Home General Discussion

New smoker, need help identifying cigar

gendoikari87gendoikari87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
So a few weeks back i got a cigar at a local stop, it was about 6 bucks and extremely dark. It's got ZERO spice, and extremely smooth and flavorful, slightly, slightly sweet. It was not an acid or anything of the sort. I still have about half of it so i can try and have it identified. But either I took the band off or it never had one. Fairly sure it didn't have one. Anyone have any ideas what this might have been? or other cigars that sound like it.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    That probably describes a dozen or so cigars.
    Best thing would be to go back to where you got it and see if you can get the info on it.
  • gendoikari87gendoikari87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Unfortunately they couldn't offer any information. So what are these dozen or so cigars you speak of?

Edit: also, I don' think they have anymore.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Was this at a cigar shop?
    Extremely dark, so that would indicate a maduro of some kind.
    Slightly sweet? Smoking it or is the tip slightly sweet?
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Unbanded and $6. I'm at a loss. Could the band have been on the foot of the cigar and you removed it in order to smoke it? The look and flavor profile reminds me a bunch of Partagas black label or the Macanudo Vintage Maduro both have bands though. Maybe someone like kuzi could help you. Welcome to the forum by the way.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    I thought of the 97 Mac with the metal band, but there are way to many cigars out there that fit this every palate is different profile.
    0patience:
    Was this at a cigar shop?

Extremely dark, so that would indicate a maduro of some kind.

Slightly sweet? Smoking it or is the tip slightly sweet?
    Smoking it, but it's only a hint of sweetness.

so when i go to the smoke shop on friday i want to tell them a maduro with no spice?
    blutattoo:
    Unbanded and $6. I'm at a loss. Could the band have been on the foot of the cigar and you removed it in order to smoke it? The look and flavor profile reminds me a bunch of Partagas black label or the Macanudo Vintage Maduro both have bands though. Maybe someone like kuzi could help you. Welcome to the forum by the way.
    it could have been, or it could have been at the top, I can't remember if I removed it or if it was just never there.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Swisher Sweet lol, how well do you know these guys. Welcome to the forum.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    gendoikari87:
    So a few weeks back i got a cigar at a local stop, it was about 6 bucks and extremely dark. It's got ZERO spice, and extremely smooth and flavorful, slightly, slightly sweet. It was not an acid or anything of the sort. I still have about half of it so i can try and have it identified. But either I took the band off or it never had one. Fairly sure it didn't have one. Anyone have any ideas what this might have been? or other cigars that sound like it.
    Welcome to the madness! Unfortunately unless you remember exactly where in the B&M you got it...your probably out of luck. Before you smoke any cigar take a picture of it with your phone, or keep the band. That way you'll have a record .
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    If it came unbanded from a B&M, more than likely it was one of their house blends. Very few branded cigars come without bands. One of the amazing things is that many B&M house blends are actually really good.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    if it is extremely dark and came with a band it may be a partagas black
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Darktower007:
    gendoikari87:
    Welcome to the madness! Unfortunately unless you remember exactly where in the B&M you got it...your probably out of luck. Before you smoke any cigar take a picture of it with your phone, or keep the band. That way you'll have a record .
    I agree. You may have the best luck in remembering exactly which shelf these came from or getting the shop help to remember you and what they sold you. I hope you can find what you are looking for. Take what's left of the cigar with you. That way they can see the wrapper and get a match for you and also figure out the ring gauge.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    blutattoo:
    Maybe someone like kuzi could help you.
    a dark unbanded (or took the band off)... at $6. slightly sweet (to one person could be a different experience given the variation of palates)
    there are far too many cigars that fit that bill. i cannot help without pictures.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Darktower007:
    gendoikari87:
    Not sure if this is in the Newb Rules list, but especially when starting out in the great adventure of cigar discovery, I found keeping the band or taking a photo to be very helpful. I even kept notes on my phone for a while with date, name of cigar, size and tasting notes.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    gendoikari87:
    Dang this should be a contest. Guess my cigar!
    http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/185/0/3/cigar_1_by_zeoniccorp-d7p8vna.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/185/5/1/img_0215_1__by_zeoniccorp-d7p8vy0.jpg

here it is any thoughts? just had a padilla reserva maduro and the flavor profile was about the same. problem was that the myster cigar was much stronger and even smoother. lots of smoke production compared to the padilla.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    No spice?!?! You liked it?!?! Huh maybe a flat nasty cigar lol I'd say you'd like ashton a lot if that's what you like
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 184
    well.... welcome to the forum
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Rhamlin:
    gendoikari87:
    Dang this should be a contest. Guess my cigar!
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I was reading this thread
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    It was an Arturo Sordo Payaso Robusto. Without a doubt. Welcome to the madhouse.