Home General Discussion

What did I buy?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Did you ever get an order cofirmation email for an order or winning bid that you stand there for a couple minutes trying to fivure out what you bought?
And I was so fortunate to have my wife standing there when I got the email.
And the "What did you order now?" question, I really looked stupid when my response was, "dunno".
Yes, that went over real well.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Booze and the devil site don't mix. Learned that lesson
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Welcome to the club Tony!
  • BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    Just as bad is when the wife comes in with a box and I say "Now what did you buy?" It's usually followed by an evil face and an "it's addressed to you".
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    rsherman24:
    Booze and the devil site don't mix. Learned that lesson
    This.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    a unhealthy fear of my wife has prevented that from happening........
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    That's why at a b&m I never want a receipt! Sometimes you surprise yourself...I got tipsy at a b&m and didn't realize I bought some great cigars...I was happy but had no idea where my cash went
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I find having the mail key helps me a lot!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Set up email filter: keyword "cigar", actions "skip inbox/archive" "mark as read" apply tag "cigar".

Emails are not the issue... It's when the mailman leaves a stack of boxes all full of cigars at the front door!!!! Lol talk about being in the "dog house"
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Because our house is all one level and laid out in straight lines I have a door in my bedroom and it is on the end of the house. So, with the outside dogs as a warning I know when the delivery people are starting up the driveway and I can intercept it before it is known to anyone else. And because I had a "parking" spot put in on the door side the truck has a turn around area before it passes any windows. The only one who has ever caught me at my little subterfuge is my grand daughter Sam (pickles) and she keeps quiet, if she wants any more big jars of Sam's (she thinks it is her club) Club dill pickles, I think.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    My wife is great about it for the most part. She is the "World Class" shopper anyway, boxes coming all the time. Bought a keg of Vegas Cask, she loved the keg so I gave it to her, like I had a choice really. She does crafty things and wanted another one so she bought me keg, we all win.
    However, a friend at work used to use my account at a local florist from time to time to send flowers to his mom in Mass. He would then pay it on payday and I never got a bill in the mail, except one time he didn't. I come home from work, my wife has opened the bill and was waving it around asking who the f*ck I sent flowers to. I was standing there with that same look, reeling from the verbal assault. Took about 5 minutes I think before I could recall, quite funny.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Been there...still do that..
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    So now I'm curious Tony, what DID you buy?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    perkinke:
    So now I'm curious Tony, what DID you buy?
    Evidently, it was a 10 pack of Diesel Hair of the Dog robustos that I made a bid of $15 on.
    I had made the bid, then figured it would get outbid.
    Then I forgot all about it. LOL!