Home General Discussion

Took long enough!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
A rp rep was complaining about small sales the other day at the b&m...really for the newb rp is god for the vet rp might be going Gurkha! Seriously I hate when cigars sell just because of the name and not the blend or quaulity it really erks me.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Money can't buy taste...
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    I love the Decade and the Edge with the blue band. The Vintage 1990 and a of the couple others I have had were really good as well. So far I have not had a bad RP and would not hesitate to try anything RP

Don’t know how the above has anything to do with the OP but felt what the hell anyways.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Rain:
    Money can't buy taste...

True.

But I just got some good news and my money is going to buy me a steak and I am going to smoke the "Lost City" that The3Stogies sent me.

I still remember the only local B&M curmudgeon getting very testy when I made a comment (looking for input) about RPs. If it wasn't for the fact that he carries one (1) cigar I can't find anywhere else I would not ever enter his store again.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Outside of the 15th Annv. and the limited edition TAA toro, I agree they are overrated. My gripe has always been more about quality control than flavors.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    I give a lot of credit to their advertisement and PR people. If you were a newb and looking at the sites and catalogs, you would think RP and Gurkha were the best cigars in the world.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    blutattoo:
    Outside of the 15th Annv. and the limited edition TAA toro, I agree they are overrated. My gripe has always been more about quality control than flavors.
    very true! The qc is going down hill fast!