Home General Discussion

Questions

ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
Hey guys, just a few questions.

First to the guys in Afganistan - Do you know how long it takes packages sent from the states to be recieved over there?

Secondly - I"m guessing it takes a little bit to get sticks to afgan so is there anything special I should do before sending them? I'm guessing a humicare pillow, but don't know how long it'll last.

Thanks

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I sent a mystery mooch package to ejeene87, one of our deployed BoTL in Afghanistan. Sent 10-6, arrived 10-12. He's told me specifically that sometimes it will take quite a bit longer depending on if the package gets lost or something strange. (he sent me a package on 10-5 and it hasn't gotten to me yet, as an example) And, depending on where the person you are sending cigars to may be in a totally different location and supply chains may take longer in that case.

As far as humidity - humicare pillow is always good. They last quite a while, just make sure it is charged up before you send it out.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    ScottU:
    Hey guys, just a few questions.

First to the guys in Afganistan - Do you know how long it takes packages sent from the states to be recieved over there?

Secondly - I"m guessing it takes a little bit to get sticks to afgan so is there anything special I should do before sending them? I'm guessing a humicare pillow, but don't know how long it'll last.

Thanks
    It takes pretty much 6 days for things to get to the larger bases here in Afghanistan, about 10-15 days for things to get to the smaller places. I have noticed it takes a little bit longer, about 8-10 days, for things to make it back to the states.

As far as what you need to do to get them here, just fill out a simple customs form at the post office. Make sure you include some kind of humidification because the changes in temperature while they are shipped can really mess with the cigars and dry them out something aweful.

If you want to test a few different ways of sending cigars to Afghanistan I would be more than happy to fill you in on how they are when they get to me :-) just a thought
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I sent a package to Afganistan recently and it appeared to have arrived in 6 days. I have heard that some packages that were shipped to the U.S. could take up to a couple of weeks.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I have some questions too.
    ejenne87 : How do you guys access the internet? Do you guys have net books or personal computers or is there a place that you guys have specially set aside? And does the military have it's own internet service or do you have to purchase your own internet service?

Just some things that I was wondering.

Do a lot of military personel smoke cigars? And can you smoke just about anywhere?

I've just had my first cup of coffee and my brain is on fire! So my apologies in advance if I derail this thread.
    nightmaremike31:
    I have some questions too.
    ejenne87 : How do you guys access the internet? Do you guys have net books or personal computers or is there a place that you guys have specially set aside? And does the military have it's own internet service or do you have to purchase your own internet service?

Just some things that I was wondering.

Do a lot of military personel smoke cigars? And can you smoke just about anywhere?

I've just had my first cup of coffee and my brain is on fire! So my apologies in advance if I derail this thread.
    I would say that about 90% of people use computers and phones set up by the military. Not many people have the access to hook a personal computer up to the internet. I know there are some places where you can purchase internet to have in your room, but most of the time people just use the free internet provided to them by the military. I have internet in my office that is hooked up to the military internet so I can be on there all day though.

I was very suprised by the number of people that smoke cigars. I was expecting to be smoking alone most of the time, but that is almost never the case. About half the guys here will enjoy a cigar occasionaly, some of us daily. But even if no one else is having a cigar there are a bunch of cigarette smokes, so I have company most of the time.

In most places you can smoke anywhere outside that you want to. Where I am there are designated smoking areas because most of the buildings have wood exteriors.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    That's good to hear that you get to have some luxuries while serving our country. Of course I'm sure it also depends on where you are stationed. You have my respect good sir. And I thank you kindly for answering.
    nightmaremike31:
    That's good to hear that you get to have some luxuries while serving our country. Of course I'm sure it also depends on where you are stationed. You have my respect good sir. And I thank you kindly for answering.
    any time brother!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I think it'd be neat to produce the forum blend in maybe a skinny robusto, with a secondary band.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    betasynn:
    I think it'd be neat to produce the forum blend in maybe a skinny robusto, with a secondary band.
    Lol Joe, did you get your threads mixed up???