might be a damed if you do, damned if you don't....but if he's buying these reguarly then let him be mad and keep his money.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Just my opinion,
    But when giving cigars (any gift at all really) to a friend/buddy weather the stick was either fake or even just something they didn't care for/enjoy I would sure hope they told me so I could either make sure I got real ones and not screwed over or a cigar they did like, it would not hurt my feelings in the least to be told the truth in either situation, in fact it would bother me more to think they were to worried/afraid to tell me the truth
    Again just my opinion though, you will have to decide how your relationship is with your friend

EDIT....................
    wanted to add a little example of how me, my family and the people we hang around are together (don't know if many people may be like we all are) ......we don't get hurt feelings, but I do understand many people do, and yes I really do have to watch myself here on the forums, a lot of you might be very offended at my blue collar construction personality face to face :)

(any of us to each other)
    Guy 1: Hey Di ck Bag that F-ing cigar you gave me the other day was a total peice of s#it man, what the he11, you roll it yourself with the dogs cr@p you found after mowing the lawn ??
    Guy 2: Ahhhh poor baby, shut the F up and swallow it princess, HAAA sorry brother will get you fixed up man, come in the garage next time were at the house and will get you something you like
    Guy 1: Roger that sweetie, but you better give me that AND a "Good" cold bear to wash the s#it taste of it outa my mouth
    Guy 2: I got something you can wash it down with baby. (everyone laughs) and the crap talk continues about whatever all day

We are all either contractors of some sort or retired military guys in the family/friend circle

^^^Reminds me of my job.
    Yeah I think his "passion" is dwindling for cigars so I might let it ride at this point but if he talks about it I will let him know to save his money. I definitely wont be investing in anything from his source.
    Tried smoking it tonight...It was awful. Tasted like somebody took a crap and rolled it up
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    avengethis:
    Tried smoking it tonight...It was awful. Tasted like somebody took a crap and rolled it up

Possibly. If you ask people who are not big into the hobby if they have ever tried an ISOM, and they say yes but they are very strong or harsh. Dead giveaway that they had some fakes.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    rsherman24:
    avengethis:

Possibly. If you ask people who are not big into the hobby if they have ever tried an ISOM, and they say yes but they are very strong or harsh. Dead giveaway that they had some fakes.
    Not necessarily. The ISOM manufacturers don't tend to age their tobacco as much as the NC manufacturers do. I've had a few ISOMs that were harsh and almost flavorless ROTT due to lack of aging, but after a year, they're great. After 3 years, they're damn delicious. It is true that fake ISOMs are ALWAYS harsh and flavorless no matter how aged they are though.
  • supermovessupermoves Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    If it's real, its the worst wrapper I have ever seen from MC....lol

Any real cigar lover has gotten their fair share of fakes...that said, being fake doesn't always mean a bad cigar...light it up and see how it tastes! 
  • charlespecharlespe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    How does the cello look like. But from what i can see, I would stick to fake
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    charlespe:
    How does the cello look like. But from what i can see, I would stick to fake
    this ^^^ hehe
    there was no wrap on it when he gave it to me so no way to tell there. After trying to smoke it, I guarantee it was a fraud but oh well. It was a present and I took it as that.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I dont get the reason some guys are saying not to tell your friend/connection. Why? Why would you keep letting your friend buy fake cigars? Why would you let your friend keep getting ripped off? I dont get the logic behind not telling...

If it was me, they would know before they even left!