Home General Discussion

Boondoggle!

JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
Ok ok I can hardly contain my excitement. Looks like I'm heading out to New York City (?!?!get a rope! )next week for a few days (never been) and then off to London for a week all thanks to my fiances business! Any of you BOTL know of any cool cigar bars in NYC? We're staying in times square, so someplace close to that would be great.
Also, I guess I'll ask the same question about London. I know there are a few "blokes" of the leaf on here...any recommendations?

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Never been to the city but my only recommendation is to bring a camera and take some pics of a nice upscale B&M. I would love to see what some of the great ones look like.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    About 20 minute walk from times square is the Davidoff B&M, thats a nice place.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I see you are a fan of Pace Picante.... City boy!
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    undulac:
    Never been to the city but my only recommendation is to bring a camera and take some pics of a nice upscale B&M. I would love to see what some of the great ones look like.
    Oh I plan on taking lots of pics. I'll be sure to take some for you!
    betasynn:
    About 20 minute walk from times square is the Davidoff B&M, thats a nice place.
    Thanks! I can't wait! I'll have a lot off "me" time as fiance will be working and schmoozing late into the evenings.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    I think the Macanudo Bar is some where near Times Square.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Definitely do like a Google search or something. I remember at one point on a Cigar-Friendly-Locations website I saw some wAy awesome places in NYC.. I don't remember names or where I saw them though, sorry..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Try this one on for size, a listing of retailers in the state of New York. Link
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    They're actually a few places you can check out. Here's a list for ya:

Circa Tabac
    Club Macanudo
    Florio's of Little Italy
    Grand Havana Room
    Hudson Bar and Books
    Lexington Bar and Books
    Merchants, NY
    Carnegie Club

Hope this helps.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Jdorais:
    Ok ok I can hardly contain my excitement. Looks like I'm heading out to New York City (?!?!get a rope! )next week for a few days (never been) and then off to London for a week all thanks to my fiances business! Any of you BOTL know of any cool cigar bars in NYC? We're staying in times square, so someplace close to that would be great.
    Also, I guess I'll ask the same question about London. I know there are a few "blokes" of the leaf on here...any recommendations?
    PM me if you want my cell... When you gonna be here? We can arrange a meeting in the city for a coffee/cigar. As for places to smoke - most people don't like the cigars but they have one of the best lounges ever - Nat Sherman on 5th Avenue. Try also this little cozy place (now owned by Davidoff) - De La Concha 1390 Avenue of Americas,Greenwich Village, NY... Also JR CIgar and Alfred Dunhill again on 5th Ave...
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Jdorais:
    Also - get a cigar and smoke it in Bryant Park at night under the shining lights! (if its not raining or too cold/windy)...
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Krieg:
    Carnegie Club
    This is actually the one I was thinking of!! I saw it online and it looks freaking gorgeous. When I'm in NYC next I'm going there for sure...
    man you guys are great thank you so much. I have so much touring and planing to do; I feel kind of overwhelmed......