Home General Discussion

newbie, and cigars, La Fontanna Vintage?

tmanwelltmanwell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
Hi guys:
I'm pretty new to the cigar "hobby." I say hobby, as that is really all it is for me. I tend to puff one or 2 when I'm away on business or vacation. Total may reach 10 or 12 a year. That's fine by me. As a former cigarette smoker, I don't want to relapse into something habitual. I really do enjoy right where I'm at in this.

Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for a "new favorite." So far I'm very into the uber mild connecticut wrapper sticks. Positive experiences have been with the:
Ashton Classic
Aging Room Havao
Oliva Connecticut Reserve
Macanudo Hyde Park

Part of what I love is that most of these sorts lean toward the lower end of the price spectrum of premium hand-mades.

For instance, on a recent business trip I tried the La Fontanna Vintage. WOW. Super mild and a hint of sweetness as it went on. In asking around,... this stick, like the Macanudo doesn't seem to get a lot of 'love' from some of the guys--I guess cuz it's nothing special, but I sure liked it.
Enough, in fact, to ask for further recommendations along the lines of premium hand made mild connecticut smokes with a "sweetness" to them. Anything else come to mind?

Thanks for the help!

T.M.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    The great thing about this hobby and/or obsession as most on here would call it is there is a taste for everyone. It's all about what you like. I would suggest Nat Sherman Host Selection. Mild good smoke with a hint of sweetness On the tongue. Another mild that I have tried although without the sweetness would be Ave Maria Immaculata and Alec Bradley Connecticut. Both exceptional smokes and not a bank breaker. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and information.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I've said this several times, "Cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby!"

+1 on the Hyde Park.